Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Osmosisch posted:

For the first time since she emigrated I've managed to feed my wife enough weird Polish news that she actually jumped through all the hoops to vote from abroad. Every little helps I guess.

I didn’t vote. :(

not sure if my polish passport is still valid in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Eh, it could have been worse. At least PiS won't have constitutional majority and won't be able to reject presidential vetoes. Apparently they've also lost in the Senate, which means that the opposition has a chance in the upcoming presidential elections.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Following on from the New York Times' recent report on the GRU's European operations unit, we've done some more digging:
https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1183774987280420868
https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1183776266014658560
https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1183777191848562688
https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1183779393103192064

There will be more, we're just getting started on this guy and the other individuals named in the New York Times article.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
brown moses, you better be checking every cup of tea and doorknob that crosses your path

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

szary posted:

Eh, it could have been worse. At least PiS won't have constitutional majority and won't be able to reject presidential vetoes. Apparently they've also lost in the Senate, which means that the opposition has a chance in the upcoming presidential elections.

It also means they won't be able to do the "pass a quick reactive bill overnight" thing any more. The Senate is mostly powerless, but by bouncing bills back to the Sejm it can at least slow things down.

Until PiS poach a couple of senators, that is, which is more likely than not.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/24/western-liberalism-failed-post-communist-eastern-europe proclick supreme

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Making emigration such a core trauma and cause is a bit of an eye-opener. Interesting. Also partially explains the piss party's obsession with birth rates.

Karenina
Jul 10, 2013

Seeing that Krastev and Holmes byline was a nice surprise. They have a book coming out soonish (The Light That Failed) that I've been waiting on.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Interesting article, but it feels like it is writing about Poland and Hungary, but tries to seems more important by talking about all of EE.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Russian Black Sea Fleet Movement Drills

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

We're near to the one year anniversary of the Russian attack and kidnapping of Ukrainian ships in the Kerch Strait and just yesterday it was revealed during impeachment testimony that White House officials were prepared to make a statement condemning the attack but Trump told them not to.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

We're near to the one year anniversary of the Russian attack and kidnapping of Ukrainian ships in the Kerch Strait and just yesterday it was revealed during impeachment testimony that White House officials were prepared to make a statement condemning the attack but Trump told them not to.

makes those "but look how good trump is about ukraine, how can he be in putin's pocket?" posts even funnier in retrospect

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Rinkles posted:

makes those "but look how good trump is about ukraine, how can he be in putin's pocket?" posts even funnier in retrospect

Trump has been in Putin's pocket even before he hired hookers to pee on a hotel bed.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Trump has been in Putin's pocket even before he hired hookers to pee on a hotel bed.
Excuse me, nobody's been harder on Putin than Trump!

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

Excuse me, nobody's been harder on for Putin than Trump!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/mbueckert/status/1191135211758792704?s=19

:stare:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Why not when you can get away with it? The US aint gonna do poo poo in response to any holocaust level poo poo so why even bother not doing it.

*this horrible opinion is not one I believe in. But evidence points to it being true. China turkey both are committing semi genocidal actions and getting scot-free.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
The US won't care, but the EU will probably throw a shitfit over this

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Bulgaria did some nasty poo poo to their Turkish minority as recently as the 80's, they have a history.
Oddly enough they weren't so bad in WW2 all things considered.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

UAV Shot down by Ukraine

Looks almost entirely non-metallic. Styrofoam?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

That's 100% styrofoam and is probably based on an RC model plane kit. Kind of surprised there's anything of it even left if was hit by weapons fire

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Hey I found it:

https://www.hobby-wing.com/sonicmodell-ar-wing-900mm-drone-fpv-flying-wing-kit.html

The camera hole and a couple of other things seem to be a touch different but otherwise seems to be a good match for what's still present

edit: maybe a different model from the same company or an ali express knockoff or that's a common shape for designs across several manufacturers? either way it's a toy

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Nov 5, 2019

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The use of commercial drones in conflicts has been a significant development over the past few years. Although their use really came to be widely known through ISIS deploying them in Syria and Iraq, we've since seen them used by opposition groups in Syria, an attack on President Maduro of Venezuela, the Iraqi police using them, and even the IDF. Even if it's not a livefeed from the drone you can use them to get a lot of useful information on enemy positions. I think Graham Phillips even used his drone once to collect that information when he was with separatists in Ukraine.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Minsk

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Make a wish

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lol, this isn't breaking news or anything, but today i learned that paleontologists that found a possible t-rex precursor in poland literally called it smok wawelski (making smok a genus)

for those that don't know, it's a polish legend. smok means dragon.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
So no one cares about Poland being in the us Visa waiver system after all these years? Or how that came to be?

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

We fulfilled the criteria and so we're in?

Well, not me because I visited SCARY IRAN. No visa waiver for me :)

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Nov 7, 2019

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1192457262389956608

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
what happened to the lighter cat?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Someone turned on the fan and it floated away. 'Tis a Russian dystrophy joke.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Cat Mattress posted:

When security tried to scan the carrier its waveform collapsed.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cat Mattress posted:

It no cat. A fur hat. Man wear it!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Cat Mattress posted:

it turned into a beautiful princess and joined him at the king's dinner party

(i may have gotten my fairy tales mixed up)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Freakazoid_ posted:

it turned into a beautiful princess and joined him at the king's dinner party

(i may have gotten my fairy tales mixed up)

...Japanese fairy tales? :japan:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This is quite :laffo:. European Greens are voting to expel Latvian Greens from the party group for being, more or less, conservative agrarians, and the leader of Latvia Greens is having the silliest shitfit over it.

"We have already been thinking about quitting the group on our own!!!!"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

also some people were yelling "We will never be slaves" in Russian which is interesting.

Since this is the dumbest timeline, that may be a reference to Warcraft movie. It's surprisingly popular with my eastern friends.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 10, 2019

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

...Japanese fairy tales? :japan:

Hungarian, actually.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

quote:

Since this is the dumbest timeline, that may be a reference to Warcraft movie. It's surprisingly popular with my eastern friends.

I read this phrase in a 1970s english to russian help book. Pictures of Kids all holding sickles and hammers with unified speech bubble "мы никогда не будем рабами!"

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I read this phrase in a 1970s english to russian help book. Pictures of Kids all holding sickles and hammers with unified speech bubble "мы никогда не будем рабами!"

I misread that at first as "мы никогда не будем рыбами!", perhaps because of the fairy tale discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

OddObserver posted:

I misread that at first as "мы никогда не будем рыбами!", perhaps because of the fairy tale discussion.

Those two statements are not mutually exclusive