Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
This poll is closed.
Yuko 12 66.67%
Momo 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

New chapter
https://mangadex.org/chapter/737813/1

Last chapter was such a tease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Shamiko a mood

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I know Evil-Momo was supposed to have a bat-wing-on-a-peach hairclip, but I couldn't help but see it as a christmas pudding with a sprig of holly.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Shamiko needs to believe in the Momo who believes in her, then she will truly become a Shadow Mistress everyone can believe in.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I want to get into this series since it seems cute and gay, what subs did you all use?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The anime has an official translation on VRV and Hidive.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

I want to get into this series since it seems cute and gay, what subs did you all use?

i watched on a pirate site that im pretty sure just used the hidive/vrv subs lol. i got vrv now and its cool, so id recommend the trial or w/e for that if you wanna watch it.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Oh, and once youre done read the manga. the anime ends right before some really good stuff

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

skaianDestiny posted:

The fansubs by Mad le Zisell take the official subs and add massive improvements to the text formatting.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

I AM THE MOON posted:

Oh, and once youre done read the manga. the anime ends right before some really good stuff

Please support the official release for this reason. It'd be great if the anime continued.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Please support the official release for this reason. It'd be great if the anime continued.

yeah. s2 would be incredible

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
never change shamiko

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Tummy touching is peak Machikado Mazoku.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Shamiko having to feed her was a nice touch.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-11-28/the-demon-girl-next-door-manga-goes-on-2-month-hiatus-due-to-author-health/.153761

oof

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Ganbare, Ms. Ito. :(

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Agronox posted:

Ganbare, Ms. Ito. :(

visit a doctor and become a healthy demon!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hope she recovers well. Hopefully the manga only being delayed and not cancelled is a good sign.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'd just like to note that when I watched this show, I've enjoyed it consistently and constantly. A lot of recommended shows I end up watching out of a sense of obligation or to get to the "good part" of the episode, whatever that is. This is just cute and funny all around, never wasting your time or dragging extremely obvious gags out.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Xander77 posted:

I'd just like to note that when I watched this show, I've enjoyed it consistently and constantly. A lot of recommended shows I end up watching out of a sense of obligation or to get to the "good part" of the episode, whatever that is. This is just cute and funny all around, never wasting your time or dragging extremely obvious gags out.

It's pretty delightful. Check out the manga if you want to see what happens next--it is also very good.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Anri-chan origins

You're not wrong Shamiko!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that monster just destroyed the most important school club ever conceived.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Agronox posted:

It's pretty delightful. Check out the manga if you want to see what happens next--it is also very good.
Eh. Someone on the first page of this thread went "the jokes land way better in the manga" and I was utterly flabbergasted.

Just like Nichijou, none of the humor works on the page (for me, that is) as opposed to animation.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that monster just destroyed the most important school club ever conceived.

It wouldn't surprise me if two volumes from now the unattended cats become some kind of threat.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Xander77 posted:

Eh. Someone on the first page of this thread went "the jokes land way better in the manga" and I was utterly flabbergasted.

Just like Nichijou, none of the humor works on the page (for me, that is) as opposed to animation.

Huh. Well, everyone likes things their own way, I suppose. I quite liked the anime but the manga is becoming one of my favorites with every new chapter, though that's more because of the plotting than the jokes.

Shamiko is actually kinda developing into a shonen protagonist and it looks like the current arc is going to culminate in a climactic girls' slumber party demon battle.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
New chapter:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/771650/1

Ganbare Shamiko. Become a great organizer demon!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Shamiko is powerful at helping her friends. Her dark army will grow, and soon the whole world will be befriended.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
How far along are the raws at this point?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Nate RFB posted:

How far along are the raws at this point?

Raws go up to chapter 68. You can read non-typeset translations up to chapter 56 if you don't mind dumpster diving through 4chan.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Shamiko's tummy lust can not be controlled

Also her lust for devil Momo with a katana

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
https://twitter.com/machikado_staff/status/1206186137888247808

https://twitter.com/izumo_ito/status/1208191990451433472

Machikado Mazoku won the Niconico prize in the Net Trend 100 contest with the meme phrase "Shamiko ga waruin da yo" (This is your fault, Shamiko). This line is never actually said by anyone in the manga or show.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Agronox posted:

New chapter:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/771650/1

Ganbare Shamiko. Become a great organizer demon!

I would not mind getting in dream counseling

Thinking about it shamiko could be extremely powerful psychologist/councilor

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only thing shamiko ever did wrong was forgetting ancestor from time to time. and honestly, ancestor kind of deserved it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
She needs to stop calling Momo her enemy/nemesis/etc.!

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Shamiko has grown so much. I’m proud of her.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I like that they've actually took Mikan's curse which felt like just a 4koma joke and are dealing with it in the manga. This is such an ambitious story and it's amazing

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Daxing Dan posted:

https://twitter.com/machikado_staff/status/1206186137888247808

https://twitter.com/izumo_ito/status/1208191990451433472

Machikado Mazoku won the Niconico prize in the Net Trend 100 contest with the meme phrase "Shamiko ga waruin da yo" (This is your fault, Shamiko). This line is never actually said by anyone in the manga or show.

winning a catchphrase contest with a phrase no one ever says lmao

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
"play it again shamiko"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Beam me up Mikan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012