Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Laziji and Lotus Root Stir Fry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Made sopes.

Fried in avocado oil.
Refried beans.
Pork loin with guajillo, pasilla, cascabel, arbol, garlic, thyme, oregano, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, and bay leaf.

ogarza fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 21, 2019

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Professor Wayne posted:

Laziji and Lotus Root Stir Fry

Holy moly, how hot are those chilies? I looooove heat and that looks like it'd kick (and later, quite affect) my rear end. Looks tasty! Painful, but tasty!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Eat This Glob posted:

Holy moly, how hot are those chilies? I looooove heat and that looks like it'd kick (and later, quite affect) my rear end. Looks tasty! Painful, but tasty!

That's like, a fifth the normal amount of chilis for laziji too. Most people don't eat the peppers, I always got weird looks for eating some. They're not super hot.

E: A laziji in Chengdu.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 22, 2019

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Grand Fromage posted:

That's like, a fifth the normal amount of chilis for laziji too. Most people don't eat the peppers, I always got weird looks for eating some. They're not super hot.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Grand Fromage posted:

I see nothing BUT peppers though!

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Framboise posted:

Now we're talkin

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

lol I suppose I should have googled the dish before commenting. A Sichuan dish is literally "spicy chicken" there'd be a shitload of dried Sichuan chilis would be involved. I dont live in a part of the us where proper sichuan food is easily available (at least to my knowledge, but if someone has a recommendation in boston, lemme know! I can get to Boston easy enough and should go there more, especially for dinner!) Looks delicious!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Eat This Glob posted:

lol I suppose I should have googled the dish before commenting. A Sichuan dish is literally "spicy chicken" there'd be a shitload of dried Sichuan chilis would be involved. I dont live in a part of the us where proper sichuan food is easily available (at least to my knowledge, but if someone has a recommendation in boston, lemme know! I can get to Boston easy enough and should go there more, especially for dinner!) Looks delicious!

Sichuan Gourmet on route 9 in Framingham is our usual go-to, if you really are in the greater boston area (well, metro west).

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

silvergoose posted:

Sichuan Gourmet on route 9 in Framingham is our usual go-to, if you really are in the greater boston area (well, metro west).

Yeah, I'm 60ish miles from Logan based on my last flight from there. I havent been out in the city since I moved back to the region last fall (I'm a native of the northern 'burbs, so I'm familiar with the region). After my parents divorced, my dad lived in Harvard (town, not school) so I know Framingham and the metro west pretty well! I stop by Hudson/Marlborough fairly often, so I'll give Sichuan Gormet a try for sure!

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Seared scallops with chili oil and charred & sauteed chard, leek and spinach. Not bad, definitely went overboard on the chili oil.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Framboise posted:

A proper laziji is a heaping platter of dried peppers with a few bits of chicken in it somewhere.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, I'm not complaining. Looks delicious.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Laziji is beer food. Picking out morsels of chicken, peanuts and the occasional garlic sliver. The chiles perfume the rest of the dish.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
In all fairness, I did wimp out and only eat 2-3 chilis per meal. But I made sure I ate all the sichuan peppercorns, the real stars of the show.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Professor Wayne posted:

In all fairness, I did wimp out and only eat 2-3 chilis per meal. But I made sure I ate all the sichuan peppercorns, the real stars of the show.

If you like those, you might like a pepper mix I do for daily use where it's a mix of 1:4 toasted sichuan peppercorn to 3:4 black peppercorn. I throw it all in a pestle after I toast the sichuan peppercorn and get it down quite fine before putting it in a jar. I use it on a ton of stuff and it works well, not too overpowering.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I made a thing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

toplitzin posted:

I made a thing.

It looks a bit surprised

(Also delicious)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

toplitzin posted:

I made a thing.

Nomnomnomnom me broccoli monster and me looooove broccoli

Broccoli start with B

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Professor Wayne posted:

Do you have a go-to recipe for this? I would really like to be able to make good Pad Thai. The Thai place down the road from me just closed, and I need my fix.

“Sauce:
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1.5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon minced garlic
A few good shakes of chili powder.

Pre warm rice noodles in warm/hot water for a few minutes until they’re mostly cooked. Strain.

In wok sauté shrimp (or tofu, or chicken) with a little oil until par cooked. Add pre-warmed rice noodles and mix together. Push to side and drop in two eggs to briefly scramble and then stir up and mix into noodles and shrimp. Pour in the sauce. Add shaved carrot, mung bean sprouts, chopped scallions. Stir all together.

Serve and garnish with crushed peanuts (preferably toasted), chopped cilantro and lime wedges “

This is my standard recipe. It’s a good jumping off point. After making it over and over I’ve kind of switched around the order that I add things to the wok. But that really depends on the way you like to stir fry things... the kind of wok you have, how much oil you like to use, temp, etc.

Like now I usually cook the eggs first and take them out and add them back towards the end. They were getting too mashed up with all the stirring and tossing.

Sauce recipe is still the same because I think it’s pretty excellent.

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 26, 2019

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
First try at pizza going by SE's recipe, the crust was a little hard on the edges (still delicious).

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Made a sandwich, I got the recipe from the good eats sandwich episode, I really like this sandwich.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Made a sandwich, I got the recipe from the good eats sandwich episode, I really like this sandwich.

This looks very nice, is that the pan bagnat here: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pan-bagnat-recipe-1943313

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
The incredibly annoying food network site redirects me to somewhere else but yeah I am 99.9% sure that's the one.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I made breakfast.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Breakfast? How waffle.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
salmon en papillote

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

toplitzin posted:

salmon en papillote

Oh, y'all eat yours without the shell, huh?

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Whole Foods had lobster tails on sale.

Made sous-vide lobster-roll-style wraps. https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/05/how-to-make-sous-vide-lobster-rolls.html

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Braised short ribs

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I had a busy weekend.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

charliebravo77 posted:

Seared scallops with chili oil and charred & sauteed chard, leek and spinach. Not bad, definitely went overboard on the chili oil.

No one said anything about this. Looks incredible!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I intended to make shepherds pie but had too much stuff to fit in the roasting dish so cooked the mash separately

so i roasted a whole load of potatoes with 2 heads of garlic. melted a ton of butter with 300ml single cream and used a potato ricer on the potato innards + garlic before mixing with the cream + butter mixture
added more butter + a bunch of milk beacuse there wasn't enough cream to get to the desired consistency
added tons of chopped chives then transferred to this bowl before topping with mozzarella, cheddar and parmigiano reggiano and roasting until like this

i roasted the leftover potato skins until crispy to go with

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

angor posted:

No one said anything about this. Looks incredible!

Thanks! The leftovers were even better.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Leftover scallops? That's a goddamn travesty!

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
I made fancy dinner.

Had leftover Blood Cake. So I braised some Trotters and Pig Tails with masses of vegetables. Picked the meat and added it to the Blood Cake with some Apple and made a Bon Bon. It's resting on Rutabaga Puree which was sweetened with Maple and made great with Butter. I took the Trotter Stock and used it to braise Pork Cheeks and Shallots. The Pork Cheek is sitting on a Bubble and Squeak (Baked Potato and crisped Kale with Roast Celeriac). Between the two are Fava Beans, Pea Shoots and Pork Crackling. All scattered with Chervil and a some of the well reduced Trotter Stock with more waiting to be poured over.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Publix has some delicious Argentinian red shrimp on sale so I had to make some alfredo

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

No pictures, but I've been making fresh pasta for regular nights the past couple of weeks. Usually I reserve it for company or lasagna or something that warrants the effort, but have been just enjoying it normally. Playing with some different flour combinations and other flavor additions. Last night I took some granulated black garlic to the dough and it had this wonderful smell to it that my entire apartment still reeks of this morning, along with some nice black specks/streaks throughout. Definitely going to try that again, though with a much higher garlic content. Not sure what sauce would best compliment though? I basically did it with caci e pepe last night and it was fine.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
My friend gave me a big pile of hot peppers. Figured I’d roast them and see how they turned out.

I’ve been putting them on EVERYTHING. Was wondering how long they’d stay preserved with just a little olive oil and salt. But at the rate I’m eating them they won’t last a week.

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I made paprikash.