Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

who must go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Assad sound just like John dolan

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

People just replace the millions of complex tomes on US foreign policy with the single paragraph from the lion's interview.

The US just wants oil and client states to do as they are told.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol @ the replies where the point goes completely over the head

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

has there ever been a successful coup that involved "faking it until they made it"

valkyrie, the turkish coup, guiado....

Operation Ajax kinda fits the bill.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

lol why should we listen to the dictator who doesn't understand America?

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

comedyblissoption posted:

https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1190324817410396161?s=19

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1190400117322465280?s=20
:what:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/1190625627038273536?s=21

us troops straight up standing around guarding a pumpjack :911:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You mean the man who is always in "Switzerland" or "the Andes" for his wife's "Marathon race"? The man for whom no verified photographs exist?

:thunk:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Darkman Fanpage posted:

extremely damaging to the US’ image to be doing exactly what we’ve been doing for decades and killed a million people over- not a good luck! bad optics!

death to america

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Reality has a liberal bias is a Russian asset

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Usually america pay the locals do guard their oil, what a breach of decorum

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Libya literally had a faction of oil security guards

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone openly admitted to being a paid shill for the Saudi Royal Family in the WWE thread at the pro wrestling sub forum and then auto-banned themselves instead of facing a perma like a coward

this was after an extended meltdown where they implied everyone critical of the Saudi government to be a racist

loving holy poo poo lmao what a day in the world of posting

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If you mean Mel mudkiper he just sucks and that was probably a very poor attempt at trolling

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Taintrunner posted:

someone openly admitted to being a paid shill for the Saudi Royal Family in the WWE thread at the pro wrestling sub forum and then auto-banned themselves instead of facing a perma like a coward

this was after an extended meltdown where they implied everyone critical of the Saudi government to be a racist

I highly doubt Mel Mudkipper is a Saudi asset, and instead tried to have a funny meltdown and instead failed because unfortunately he is not very funny.

edit: ok by “Saudi asset” you mean “lame international English teacher” and by “paid shill” you mean “is extremely stupid and has dumb politics.”.

Lightning Knight has issued a correction as of 11:17 on Nov 3, 2019

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

are the mods CIA assets? or mossad?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

fits my needs posted:

are the mods CIA assets? or mossad?

I wish I could be somebody’s intelligence asset, Russia please pay me to shitpost. :(

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

I wish I could be somebody’s intelligence asset, Russia please pay me to shitpost. :(

you guys do this poo poo for free? lmao

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

fits my needs posted:

you guys do this poo poo for free? lmao

technically I do a lot of if not most of my posting at work so I am actually paid, though I got a new job and this will no longer be true after the middle of November.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
how coincidental that Bellingcat has shifted to confirming reports of atrocities committed by "Turkish-backed rebels"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

how coincidental that Bellingcat has shifted to confirming reports of atrocities committed by "Turkish-backed rebels"

not a bad grift that all started with looking up syria on google maps and looking up the SAA on wikipedia while your wife’s at work :shrug:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

I can’t believe he’d do Shamiwitness like that

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fits my needs posted:

not a bad grift that all started with looking up syria on google maps and looking up the SAA on wikipedia while your wife’s at work :shrug:

Nothing like making passive income off of doing Google searches and grainy photo analysis to back up war hawk taking points.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

I highly doubt Mel Mudkipper is a Saudi asset, and instead tried to have a funny meltdown and instead failed because unfortunately he is not very funny.

edit: ok by “Saudi asset” you mean “lame international English teacher” and by “paid shill” you mean “is extremely stupid and has dumb politics.”.

Well, they outed themselves as a member of Vision 2030, a major Saudi propaganda effort. So, troll or not, it was such a specific response that was played in a way that felt genuine, and incredibly hilarious. I have no idea what the admin/mods forums are saying about it, but it's pretty loving pathetic either way.

Anyways, here's a fuckin' pair of wrestling journalists talking about this absolute shitshow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc2VBdH35Uw

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

THS posted:

extremely damaging to the US’ image to be doing exactly what we’ve been doing for decades and killed a million people over- not a good luck! bad optics!

death to america

It's more that this image is so comically spot on you'd roll your eyes at it if it showed up in a movie

Yet, here it is, in reality.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Taintrunner posted:

lol @ agents getting paid to read my awful posts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/1191097815780515841?s=20

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Somewhere in a Bahraini prison, a man's mouth fills with bile but he doesn't know why.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Has the US ever promoted democracy if wasn't in the old "Regime Change" end goal?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Taintrunner posted:

Well, they outed themselves as a member of Vision 2030, a major Saudi propaganda effort. So, troll or not, it was such a specific response that was played in a way that felt genuine, and incredibly hilarious. I have no idea what the admin/mods forums are saying about it, but it's pretty loving pathetic either way.

mod forum consensus is that he was annoying and so him self-banning is fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

etalian posted:

Has the US ever promoted democracy if wasn't in the old "Regime Change" end goal?

"Democracy" is just 'things that benefit american capital' right? So yes we've been pro-democracy this whole time

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

etalian posted:

The Obama administration actively resisted supporting the Arab Spring in Egypt until they were forced to recognize it. Didn't have any problems with the counter-revolution though. FOR SOME REASON.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

etalian posted:

the obama administration actively broke the law to avoid promoting democracy in Egypt

there's actually a federal law saying that if a democratic country's government gets overthrown by a coup, the president has to end military aid to that country. so the obama administration simply refused to determine whether or not it was a coup. they didn't even have the stones to lie and say it wasn't a coup, they just refused to even evaluate it

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
yeah i remember things being very awkward for the obama admin during the egyptian protests lol

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wasn't there also a Honduras coup that Obama/Clinton were involved in?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
clinton more or less admitted to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

I'm looking and this is some juicy stuff, lmfao