Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Dang now I really want regular Meltzer movie reviews through the lens of judging wrestling

Bryan: Welcome back, our next review is The Neverending Story...

Meltzer: No, it isn't.

Bryan: What?

Meltzer: It doesn't.

Bryan: What are you talking about?

Meltzer: The story. It ends. The credits roll. It's not a Neverending Story.

[Bonus Joke: This Story Cannot Be Stopped for Any Reason]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bryan: Okay so, it stars this guy called "Neo" and, spoiler alert, it turns out he's living in a worked reality.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

Bryan: Okay so, it stars this guy called "Neo" and, spoiler alert, it turns out he's living in a worked reality.

congratulations on coming up with the comedy beyond "worked hand-off"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
B: So Dave, we both saw Airplane! on DVD, tell us what you think!

D: I mean... It was clearly shot on a set...

B: It's a movie, Dave. Of course it was sho-

D: Yeah, but y'know, it's like... I mean, you got frickin' Kareem Abdul Jabbar as the pilot, I mean come on... How are we supposed to... It's just like, whatever... It is what it is, I guess.

B: Well, I liked it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
B: OK, let me stop you right there?

D: What?

B: This guy. Edward Norton...this whole movie he's been crazy and walking around talking to himself?

D: Yeah.

B: And we're suppose to believe that nobody called him on this? He's organized a FIGHT. CLUB. Where every week he shows up and talks to himself, rambles off a bunch of crazy poo poo, in front of a room full of people and nobody calls him out for being a lunatic?

D: What can I say, it happens every week in the WWE writers room....and they go until 2am too!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I can't put into words how much I love the last two pages.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

There was some great comedy when he and vinny were reviewing his daughters Mickey mouse cartoon

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
B: So this Tai guy, this tiger has torn through all the other baby faces, just destroyed them and then...

D: Snow Leopard

B: What?

D: He’s a snow leopard, not a tiger.

B: Whatever. So he’s torn through all the other baby faces and this job guy Po starts kicking his rear end because he can imagine food? I was baffled!

D: Total comedy match, but it’s y’know, popular with the kids, gets a good reaction.

B: And then. AND THEN! He beats him with a submission FROM NOWHERE. We’ve never heard of this submission before and suddenly its his move.

D: Wuxi Finger Hold, they showed it earlier in the movie, first used by Oogway as his finish, so it was passed down.

B: Seriously?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don’t know much about Dave Meltzer but he really does sound like he’s constantly interrupting himself.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

takes a steamroller to stop a steamroller

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

""In Midsommar during the final scene (with Dani), everyone was supposed to act scared and somber, but you could see everyone biting their tongue because Jack Reynor's hair was set on fire by the pyro coming out" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: April 17, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Dang now I really want regular Meltzer movie reviews through the lens of judging wrestling

I wanna know his thoughts on the Super Mario Bros Movie.

E: also Dave Meltzer's brain is fried from years of WWE booking and other carnie madness.

coconono fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 4, 2019

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dave watch dbz

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Dave does have some taste, being that he basically demanded that Bryan watch Slap Shot once.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Incessant Excess posted:

Neo vs Agent Smith in the subway station has better match psychology than most WWE matches.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah right up to the point where Neo just slows the match down and starts no-selling everything.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

njsykora posted:

Yeah right up to the point where Neo just slows the match down and starts no-selling everything.

Are you kidding me?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Did we really need a chinlock in a five minute match?

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

njsykora posted:

He's watched too much PWG and DDT

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Incessant Excess posted:

Did we really need a chinlock in a five minute match?

And a double KO spot?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So the top heel, he basically unmasks, except y'know, he doesn't actually take off the mask, but anyway, he acknowledges that he's been working that territory for a long time and that his gimmick USED to be Anakin Skywalker, and he tells the top babyface to join his stable or, um, or else, I guess. And then he squashes the kid!

So Bruce Willis has, y'know, he's got this gun, A GUN, gimmicked to the back of his head, and we can see it but the heel can't, so he starts doing this worked laugh, then he takes the thing out and it's like, WHERE'S THE REF???

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
DAVE: It wasn’t a BAD movie, it’s just one of those things where, y’know, if you go into it knowing about the sled or whatever it’s just not that much of a. . .y’know? And, and! How the hell do they know what his last word was if no one was in the frickin room with him?!?! I dunno it was weird but everybody worked really hard, there were some creative spots for the time, and I get why a lot of people liked it.

BRYAN: Filthy Tom loved it.

DAVE: Of course he did.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I feel like the two them watching a heist movie would be the best. Talking of working people all over the place.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Dave: It wasn’t I wha it was okay look it

okay it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Dave: It wasn’t I wha it was okay look it

okay it
honestly when you listen to him for like 4-5 hours a week you just filter it out after a while

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

*Dave reading the last page of this thread* "I didn't say any of this."

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
So now that he's inflicted a critical back injury on this guy Tim Allen has to take on the Santa gimmick. He starts gaining weight on the road. Can't shave his beard. Gets in trouble with the law and the fuckin elves pull a run in with his kid and the stepdad has a face turn. They hosed it up big time later on in the promotion though.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The Meltzer movie review ratings are out:

Magnificent Seven: **** 1/2
Seven Samurai: *****

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The Meltzer movie review ratings are out:

Magnificent Seven: **** 1/2
Seven Samurai: *****

:golfclap:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

man Sports Byline Radio has the weirdest fringelord ads. Government's secret war against cash, secret stock trading tips and loan sharks(that swear they aren't loansharks).

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

coconono posted:

man Sports Byline Radio has the weirdest fringelord ads. Government's secret war against cash, secret stock trading tips and loan sharks(that swear they aren't loansharks).

also weed related investments

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
F O R T H E G O V E R N M E N T

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
B: okay, they set up this guy Sugar as—

D: it’s Chigurh.

B: it sounds like Sugar.

D: it’s Chigurh. I called and asked.

B: FINE. They set up this Chigurh guy as the ultimate badass, and—

D: they say that in the movie but his real gimmick is that he doesn’t have a sense of humor.

B: right! And he is just no-selling everything in this movie. Hitmen shoot at him, nothing. Moss gets him in the leg, nothing. Does surgery! On HIMSELF! Nothing! Finally—FINALLY he must meet Moss, right? There must be some shine for Moss, right? But no—Moss is killed. How? BY COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CITY! Are you kidding me?

D: it’s what creative wanted.

B: and then! Then! How does Chigurh get his comeuppance? Who gets him? Is it Sheriff Bell? NO! He retires! Who gets Chigurh? NOBODY.

D: well, a car gets him.

B: (quietly) this motherfucker gets hit by a car. And he Walks. Away.

D: he no-sells the car, yeah.

B: He no-sells a CAR! Why am I watching this?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Read the book, Bryan.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
While you small brains are making jokes, us large genius brains are laughing about the audio issues on the new Adam & Mike along with the discussion about imaginary Tanahashi haters.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I figured the people with the large brains didn't listen to Adam and Mike.

E: Bryan really going off about people complaining about Sans Omega in AEW on Observer Live.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 4, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
someone start a pool so that we can pay for a "bryan and dave go to the movies" podcast

or get them on best of the worst for a game of plinketto

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

njsykora posted:

E: Bryan really going off about people complaining about Sans Omega in AEW on Observer Live.

Ooh, gimme deets. :allears:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

honestly when you listen to him for like 4-5 hours a week you just filter it out after a while

It's also easier when you live that verbiage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Ooh, gimme deets. :allears:

The gist of it was basically "It was halloween you joyless fucks", and if something this minor really bothered you enough to stop watching you probably weren't that invested in the first place.