Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

That good poo poo.
https://twitter.com/XavierFiles/status/1188998786640760832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Well now I want a Moon Knight game in the style of Hotline Miami.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Saw this in a preview for this week's Batman Annual #4
https://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-preview-in-batman-annual-4-bruce-conquers-horses-wizards-and-dragons/

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Someone needs to edit the sword into a skateboard.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Gotham, the city in the United States of America, was around in the 1500's?

Edit: Apparently St. Augustine was founded in 1513, so its not as outlandish as I thought. I can't believe I just learned something from a comic about Batman fighting a dragon.

Crowetron fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 30, 2019

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gann Jerrod posted:

Well now I want a Moon Knight game in the style of Hotline Miami.

Oddly enough, Hotline Miami is extremely similar to a Punisher game from the 1980's.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

I didn't like the Immortal Weapons mini but it had some nice takes on that

for good

or for bad :negative:

The Dog Brother issue was great.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Random Stranger posted:

Oddly enough, Hotline Miami is extremely similar to a Punisher game from the 1980's.

Covert Action with a Marvel/Punisher twist? Hmm.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Crowetron posted:

Gotham, the city in the United States of America, was around in the 1500's?

Edit: Apparently St. Augustine was founded in 1513, so its not as outlandish as I thought. I can't believe I just learned something from a comic about Batman fighting a dragon.

And opposed by a sword-forging barbarous tribe too :shrug:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The wizard was from the 16th century, he could've cast the spell at any point in time. For all we know, it could've been two weeks earlier when the Gotham Bats lost the Superbowl to the Metropolis Birds on a landslide and he was on a hungover.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samuringa posted:

The wizard was from the 16th century, he could've cast the spell at any point in time. For all we know, it could've been two weeks earlier when the Gotham Bats lost the Superbowl to the Metropolis Birds on a landslide and he was on a hungover.

Gotham's football team is called The Knights.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Gotham was founded by the Vikings who made it to the Americas. Duh.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Ugh, guys, Joker founded Gotham because he's an immortal representation of the futility of life and the sureness of death and the absurdity of it all, remember?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Kurui Reiten posted:

Ugh, guys, Joker founded Gotham because he's an immortal representation of the futility of life and the sureness of death and the absurdity of it all, remember?

Ok, but what are the other two jokers?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The sock puppets on his hands, duh

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CzarChasm posted:

Ok, but what are the other two jokers?

Midnight tokers

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

bobkatt013 posted:

Midnight tokers

I thought one was a smoker and the other a midnight toker.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Toshimo posted:

Green Arrow/Black Canary #4

Thank you for posting this, I had this pop into my mind for some reason a few weeks ago and couldn't find a good run of the entire sequence. I've been a huge Green Arrow fan for years and this was during my comic buying hey day before I had to drop it for financial reasons..

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

OptimusShr posted:

I thought one was a smoker and the other a midnight toker.

You can also call them Maurice

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You can also call them Maurice
Only if they speak of the pompatus of love.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Really likes Batman's peaches wants to shake his tree

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
DCeased #6: Heroes are coordinating efforts to evacuate Earth to escape a zombie plague

If you're wondering why Green Arrow's pissed at Batman, it's because Bats didn't think he was a big enough threat to warrant making a contingency plan if he went rogue.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 23, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Or he believed that of everyone, Oliver was the only one he wouldn't need one for, because Oliver wouldn't go rogue. Depends on the writer, I suppose

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Or he believed that of everyone, Oliver was the only one he wouldn't need one for, because Oliver wouldn't go rogue. Depends on the writer, I suppose

Batman's already dead, so he can't really tell Oliver why. Although everyone seems to have had a strained relationship with Batman in DCeased's universe.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think we all know the real reason here.

Batman has no idea how to stop a rogue Oliver Queen.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You can always count on Ollie to shoot himself in the foot.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*hastily scrawled note on napkin*
"Smaller quivers?"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sneak into his bedroom at night and shave off his mustache, so he loses his confidence.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Infinitum posted:

*hastily scrawled note on napkin*
"Smaller quivers?"

wealth tax?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

TwoPair posted:

DCeased #6: Heroes are coordinating efforts to evacuate Earth to escape a zombie plague

If you're wondering why Green Arrow's pissed at Batman, it's because Bats didn't think he was a big enough threat to warrant making a contingency plan if he went rogue.

I love Green Arrow and this is my favorite thing ever.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Like I said, any anti-GA plan is also anti-Bats

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elfface posted:

Like I said, any anti-GA plan is also anti-Bats

Some mook completely misunderstands the nature of the Dark Knight and introduces white nose fungus to the Gotham bat population, hoping that it will spread to the Batcave, and thence to Batman himself

Because they think he's part bat

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I've always loved the idea that Batman succeeds and survives on account of most low key bad guys having some whacked out theory about him and his relation to bats.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I've always loved the idea that Batman succeeds and survives on account of most low key bad guys having some whacked out theory about him and his relation to bats.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Phy posted:

Some mook completely misunderstands the nature of the Dark Knight and introduces white nose fungus to the Gotham bat population, hoping that it will spread to the Batcave, and thence to Batman himself

Because they think he's part bat

Then all the bats in the bat cave get infected and die, and Batman gets depressed and stops being a masked vigilante and the guy has beaten Batman.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I like to believe Pete just gets bored of the regular old punch and kick and tries to have fun with things sometimes.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

I like to believe Pete just gets bored of the regular old punch and kick and tries to have fun with things sometimes.

that's literally how he explained that one. he said Sometimes I just like to let them beat themselves or something like that

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

1. Can't Kaine actually do this?
2. If there's a non-Kaine Peter Parker from the multiverse who can do this rather than websling and punch real hard, he should be called Spiders-man
3. Apparently some Spiderverse comic from earlier this year introduced a Spiders-man who is just a few thousand spiders in a Spider-man costume
4. BLEAGH

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Don't forget hot Garth Ennis villain, The Thousand. Which is literally a thousand spiders that can wear people like a skin suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Phy posted:

3. Apparently some Spiderverse comic from earlier this year introduced a Spiders-man who is just a few thousand spiders in a Spider-man costume

Good old Made of Spiders, Man.