Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you just really like an aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

More like oldmissless.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Getting a home for the first time revealed to me the one, true goal of Fallout 3: Filling a room with Pre-War Dollars

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

The more I read this thread the more I'm tempted to reinstall this game and mod the hell out of it. I remember the last time I played this I was running around in a suit of T-45d armor with all sorts of cool features and I topped it all off with a Confederate Hat for some yeehaw.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Could have told me to try the raider theme. All this sidestepping and spoilers is aggrivating to read.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The toy car is actually the quickest way to get around the wasteland, so it is indeed a good choice.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Is there a reason you haven't taken the ludicrously overpowered Educated perk? That's always an easy pick in Fallout 3. I'm doing a challenge LP of Fallout 4 on Survival with none of the player's usual advantages, but I'm still trying to take all the best perks.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Chamale posted:

Is there a reason you haven't taken the ludicrously overpowered Educated perk? That's always an easy pick in Fallout 3. I'm doing a challenge LP of Fallout 4 on Survival with none of the player's usual advantages, but I'm still trying to take all the best perks.

I can't speak for OFS, but it's not actually that good a perk. It's worth 78 skill points over the course of the game at the cost of a perk, of which you're limited to 30. It's not optimal, in that you can max all your stats without it (neither is comprehension), and even when not playing optimally, 10int is 600 skill points over the course of the game, which is enough to max two combat skills, lockpick, science, medicine and repair (sub the last two for more combat skills or sneak if desired), with points left over from Tagged skills and the base stats from your SPECIAL. Add in 130 more points from bobbleheads and whatever you get from skill books (up to 648 with comprehension, 319 without, without using the bugged ones that respawn), and skill points are just less valuable than a perk.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

The toy car is actually the quickest way to get around the wasteland, so it is indeed a good choice.

I’m just imagining Beth going hundreds of miles per hour while precariously balancing herself on one foot.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Toy car nuclear-rocket-skates.

thecluckmeme posted:

Getting a home for the first time revealed to me the one, true goal of Fallout 3: Filling a room with Pre-War Dollars

Is it as satisfying as filling a council chamber with watermelons?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIr9YzWCrw

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

DrKirre posted:

Isn't FO3 with survival mods one of the origins of the crazy-hard ultra realistic "use antiseptic on balls to avoid plague" survival difficulty?
hmm. Pathologic came before, though.

what's in, this season?

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary

Chamale posted:

I believe OFS mentioned in an update that he didn't take it because what PNB gains at each level due to having 10 Intelligence was enough.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I feel like if any stat was a true dump stat(for me at least), it was Explosives.
I think I only really used grenades and mines to clear up my inventory when it got cluttered, yet I couldn't stop looting them because I absolutely must shove all things into my pockets

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

You can't do the thing from FO4 where you take apart all the random crap to build laser guns, right?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Who just leaves nuclear warheads, even tiny ones, just lying around?

This is in the pharmacy, by the way.

I'll have you know that Nuclear Medicine is a well-respected field :science:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fish Noise posted:

hmm. Pathologic came before, though.

what's in, this season?

If anything the picture shows how I got increasingly tired of drawing after the third frame :v:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Still worth it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Mega64 posted:

Still worth it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Archenteron posted:

I'll have you know that Nuclear Medicine is a well-respected field :science:

Maybe you could do direct treatment of ghouls using long decay radiation sources? Pull some lightly aged 239 out, powder it up and slap it into a milkshake to kill off those nasty intestinal parasites.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

thecluckmeme posted:

My Novac motel room had a bed with a huge pile of teddy bears, a tub full of pool balls, and every other open surface covered with Dinky figures. Every time I walked around the game started chugging and there were t-rexes flying everywhere.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Dragonwagon posted:

My Novac motel room had a bed with a huge pile of teddy bears, a tub full of pool balls, and every other open surface covered with Dinky figures. Every time I walked around the game started chugging and there were t-rexes flying everywhere.

Death by physics interactions because I took one step into my home, but only after five minutes of the game attempting to load my dragon hoard, is the only honorable Bethesda death.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I feel like if any stat was a true dump stat(for me at least), it was Explosives.
I think I only really used grenades and mines to clear up my inventory when it got cluttered, yet I couldn't stop looting them because I absolutely must shove all things into my pockets

Same, but also they make pretty good vendor trash.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

With 10 perception and 6 luck, this alternate version of Post-Nuclear Beth has 26 explosives base. We can disarm the atomic bomb within seconds of entering Megaton.

Moira sells themes. Post-Nuclear Beth-Prime gets into them some.

But not the Raider theme.

House additions are expensive, especially to early-game Beth who has no total capital.

I have ways of dealing with that, though.

Immediately upon opening the door, there's indiscriminate gore on the floor, a skeleton next to the bobblehead stand, and a corpse suspended from the ceiling.

Ah just what I needed to sleep, mutilated body.

And in the side room are some more corpses next to the grenades!

I got the pre-war money reference id not just to pay for this theme, but so I could use placeatme to plop 25,000 pre war monies into the house.

The engine is not designed to handle 25,000 things physicsing at once.

Several minutes later, they're still spreading.

They're coating the floor and keep on flowing.

Dead bodies and literally too much cash, I think this is the ideal home.

It's hard to even get into the menu to quit for how hard the game lagging.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
WORTH IT.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I did that from the leave vault save because I wanted to see how much time it took to set this up.

Fifteen minutes, eight of which were just waiting on money to drop.

Just ask if I do these things, instead of puttin' up spoiler bars, it's not a lot of work.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
If I remember correctly, the Scientist theme has a Science skill book in it, if you’re looking to get all of them. But it’s been years since I touched FO3, so I’m not 100% sure off hand.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
For anyone who doesn't know it, a handy trick for quitting out of the game quickly is to just enter "qqq" into the console; it quits to desktop instantly. Works in all BGS Gamebryo games, as far as I'm aware.

Handy for - y'know - all those times you want to exit the game before your CPU melts down because you just spawned 25000 physics objects all at once.

(Really though I use it exclusively to quit these games; it's much faster than using the menu.)

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I both love and fear the implications for that house decoration theme.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shei-kun posted:

Novelty skulls, blood, chains and corpses.

This being the wasteland all of those things are in constant supply

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Antistar01 posted:

For anyone who doesn't know it, a handy trick for quitting out of the game quickly is to just enter "qqq" into the console; it quits to desktop instantly. Works in all BGS Gamebryo games, as far as I'm aware.

Handy for - y'know - all those times you want to exit the game before your CPU melts down because you just spawned 25000 physics objects all at once.

(Really though I use it exclusively to quit these games; it's much faster than using the menu.)

I mean, you could just hit alt+F4 too and that's not reliant on the console working properly, which probably makes it more reliable. Or I guess you could wait for the engine to poo poo the bed and the game to CTD too if you're not in a hurry to use your computer. Actually I think that might be the most entertaining option, if a little slow.

Strange Forest
Mar 4, 2015

Shei-kun posted:

I love how unfazed Moria is about it, only saying "Into the blood and guts look, eh?" as if you picked a slightly bold wallpaper pattern, rather than hanging a rotting corpse above your bed.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Shei-kun posted:

Strange Forest posted:

I love how unfazed Moria is about it, only saying "Into the blood and guts look, eh?" as if you picked a slightly bold wallpaper pattern, rather than hanging a rotting corpse above your bed.

The "best" part is... why does the town just have dozens of mutilated bodies on hand, and maybe even more importantly, where are they keeping them? Maybe Mr. Burke was right in wanting to detonate the bomb after all...

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

UED Special Ops posted:

The "best" part is... why does the town just have dozens of mutilated bodies on hand, and maybe even more importantly, where are they keeping them? Maybe Mr. Burke was right in wanting to detonate the bomb after all...

You really think you're the first person to try and help Moira with her book?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Everyone in the wasteland is used to random corpses. So long as they don't see you murder a guy, they'll casually step over his corpse on their way through town.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

They're vegan bodies

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I did that from the leave vault save because I wanted to see how much time it took to set this up.

Fifteen minutes, eight of which were just waiting on money to drop.

Just ask if I do these things, instead of puttin' up spoiler bars, it's not a lot of work.

The spoiler bars weren't sincere and I wasn't trying to guide the LP in any direction, sorry about that. :shobon:

But on the topic of dumb things in this game, are you going to show off how dumb the Physics-based Store location is? That's peak half-baked Bethesda IMO

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

thecluckmeme posted:

But on the topic of dumb things in this game, are you going to show off how dumb the Physics-based Store location is? That's peak half-baked Bethesda IMO

You talking about that one random grocery store that's pretty much just a Rube Goldberg machine? That place owns, actually.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

StandardVC10 posted:

You talking about that one random grocery store that's pretty much just a Rube Goldberg machine? That place owns, actually.

First time I played I just marched in and broke the machine without thinking. Went back and tried in a second play through, it's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

I have never heard of this store, but then again I played maybe a half hour of this game before becoming immensely bored and dropping it.