Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CodfishCartographer posted:

Whenever Oden's not on screen, everyone should be asking "Where's Oden?"

At least he has access to a time machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sub Harrison posted:

This is going to be the most interesting flashback imo cause we'll finally meet Roger for more than 1 panel.

Didn't Garp's and Whitebeard's flashbacks during the war give us Roger having a real conversation?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It did, yeah. The last one had Roger being a giant doofus though, so this should be where we see the real, unfiltered Roger, not depicted as a legendary hero.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Andrew_1985 posted:

I honestly can appreciate the work that’s gone into the flashback. But it’s not particularly interesting to me, I just want more current Wano story instead.

I’m usually like this for backstory but this is the rare one I’m really into, along with Laws and Fisher Tiger’s (I guess most of them post-time skip). We know so many of the characters we will see and have for years at this point, and we’ve been building up to Wano for hundreds of chapters, so I’m really invested in this one.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Tsuru and Kinemon are obvious, and Denjiro is clearly going to be important to the main storyline so this is all going to be essential to the core Wano story.

But even if it wasn't, OP Flashbacks rule.

Oden is so cool that every dude being unable to stop themselves from trying to go with him tilted an entire city and if you can't appreciate that how did you get this far?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Begemot posted:

I have a hunch that Yasuie is the Ieyasu of Wano :v:

...who's he again? I can't keep track at all.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm predicting Orochi is the one responsible for selling out Wano to Kaidou in exchange for being made Shogun, curious as to how that turned out in the flashback.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ghost Leviathan posted:

...who's he again? I can't keep track at all.

The former shogun who was pretending to be a poor thief, he was executed by Orochi in a pretty dramatic fashion.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Begemot posted:

The former shogun who was pretending to be a poor thief, he was executed by Orochi in a pretty dramatic fashion.

Not shogun, he was just one of the daimyo.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

autumnal oddium posted:

the baby boar did grow up. and his name was. oars iii

(B) Oars III

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think we can and frankly should assume that male mountain gods become oni trolls. oars -> mountain god mom -> little oars jr, but also he's called oars III hmmm (second mountain god oni, third mountain god)

and then ace makes a wano hat for him and he loves it just like the ones he used to wear before he left wano

open and shut case

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlH1YhJk-oQ

:vince:

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
insanely good

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

This is extremely good. I've liked the snippets we've seen of this setting in the past and I'm happy to finally get such a long video of it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Just give us the full spinoff already, geez. It's clear someone wants it done and hell, so do I.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The madmen did it. They did not one, not two, but three ramen commercials centering around a One Piece high school AU, one of which is a literal Anime Music Video.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

that owned, I like how they clearly struggled with how to adapt Robin. "She's....lonely? Going to another school??"

I also like the segment that's just "hey here's all these OTHER characters in the AU"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Robin is obviously a teacher and when can Jinbe be in the High School AU?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wise janitor Jinbe

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Football Mascot Jinbe

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

goddamn :tviv:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Jinbe's that one teacher that appears in the directory but nobody can remember ever seeing them teach a class.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jinbei is the gym teacher who always believes in you

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

The next time Jinbe shows up it'll be as a background character during the final party. He'll have no lines.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Jinbe is gonna show up riding Laboon into battle.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
At this point I'm expecting a full out Hungry Days anime.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Robin's train ticket having 398 (the "I wanna live!!" chapter) on it is so loving good... These people love One Piece!!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

At this point I'm expecting a full out Hungry Days anime.

This is what I want but I dare not hope.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I'm tearing up at that video, it's so good. I think my favourite blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment was Zoro with three pencils.

Though yeah, no Jinbei is a crime.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

Jinbe is in the zoro hungry days commercial at the very least

AfroGunsou fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 4, 2019

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Coach Jinbe went to argue to big principal on behalf of the students and got fired

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
That short is amazing though and if you pause each scene there's plenty to dissect. They really went all in on details

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

That's awesome. I didn't expect a goddamn Cup Noodles ad campaign to turn out something this good.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

That short is amazing though and if you pause each scene there's plenty to dissect. They really went all in on details

They really did. Lots of freeze-frame stuff hidden throughout.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Come to think of it, it’s weird that the WG didn’t ask Buggy to tell them everything he knew about One Piece and Laugh Tale when he became a Warlord. Or maybe they did ask and he either had no useful information or lied.

I always assumed Buggy was stuck inside the ship doing manual labor so he could never actually partake in the adventures, or just didn't want to.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

At 4:43 there is a silhouette of Oden along with the adaptation of Rodger's crew, and among them a dog and a cat. They were very detailed with adapting references in the commercial.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

I'm pretty sure that's not how kendo works, Zoro.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Robin's not a teacher, she's a transfer student. All of the Straw Hats are 17 except for Brooke who's 18.

Speaking of which, if it wasn't obvious from the imagery, a notice of the dissolution of the Orchestra Club flies by for his segment. I drat near cried.

Echoing all of the sentiment that this is such a work of love. I feel like the artists who got this project freaked the gently caress out at the thought of getting paid to create a beautiful One Piece high school AU that they completely forgot it was supposed to sell Noodles.

I also have no doubt that they put these character designs on noodle cups and they are indeed selling truckloads of them over there.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

in zoro's commercial there's wimpy coby and big alvida and then in nami's commercial it's current coby and hot alvida :kiss:

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

just noticed in the full MV it contains the scene from the zoro commercial that has jinbe in it but cuts away from it as soon as he would be showing up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
jinbe is dead