Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Anyone got leaks on the story of teh games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Apparently bede somehow gets himself disqualified from the finals. That's all I got sorry.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

hop gets the other legendary and you fight etearnus together

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
drat shame there’s no gigantamax blastoise or venusaur. Seems like a wasted opportunity, so mega evolutions aren’t a thing anymore at all right, like they don’t exist at all in this new gen right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also eternatus is the most made up pokegods name ever lmao

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Calaveron posted:

drat shame there’s no gigantamax blastoise or venusaur. Seems like a wasted opportunity, so mega evolutions aren’t a thing anymore at all right, like they don’t exist at all in this new gen right?

yes, megas are 100% gone and i hate it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brother Entropy posted:

hop gets the other legendary and you fight etearnus together

It’s a max raid battle so I think it’s actually you, the doggos, and Hop as the 4 players.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
drat Dracozolt is dummy thicc

also interesting that the gen with the 2nd most level of favoritism is Gen 5 (with more pokemon returning than gen 1, though that doesn't counteract the other bits of gen 1 favoritism, and getting the 2nd highest amount of Galarian variants), while the gen that got the most screwed over is gen 4

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

drat Dracozolt is dummy thicc

also interesting that the gen with the 2nd most level of favoritism is Gen 5 (with more pokemon returning than gen 1, though that doesn't counteract the other bits of gen 1 favoritism, and getting the 2nd highest amount of Galarian variants), while the gen that got the most screwed over is gen 4

sinnoh remake 2021

it's happening

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I almost feel like this generation is engineered to breed raw unbridled contempt towards charizard in particular. Is this some reverse psychology poo poo to get him put on the bench for a while?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Flopsy posted:

I almost feel like this generation is engineered to breed raw unbridled contempt towards charizard in particular. Is this some reverse psychology poo poo to get him put on the bench for a while?

If so then let them take Lucario first

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way each game has 2 exclusive gyms. Fighting and Ground for Sword, Ghost and Ice for Shield. Also possibly the last 2 gyms are in a different order?

Here’s the full gym types list: Grass, Water, Fire, Fighting/Ghost, Fairy, Ground/Ice, Dark, Dragon.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

So I decided to spend way too much time looking into who was and was not cut from dexit, and figured out what percent of Pokemon are returning from each generation. I also calculated it cutting out starters and legendaries, since those were pretty obvious for cuts (not counting charizard, since we've known that line is in the game for a while).

Gen 1: 54/151 35% returning, 38% minus legendaries and starters
Gen 2: 33/100 33% returning, 38% minus legendaries and starters
Gen 3: 42/135 32% returning, 35% minus legendaries and starters
Gen 4: 38/107 35% returning, 42% minus legendaries and starters
Gen 5: 85/156 55% returning, 61% minus legendaries and starters
Gen 6: 33/72 45% returning, 55% minus legendaries and starters
Gen 7: 36/88 40% returning, 52% minus legendaries/ultra beasts and starters

I'm honestly surprised that the early gens have the most cuts, especially with how much bloat the later gens have with so legendaries added in. Gens 2 and 3 have the most cuts in general, and the later gens seemed to get away with a lot more Pokemon being in, which I was not expecting. I think once you cut out the legendaries, starters, and most of the early trash mon the cut doesn't look nearly as bad as it first looked.

Also further proof that gen 5 was the best gen, since it got the fewest cuts.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

With all the returning Gen 5 pokemon I wonder if the leveling and evolutions for the new pokemon will be balanced around Gen 5's arcs. That's what I find the most compelling about dexit, that it allows GF to more carefully design the single player experience like they did in Gens 1, 3 and 5.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Too many good friends gone. Discounting the fossils, RIP to Tynamo, Krookodile, Scoliopede, Gligar, Murkrow, Heracross, Clawncher and Skrelp...
Also, how the hell can they get rid of Lillipup? It turns into a Yorkshire Terrier! In the Pokemon game based in the UK!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I got the list of what reddit wants to see but I'm lazy, can someone post the full Galar 400 for me so I can check it against reddit's top 100, I tried serebii but I'm not sure it has them all.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I got the list of what reddit wants to see but I'm lazy, can someone post the full Galar 400 for me so I can check it against reddit's top 100, I tried serebii but I'm not sure it has them all.

here's an returning chart that has a pokemon returning that wasn't listed as returning in the chart already posted in the thread Stantler

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Leon wouldn't get 80% of the hate he's getting now if they'd given him a Dragapult instead.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Can we assume that pokemon with Galarian forms are going to have their regular forms in the game as well?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

here's an returning chart that has a pokemon returning that wasn't listed as returning in the chart already posted in the thread Stantler

This'll do just fine, thanks! I'm not spoiler tagging that Mew and Charmander are back, because the former's public marketing knowledge and the latter's been in this thread without tags on this page.

Reddit's top 100 list: https://pastebin.com/MP2BXBAS

Of the 100, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Lugia, Darkrai, Giratina, Suicune, and Articuno are legendary, so we're down to 93 (plus Mew, which I am going to count even though it's #401+) possible.

Of those 93, 22 are non-Charmander starters, eliminated right out of the gate for whatever reason Game Freak had. So we're down to 71 possibles total, keeping Mew, Charizard, and Charmander to be as generous as possible here (Nobody loves Charmeleon, evidently. Shoutout to Quilava for making the drat list somehow? Also to Flareon for being the only missing Eeveelution for reasons that make perfect sense.)

Collapsing the evolution lines - multiple Eeveelutions, Pikachu and Raichu, etc, we get this list, ordered by popularity, first species in the line:
Charizard, Charmander
Gengar, Haunter
Arcanine, Growlithe
Umbreon, Eevee, Espeon, Jolteon, Sylveon, Vaporeon, Glaceon
Lucario
Gardevoir, Gallade
Dragonite, Dragonair
Absol
Ampharos
Flygon
Ninetales, Vulpix
Tyranitar
Snorlax
Luxray
Scizor, Scyther
Garchomp
Metagross
Alakazam
Cubone
Aggron
Pikachu, Raichu
Volcarona
Mimikyu
Psyduck
Heracross
Mew
Nidoking
Gyarados
Mawile
Sableye
Lapras
Crobat
Breloom
Milotic
Chandelure
Salamence
Dunsparce
Sandshrew, Sandslash
Weavile
Ditto
Houndoom
Shuckle
Aegislash
Hydreigon
Togekiss
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
Porygon-Z
Ludicolo
Froslass
Staraptor
Whimsicott
Altaria
Skarmory
Furret
Gliscor

...for a total of 55 evolution lines and 71 unique pokemon that people would really like to see in Galar.

Now it's spoiler time, let's use that chart:

Charizard/Charmander - yes
Gengar, Haunter - yes
Arcanine, Growlithe - yes
Umbreon, Eevee, Espeon, Jolteon, Sylveon, Vaporeon, Glaceon - yes
Lucario - yes
Gardevoir / Gallade - yes
Dragonite, Dragonair - no
Absol - no
Ampharos - no
Flygon - yes
Ninetales, Vulpix - yes
Tyranitar - yes
Snorlax - yes
Luxray - no
Scizor, Scyther - no
Garchomp - no
Metagross - no
Alakazam - no
Cubone - no
Aggron - no
Pikachu, Raichu - yes
Volcarona - no
Mimikyu - yes
Psyduck - no
Heracross - no
Mew - yes
Nidoking - no
Gyarados - no
Mawile - yes
Sableye - yes
Lapras - yes
Crobat - no
Breloom - no
Milotic - yes
Chandelure - yes
Salamence - no
Dunsparce - no
Sandshrew, Sandslash - no
Weavile - yes
Ditto - yes
Houndoom - no
Shuckle - yes
Aegislash - yes
Hydreigon - yes
Togekiss - yes
Jigglypuff - no
Zoroark - no
Porygon-Z - no, although I had thought yes?
Ludicolo - yes
Froslass - yes
Staraptor - no
Whimsicott - yes
Altaria - no
Skarmory - no
Furret - no
Gliscor - no

So of a possible 56 unique evolution lines (including Mew and Charmander), 27 are in Galar.

I'm surprised it's so low. I mean, that's low.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
All the missing mons will be added eventually right

RIGHT?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Man. They really hosed up the apple dragon with the final evolution. Dire.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Last I heard it was a split evo, not a three-stage. But that was an unconfirmed leak so it might have been wishful thinking

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Reality Sinner posted:

RIGHT?

No, Masuda is going around to everyone's houses deleting old mons.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

You know, I'm more bummed than I thought I'd be about losing so many of my favorites. Primarina is a Pokemon I've wanted my whole life (I love mermaids so much) and it sucks I only got to use them for one generation. Also, no more Lilligant, or Furret, or Blazikin, or Starmie, or Mareep, or Marill (I can't believe they cut Pikablu!), or Dragonite, and just so many others I really loved are gone.

Like, I'm one of those people who tries to always use all new Pokemon or at least Pokemon I've never used before each gen so I didn't think Dexit would bother me, but I guess it kind of does.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Reality Sinner posted:

RIGHT?

They'll be in a new game eventually, but from now on games are incompatible with eachother.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

Last I heard it was a split evo, not a three-stage. But that was an unconfirmed leak so it might have been wishful thinking

It would make sense, given that one is an apple peel and the other is a peeled apple.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

WTF are you talking about. He's a sleepy apple pie! What more could you want from a pokemon?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cheetah7071 posted:

They're version exclusive evolutions: Appletun is in sheild, Flapple is in sword

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I feel like they're thinking that by only including half of all pokemon each game, they can use "and your favorite is back in this one!" as a selling point

For me what it ultimately means is I won't even bother touching in-game competitive battling since I usually use a team of my faves for that, but I always use six new pokemon in-game so it won't affect my main experience

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They're version exclusive evolutions: Appletun is in sheild, Flapple is in sword

Aw, that's lame; Flapple was my favorite of the two.

My desire for pretty pony is really rubbing against me liking all the other exclusives for Sword better. :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

well that decides my choice of game I guess

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Okay good, I was planning on getting Sword anyway. I'm glad the one I wanted is in the version I planned on getting.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dope. I'll run with it when I get Sword next year.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
do we know if the evo is based on which game the Applin originated in, or which one it leveled up in? Though I assume our leakers aren't able to trade so we don't actually know

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Thundersword238 posted:

Also further proof that gen 5 was the best gen, since it got the fewest cuts.
I do agree that the devs who chunked 60% of the roster for Pikachu but bigger and 100 different curry recipes thinking that Gen 5 had the most to offer definitely says something about that generation

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It is proper and Good that Wobbuffet, the Best and Goodest Gen 2 Pokemon, has survived.

Perfect Potato posted:

I do agree that the devs who chunked 60% of the roster for Pikachu but bigger and 100 different curry recipes thinking that Gen 5 had the most to offer definitely says something about that generation
gently caress, I'd chunk 80% of the roster for 100 different curry recipes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

What is your source for this?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Funky Valentine posted:

gently caress, I'd chunk 80% of the roster for 100 different curry recipes.

Where do you think the recipes came from?

They're made from the missing pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funky Valentine posted:

It is proper and Good that Wobbuffet, the Best and Goodest Gen 2 Pokemon, has survived.

He's a main pokemon in the anime, Having the third most screen time of any pokemon.