Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

I played quite a bit, but drifted away to other games, so I wasn't paying attention at the time of the shutdown. Was catching up on another thread and saw these posts...

Zaodai posted:

Unless they go the Marvel Heroes route and decide to put a pedophile in place as CEO, which didn't turn out to be a great move to keep the license.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I'm loving STILL salty they hired a pervert and got that license pulled, that game was so fun

WTF? Anyone have any links to good reads about the final days of Marvel Heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Hey guys, I just heard riot may be doing marvel heroes, but with league of legends characters. League doesn't have an in game clock, so I am really hopeful they are going to nail the same essential qualities. Hopefully we can get leo to relentlessly tweet racon stuff at the dev team too.

Fake edit https://www.pcgamer.com/riot-games-is-also-working-on-what-looks-like-a-diablo-style-action-rpg/

Erdricks fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 16, 2019

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If it's what they were showing intermittent early build footage of during last night's stream but the game they didn't give a segment to alongside their terrible Overwatch clone and the card game and the mobile version of TFT and League proper, then I wouldn't get your hopes up. It looked like it controlled like complete rear end. Yes, I realize this is the Marvel Heroes thread so we're used to some jank but :staredog:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Erdricks posted:

Hey guys, I just heard riot may be doing marvel heroes, but with league of legends characters. League doesn't have an in game clock, so I am really hopeful they are going to nail the same essential qualities. Hopefully we can get leo to relentlessly tweet racon stuff at the dev team too.

Fake edit https://www.pcgamer.com/riot-games-is-also-working-on-what-looks-like-a-diablo-style-action-rpg/

I wouldn't touch anything by those devs with a ten foot pole.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

they murdered the goofy dog mecha fighting game and i will never forgive them

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Guys I dreamt I was playing marvel heroes last night

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zaodai posted:

Yes, I realize this is the Marvel Heroes thread so we're used to some jank but :staredog:

Having the Marvel characters went a long way in terms of me being willing to overlook some jank. When it's just some MOBA dudes the mediocrity really stands out.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah if it’s not marvel I really can’t care.

I believe the expression goes: I could care less.

Thank u

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Being able to care less means you haven't run out of fucks to give yet and are still interested.

"Dog mecha fighting game"? If that's Rising Thunder, then it's just being reworked as the LoL fighter, among the 50 games/properties Riot announced today.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe Kamala is getting her own game. Let the record show you should never apologize for anything.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Andrigaar posted:

Being able to care less means you haven't run out of fucks to give yet and are still interested.

Do "head over heels" next!

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I just had a recurrence of yellow thumb playing too much MK11.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
This week's Diablo Immortal trailer and blog post made me miss MMO ARPGs.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This week's Diablo Immortal trailer and blog post made me miss MMO ARPGs.

There's Diablo 4 pre-alpha demo footage out from blizzcon if that's your jam. It's shared world now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Zaodai posted:

There's Diablo 4 pre-alpha demo footage out from blizzcon if that's your jam. It's shared world now.

And they are adding mounts to this one. Can't wait to drive my demon hunter around in her punisher van.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I saw that and it looked absolutely awful visually. It was so off putting I will likely skip it completely if it releases looking like that.

Shame because after Marvel Heroes died I felt like D3 was the absolute super bestest ARPG.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

bagrada posted:

And they are adding mounts to this one. Can't wait to drive my demon hunter around in her punisher van.

You'll never drive this diablo van, how many times do we have to teach you this lesson OLD SHITLORD?!:argh:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The only thing mounts mean is that they made a big empty gameworld that isn't filled with things you want to be hitting and looting.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Remember how much garbage loot you had to vacuum up and sort through in this game? And all of the million in game currencies? Game kinda sucked, especially towards the end.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

It was Path of Exile without the loot filters.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

No the game was good I remember it very clearly

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i stopped doing CMM cos i couldnt face the 50 green and white teamup gears that dropped every time a boss died

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

punchymcpunch posted:

i stopped doing CMM cos i couldnt face the 50 green and white teamup gears that dropped every time a boss died

Be honest punchy, you couldn't get into CMM because the attunement fight was impossible for anyone to beat ever. :colbert:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Remember Starktech Cubes that they added to the game for all of like sixteen days before abandoning the system complete?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Remember them adding a dozen prestige trees and only four of them were actually in and clickable?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Remember them adding a dozen prestige trees and only four of them were actually in and clickable?
We will never know what exciting and unique game mechanics were locked behind those unexplored Omega categories.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Strange Matter posted:

We will never know what exciting and unique game mechanics were locked behind those unexplored Omega categories.
Max out the What If? category to drive the van.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfqqIGtyfMk

never forget

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I saw that and it looked absolutely awful visually. It was so off putting I will likely skip it completely if it releases looking like that.

Shame because after Marvel Heroes died I felt like D3 was the absolute super bestest ARPG.

Lol

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

The game was quirky and unfocused and stupid and I miss it dearly.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
it was dumb and the very definition of jank but so am i and i really miss it

i miss the dumb quips but i don’t miss managing 8 billion dumbass event currencies

i remember when they hosed all the characters and i logged into my fav, only to notice that the travel powers were rear end, and just going “”i’m sure they’ll fix this, i’ll be back in a month, i assume there will be some event to plug with some movie and they’ll make movement good again”

and then the game shut down 2 months before they said it would

:(

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Dumbass quips and corny brooding and I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION this game ruled :allears:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tonguegate

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I've forgotten so much about this game but silver surfer shouting "I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION" while idly vaporizing everything around him is one of those things I'll be trying to explain to my grandkids in 50 years that will lead directly to them assuming I have alzheimers

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

I've forgotten so much about this game but silver surfer shouting "I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION" while idly vaporizing everything around him is one of those things I'll be trying to explain to my grandkids in 50 years that will lead directly to them assuming I have alzheimers

nah in 50 years we'll all be dead and our grandkids will be roaming the radioactive wastes spraying themselves entirely silver while they run over everything looking for the last GoK on earth

THEY WILL SURF ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I've also forgotten tons of things, but not that peanuts are actually legumes.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Emma's turbo bitch "Susan, you look fantastic... for a mother of two" line will be my rosebud.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Juggernaut's not on a roll anymore, and neither is his stepbrother Chuck.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Good for Chuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Hey, Frank, how's the family?