Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I’m sorry, does this look like someone who’d lie about being friends with the president?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
Isn't mike esposito the wrong name he called his sec def by?

edit: nah, that was mark esperanto

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

if you want to learn more about this:

quote:

Since President Trump took office, the lobbyist Michael Esposito has been wildly successful, turning a family business that once focused on municipal transportation issues into one of the fastest-growing lobbying firms in Washington.

Esposito has broken into the international market, landing top-dollar Ukrainian clients last year and collecting $1.65 million from Chinese tech giant Huawei in a three-month period this year, according to lobbying records. In all, Esposito’s firm, Federal Advocates, pulled in five times as much money in 2018 as it did in the year before Trump took office, records show.

Fueling that rise, at least in part, are Esposito’s claims that he is uniquely positioned: a former Capitol Hill staffer who is close to centers of power in the Trump administration.

Esposito has “an open line of communication to the President of the United States” and is in “regular” contact with the president, Federal Advocates wrote in three contract bids reviewed by The Washington Post. The same proposals say Esposito worked with the president’s son Eric Trump and son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner on real estate deals. And the firm’s website calls Esposito “an integral part of the senior-most leadership” of the Republican National Committee.

Esposito — whose firm says it employs a half-dozen other lobbyists, some of whom have White House and congressional experience — told The Post his clients had scrutinized his record and would have detected any falsehoods. “It is preposterous to suggest that the clients we represent, including some of the largest in the world, have not done their due diligence in vetting the relationships and expertise of the entire Firm,” Esposito wrote.

Every presidency brings a fresh crop of lobbyists to the top of the Washington influence game — associates, friends and others who have the newly minted executive’s ear. The wave of ascents after Trump’s inauguration was particularly notable because the president lacked long-standing ties to the Republican political establishment. In that vacuum, people who were close to the real estate developer and reality TV star, or who claimed to be, quickly asserted themselves as power brokers.

Even so, Esposito’s rise stands out — not only because of the questions surrounding the connections he claims but because of his background: He had previously described himself as a Democratic lobbyist.

more at link...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...85dd_story.html

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

emfive posted:

When it's good it's great, but usually it's mediocre and disappointing.

are you eating it sober or something

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

*extremely flyover voice* someone needs to prosecute all these leakers

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Apraxin posted:

I’m sorry, does this look like someone who’d lie about being friends with the president?

what up with all these people who have weird heads

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

so is mr esposito about to be arrested

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

gently caress it

its true

kushner helped kill a journalist

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3q9RdU3he0

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Dolphin posted:

read the article. it says turkey intercepted the call and used it to force Trump into removing all troops from Syria

ok now this is juicy

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

so is mr esposito about to be arrested

trump was probably involved in some shady real estate scheme with eposito

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Flavius Aetass posted:

are you eating it sober or something

well generally, yes, but ... well I could go on but there is such a thing as really good cfs.

I went on a campaign to try cfs at every place I could find it in Austin, and I gave up after 7 or 8 places because they were all not good.

Of course that's Austin, which is a dumb baby city.

Apr 7, 2003

The Alpha Centauri posted:

gently caress it

its true

kushner helped kill a journalist

The idiotic failson who can't run a real estate business ended up accidentally holding a nepotistic office wherein his desire for friends caused a dude to get murdered. lol.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:unsmith:

simpler times

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I've always wondered what that dork "candidate" mcmuffin guy would have looked like with lots of hair

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

emfive posted:

well generally, yes, but ... well I could go on but there is such a thing as really good cfs.

I went on a campaign to try cfs at every place I could find it in Austin, and I gave up after 7 or 8 places because they were all not good.

if you want the best you gotta go to some insanely racist oklahoma town with 40 people in it named something like Shelma

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
es po sito

I don't know a man named mike esposito
try to outlaw piss and I will-a veto

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Gripweed posted:

That dude went to jail for raping a guy

he was convicted of handcuffing a dude and then beating him with a chain, not rape, which is why he only spent 4 months in prison

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
what transcripts from the hearings last week are getting released today?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

emfive posted:

you're supposed to eat it at the kettle at 2:30 am

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/TheFlatEartherr/status/1191361506526535684?s=19

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

he was convicted of handcuffing a dude and then beating him with a chain, not rape, which is why he only spent 4 months in prison

boy joe

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Apraxin posted:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Filthy Hans posted:

the boy george defender has logged on

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wut

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I knew a couple who lived in the 'burbs here and moved to *drumroll* Weirton, WV so they could build a bigger house.

So you leave work and drive home and you're in *drumroll* Weirton WV, the gently caress do you do at night?

Hahahahahaha holy poo poo. People are making the choice to move to Weirton in 2019?

So I guess they're up in Marland Heights. There's... a weird convenience store that I think still rents VHS and some old boomer started an ice cream shop but that was 6 years ago and he has probably died by now. The few people I knew still living in Weirton had to move away for their mental health.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol kushner green lighted a murder and everyone still thinks he's a feminine little fancy boy

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

secretary of cermet

Apr 7, 2003

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hahahahahaha holy poo poo. People are making the choice to move to Weirton in 2019?

So I guess they're up in Marland Heights. There's... a weird convenience store that I think still rents VHS and some old boomer started an ice cream shop but that was 6 years ago and he has probably died by now. The few people I knew still living in Weirton had to move away for their mental health.

My favorite part about Weirton is the weird house that's in the way when you drive through on whatever the main US route is. Just a weird house in the way that you have to drive around.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

if you want the best you gotta go to some insanely racist oklahoma town with 40 people in it named something like Shelma

there was a typical goofy Dallas "theme" place back in the 80s on upper Greenville that mostly sucked but the cfs was fantastic.

this sounds stupid but I'm often really jealous of my kids in school in Dallas but then if I did live there I'd weigh 400 pounds within a year

Apr 7, 2003

It may not be there anymore, I haven't been in Weirton since 2002 because why

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fingers crossed for number

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

polls in 2019 showing donald j trump leading anyone in battleground states lol

CRACK!

PING!

lol if any of em have anyone younger than Joe Biden saying they're voting for Joe Biden

Apr 7, 2003

There's a special effects studio up the street that has a cat with an open window and if you stop and pay your respects he'll come out and let you pet him. Good little sassy tuxedo cat.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lo que pasó, pasó

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cumshitter posted:

lol kushner green lighted a murder and everyone still thinks he's a feminine little fancy boy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/_TheBestDogs/status/1191322981181603840?s=19

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
¿por qué hablar de la falta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

if you think californians moving to texas is funny imagine all the ohioans too chuddy for ohio trying to move to redder pastures and not being able to afford florida they move to sc