Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there is a complete blackout of the trump administration harassing and jailing max blumenthal in the mainstream press based on a cursory google news search

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
presumably, nobody in the normal press likes Blumenthal or considers him a journalist like themselves, and thus would not write about him. :rip:

So to understand the Morales thing, he did win the election but is term-limited? that’s unusual

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

"are we the baddies", but it's two liberals looking around and eyeing donald trump, john bolton, elliot abrams, and the persecution and intimidation of a journalist and concluding nahhhh

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They can do anything they want to max since the people that hate him the most are libs and other jiurnalists

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When that was first posted a bunch of serious posters said they hoped he’d die in jail for helping Assad cover up his crimes

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Reality Sinner posted:

What a worthless organization

Spoiler: every organization claiming to be about free speech is actually about crushing the left

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

When that was first posted a bunch of serious posters said they hoped he’d die in jail for helping Assad cover up his crimes

Max quit a job a few years ago hoping that Shamine Narwani would die in jail for helping Assad cover up his crimes. So those posters are in good company.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the max blumenthal thing is so loving outrageous, gently caress this country

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

listing him as "armed & dangerous" really was an attempt on his life

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
good interview

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
On his Jimmy Dore interview, he seems to simultaneously exaggerate and gloss over his arrest.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

comedyblissoption posted:

there is a complete blackout of the trump administration harassing and jailing max blumenthal in the mainstream press based on a cursory google news search

Its amazing that despite how much hatred and vitriol Trump hurls at the press that they think that they are somehow safe and immune and still don't think they will be the first ones facing a firing line if Trump actually does pull off a coup or gets his way

Corky Romanovsky posted:

On his Jimmy Dore interview, he seems to simultaneously exaggerate and gloss over his arrest.

Seriously, this is Darwin Award tier dumbassery

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Feldegast42 posted:

Its amazing that despite how much hatred and vitriol Trump hurls at the press that they think that they are somehow safe and immune and still don't think they will be the first ones facing a firing line if Trump actually does pull off a coup or gets his way

this has been matt taibbi's line for the last few weeks, he's been going after the media for accepting without question the line the deep state has been feeding them (and hiring a lot of intelligence officers as talking heads) because they want trump out of office without waiting for an election.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Corky Romanovsky posted:

i just listened to the interview and have no idea what you're talking about, what do you mean? he seems appropriately outraged about essentially getting swatted. jimmy dore sucks and has strong crank energy tho maybe he's throwing off the conversation to you

THS has issued a correction as of 00:09 on Nov 4, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feldegast42 posted:

don't sign your posts

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
it’s not surprising most modern media members are so deep in the government corner they have never experienced even mild inconvenience from the gov. So it’s hard to take Trumps seriously when you believe you have always been a beacon of truth but nothing ever happens to you

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

THS posted:

i just listened to the interview and have no idea what you're talking about, what do you mean? he seems appropriately outraged about essentially getting swatted. jimmy dore sucks and has strong crank energy tho maybe he's throwing off the conversation to you

At the 20 minute mark he makes it sound like tensions were fairly minimal after the police were inside, immediately after they were threatening to break down his door.

Listen to Max talk about other subjects and he is more animated and collected in his thoughts.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Feldegast42 posted:

they hate people who question the american government more than the government does. the media is made up of true believers in the cult of 'merica and they would gladly walk to the gallows for it, assuming all the while that they were going to be the executioner instead of the executed

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

fabergay egg posted:

they hate people who question the american government more than the government does. the media is made up of true believers in the cult of 'merica and they would gladly walk to the gallows for it, assuming all the while that they were going to be the executioner instead of the executed

i think just getting on the news would do it for most of them

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

It's likely most MSM is riddled with spooks.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

taqueso posted:

It's likely most MSM is riddled with spooks.

Carl Bernstein was talking about this since 1977

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

ikanreed posted:

Literally pinochet

turns out Justin Trudeau's related to a different LatAm leader

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Max Blumenthal testimony contradictory! Armed swat team kidnapping him for 36 hours low tension! He was able to pass a persuasion check on the officer and get his jacket!

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
The jacket had +2 drama and composure, while the pajamas had +1 rhetoric and -1 savior faire.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

comedyblissoption posted:

Max Blumenthal testimony contradictory! Armed swat team kidnapping him for 36 hours low tension! He was able to pass a persuasion check on the officer and get his jacket!

Where did his Expression go?! Mods?!?!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Maximo Roboto posted:

turns out Justin Trudeau's related to a different LatAm leader

uh yeah it's well established that he's Fidel Castro's lovechild

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

zegermans posted:

uh yeah it's well established that he's Fidel Castro's lovechild

that's a photo of Francisco Pinochet

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Is this real life? Is an actual descendant of a fascist dictator named after another fascist dictator seriously writing a concerned neoliberal article defending the right wing government in loving Chile? Is my brain fried? Am I even alive?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

*Alessandra Mussolini, Keiko Fujimori, Marine and Marion Le Pen, and a ton of other dictatorial descendants come in with everything for a HUGE op-ed*

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I think the Maximilian I of Mexico line is still kicking around

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Chillgamesh posted:

Is this real life? Is an actual descendant of a fascist dictator named after another fascist dictator seriously writing a concerned neoliberal article defending the right wing government in loving Chile? Is my brain fried? Am I even alive?

it’s the end of history, you see

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

gradenko_2000 posted:

The funny thing about Maximillian is he was too left-wing for his supporters, but was still a loving imperialist monarch for his enemies.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

MonsieurChoc posted:

The funny thing about Maximillian is he was too left-wing for his supporters, but was still a loving imperialist monarch for his enemies.

Louis Phillipe syndrome

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's what being a moderate gets you. Also he could've easily escaped with his life but was literally too stupid to do anything that could injure his pride.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Cross posting because yikes

Elias_Maluco posted:

Could not find another source and I dont know this one, but I saw it elsewhere (in portuguese)

https://twitter.com/estrelladigital/status/1191439894633205760

Opposition leader calls for the military to aid in deposing Evo

Seems bad

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

time to change the thread title back to “please coup” lk

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

gradenko_2000 posted:

There's still a pretender to the Bourbon line in France too

Dec 26, 2012

Maximo Roboto posted:

that's a photo of Francisco Pinochet

i mean, he can be castro's lovechild too

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/fictionsofhaiti/status/1191782201236455424?s=21

Adbot