Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I don't think anything can compare to Torikoa absurd rush which was goddamn amazing compared to this which just feels like it's just suffering from a lack of build up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I feel like Demon Slayer has been the overall realtime fastest I went from "oh hey this is pretty good!" to "well, I think I'm done reading this" with any shonen series with how this is going. Granted, it's well into its life cycle and when it's almost done, so I guess good work on that?

I think it's still pretty good and am enjoying it. So you do you I guess.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think it's still pretty good and am enjoying it. So you do you I guess.

Same.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The best chance they have of victory is take out Nakime, which should put everyone back on better terrain and allow the sun to come in.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsterEnvy posted:

The best chance they have of victory is take out Nakime, which should put everyone back on better terrain and allow the sun to come in.

If they do that Muzan might just run away though, and time is always on his side since he’s immortal and can just make more demons.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

The chapter has been deleted! :(

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pigasus posted:

The chapter has been deleted! :(

Here you go

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Tomioka Giyuu is a good boy too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Muzan is such an rear end in a top hat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Muzan is such an rear end in a top hat.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
i love murderface Tanjiro

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

It really feels like we’re coming to a conclusion.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I love how petty Muzan is

"Ugh, why should I be responsible for murdering your family? Why can't you just pretend an avalanche killed them or something you weirdos"

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

theGrooseofLegend posted:

"Ugh, why should I be responsible for murdering your family? Why can't you just pretend an avalanche killed them or something you weirdos"

There's just something so loving repugnant and sleazy about it that makes him so much more hateable. Like, there's always SOMETHING about a villain that makes you like him a little bit in some capacity, but Muzan is such a petty loving rear end in a top hat that he's the perfect hateable villain.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

doomrider7 posted:

There's just something so loving repugnant and sleazy about it that makes him so much more hateable. Like, there's always SOMETHING about a villain that makes you like him a little bit in some capacity, but Muzan is such a petty loving rear end in a top hat that he's the perfect hateable villain.

Oh absolutely
Hes every bit the slimy piece of poo poo filth of humanity and essentially lucked into incredible power, he even hosed himself out of immortality by being such a short-sighted paranoiac.
Muzan is the antithesis to the main cast in nearly every single way. And unlike most other demons he is utterly beyond pity.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 3, 2019

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

theGrooseofLegend posted:

He takes him doing what he wants as a given, and expects everyone else to conform. Like an earthquake or a hurricane, him killing people is basically an act of God; grief over your loss is expected, but anger over it happening is irrational and immature, as far as he sees it.

He is a very repugnant person.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's also really great because it shows how his brain just doesn't work like anyone else's. It's more than just not feeling anything about killing, he's entirely incapable of understanding why others do, and in fact, considers letting them live as something they should be happy about. He genuinely sees not only his actions, but also his expected reactions for those, as normal, and anything that deviates from those as abnormal. His morality is incredibly hosed up in ways that are extremely unsettling.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
To a degree, comparing Muzan to a natural disaster isn't inaccurate.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know if it was in this here thread or in the anime one, but I recall how the comparison to Yoshikage Kira popped up, and, while they're two very different types of repugnant monsters, I can't help but to think back on that comparison.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Wark Say posted:

I don't know if it was in this here thread or in the anime one, but I recall how the comparison to Yoshikage Kira popped up, and, while they're two very different types of repugnant monsters, I can't help but to think back on that comparison.

I was actually thinking of guys like Dio and/or Doflamingo, but Kira works better. The differences I'd say is that Kira has moments of...madness. Like you see him and you can tell that mentally he's REALLY hosed up like legit crazy person unwell and with Dio and Doffy being obviously different coming from radically broken and hosed up childhoods. With Muzan, he LITERALLY seems all there. No insanity, no broken childhood(God I hope they don't try to do this), just an evil, petty, monstrous man who feels entitled to Godhood and sees absolutely nothing with an of the horrific things he does and even expects thanks for sparing some people.

Edit: A big possibility in the comparison might be their dressing styles.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 3, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah. One thing that I liked is the explanation I read in some analysis piece (or probably the JoJopedia? Can't super recall rn) that Kira himself knows that what he's doing is not right, but sees it more like how you or me would see like a bad habit (chain-smoking, overeating, toilet-seat arrangements, you name it) in that he just needs to stop doing it and he'll be fine/"back in the wagon" again.

Muzan is more monstrous, but when Tanjirou first encounters him, he seems perfectly capable of just playing this "upstanding citizen" persona he has as Tsukihito so that the boy would leave him and his "family" alone. Also, like Kira, he seems to have a problem in dealing with his anger.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm very sad that we're done with muzan the fashion plate

i wanted to see him fight in a sharp outfit while keeping his clothes immaculate, alternately clearly not caring about them at all

we never got like a *fight* from anyone against pre-powered up muzan where he was pushed at all, right?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wark Say posted:

Yeah. One thing that I liked is the explanation I read in some analysis piece (or probably the JoJopedia? Can't super recall rn) that Kira himself knows that what he's doing is not right, but sees it more like how you or me would see like a bad habit (chain-smoking, overeating, toilet-seat arrangements, you name it) in that he just needs to stop doing it and he'll be fine/"back in the wagon" again.

Muzan is more monstrous, but when Tanjirou first encounters him, he seems perfectly capable of just playing this "upstanding citizen" persona he has as Tsukihito so that the boy would leave him and his "family" alone. Also, like Kira, he seems to have a problem in dealing with his anger.

Take those drunks he ran into. While one of them insulted and bothered him, he was still planning on just walking by until one of them triggered his sore spot namely saying he looked near death.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I doubt we're getting any kind of sob story for Muzan. We already know his backstory - a debilitating, fatal illness that, through a complete miracle of a doctor, was cured to the point of making him immortal and incredibly powerful with only one slight caveat that was, frankly, an incredibly cheap cost for what he gained in being unable to go into the sun again. And he decided that wasn't good enough. And here we are. His pettiness is incredible.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like how Muzan killed all those demon hunters without a second thought, but upon seeing Tanjiro he's just "ugh this guy again"

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like how Muzan killed all those demon hunters without a second thought, but upon seeing Tanjiro he's just "ugh this guy again"
It's kinda understandable from Muzan's perspective, though. He sees most humans as trash and Tanjirou is no different; the fact that this forehead kid keeps popping up is like "Oh my god, kid, just... can't you just go away? I'm busy looking for your sister, dude".

The one thing he's interested in that has the Kamado family name is chowing down on the poor boy's sister so that he can cannibalise her "walk in the sun" ability.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I haven't read all the material between the anime and where the manga is now yet, but if Muzan had access to a doctor during the Heian era, he was probably a bit of a fancy lad, right?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

OnimaruXLR posted:

I haven't read all the material between the anime and where the manga is now yet, but if Muzan had access to a doctor during the Heian era, he was probably a bit of a fancy lad, right?
The doctor looked like a Taoist medicine man, so Muzan was probably a man of means back in the day when he was human.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Likely. Also he was probably a Kyotoite.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

A "Muzan is a dick" point that's only clear now that we've seen what other demons do to their victims: he didn't even kill Tanjirou's family for food, he just murdered a random cottage full of children, turned one and hosed off.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Given that Muzan seems pretty deliberate about what he does I wonder if we'll get some explanation as to what he was doing on Tanjirou's mountain, or if it'll just be a "I don't even know who you are" moment.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh Snapple! posted:

I doubt we're getting any kind of sob story for Muzan. We already know his backstory - a debilitating, fatal illness that, through a complete miracle of a doctor, was cured to the point of making him immortal and incredibly powerful with only one slight caveat that was, frankly, an incredibly cheap cost for what he gained in being unable to go into the sun again. And he decided that wasn't good enough. And here we are. His pettiness is incredible.

The immortality treatment is a 2 parter.
Muzan being the lovely paranoid piece of poo poo he is killed the doctor before he could complete the second part, and before he realized the medicine was working even.

Muzan was also an Ubuyashiki, he would have presumably wanted for nothing. This is all on him.

And yeah it would be poo poo to give him a redemption scene.
Maybe a damnation scene with everyone who he turned into demons pulling him down into hell.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I predict that Muzan escapes the labyrinth after a brief fight because, much like how Kars had to get the Stone of Aja, Muzan has to get ahold of Nezuko during the grand finale.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hope Kimetsu chops off the demon's head!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
that disaster speech of muzans is giving me serious deja vu

what other anime villain said that...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

open anime

place cursor in screen

ctrl+a

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fabricated posted:

Given that Muzan seems pretty deliberate about what he does I wonder if we'll get some explanation as to what he was doing on Tanjirou's mountain, or if it'll just be a "I don't even know who you are" moment.

Probably found out they were connected to the Sun breath guy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers dropping.

Tanjirou loses an eye. Yushiro mind hacks the Biwa Woman to think the love and snake pillars are dead. He makes her teleport the two directly to Muzan, then starts to bend the infinite fortress- presumably to spit everyone out into the real world again.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers dropping.

Tanjirou loses an eye. Yushiro mind hacks the Biwa Woman to think the love and snake pillars are dead. He makes her teleport the two directly to Muzan, then starts to bend the infinite fortress- presumably to spit everyone out into the real world again.

Oh there's more than spoilers

Chapter 182

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

RatHat posted:

Oh there's more than spoilers

Chapter 182
Ah, the channers picked up doing speed scans. Cool.