Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

spit on my clit posted:

"sex worker" is actually the worst sex word. it sounds so watered down and tame compared to "prostitute", which is what they are

Don't you mean "whore"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

doverhog posted:

Don't you mean "whore"?

that also applies to them, but whore doesn't get the point across that they do it for money.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

You gonna have to run that comparison back because I did not get it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Sex worker covers a lot more than prostitution.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Prostitute has a lot of bad connotations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

Verily, but moral judgement should be the same, as long as the participants are willing.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

Prostitute has a lot of bad connotations.

That does not make it the incorrect term for a prostitute, though. Catholicism has a ton of bad connotations, but they aren't rebranding themselves as Followers of God.

Henchman of Santa posted:

How so?

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Sex worker also includes strippers/dancers, models, web cammers and others that work in sex adjacent jobs, but don’t get paid for having sex like a prostitute does.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Yeah, and all those jobs have the exact same moral worth.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

You say that as if there's something wrong with it two or more adults who're willing exchanging money for sex, or all the other sex-adjacent things described.

Or am I just reading too much into it?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I was saying the exact opposite of that.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Yeah I didn’t know this was a morals or ethics conversation. I’m not touching that one at all. Just pointing out that not all sexually explicit job types are the same thing as prostitution. Someone who poses for sexually explicit photos for something like Hustler, but doesn’t engage in consensual, paid for sex is not a prostitute, regardless of what you think their moral character is worth.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Dross posted:

Most sex words are pretty gross but yeah this and gaping are the worst mainstream fetishes.

I don't get cum in general. There is nothing sexy about cum, it's an extremely disgusting substance and I definitely never want to see another guy's cum, why would you?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

OTOH I find another guys cum to be extremely (whispers in your ear) erotic

doverhog
May 31, 2013

HairyManling posted:

Yeah I didn’t know this was a morals or ethics conversation. I’m not touching that one at all. Just pointing out that not all sexually explicit job types are the same thing as prostitution. Someone who poses for sexually explicit photos for something like Hustler, but doesn’t engage in consensual, paid for sex is not a prostitute, regardless of what you think their moral character is worth.

Ok. Why is that an important distinction? But don't answer, as you already said you are not touching it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

oldpainless posted:

OTOH I find another guys cum to be extremely (whispers in your ear) erotic

come again?

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

Ok. Why is that an important distinction? But don't answer, as you already said you are not touching it.

I made it very clear the part I didn’t want to touch was the moral character argument. That’s a completely different subject and a can of worms itself. The original comments were discussing the difference between all types of sexually explicit work vs prostitution. Why is it an important distinction? Because words have meanings, maybe?

If you have a keen mind for numbers and are a great economist, but use your knowledge to steal from people and run scams are you a prostitute because you’re using your talents in an immoral and unethical way? I suppose you would say yes, because your definition of prostitute seems to include moral judgements.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Don’t mind if I do

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I feel like we are talking at cross purposes, and it probably is my fault.

You seem to have really fixated on my use of the word "moral". The point I was making was that they are the same, one is not better or worse in some abstract sense than another.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Fair enough, I was starting to get the same feeling.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Uh, and the thing I forgot to mention I guess is sex work is morally the same as being a carpenter or a teacher. Better than being a cop or a soldier.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=DY-xFP7HdEg

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

doverhog posted:

Uh, and the thing I forgot to mention I guess is sex work is morally the same as being a carpenter or a teacher. Better than being a cop or a soldier.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaa

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

You're weird

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

doverhog posted:

This is entirely correct

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

spit on my clit posted:

Which part is incorrect?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

christmas boots posted:

Which part is incorrect?

every part

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don’t worry doverhog that’s basically like the badge of approval around here.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Why is it morally different than being a carpenter?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

He probably meant to say orally different

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Both involve lots of wood and nailing things.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

christmas boots posted:

Why is it morally different than being a carpenter?

one involves laying carpet, the other involves eating carpet

although i guess if you're a gourmet carpenter you might get a literal taste for it, so its up to you to decipher which is which

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

spit on my clit posted:

one involves laying carpet, the other involves eating carpet

although i guess if you're a gourmet carpenter you might get a literal taste for it, so its up to you to decipher which is which

That's a difference sure, but it doesn't seem to be a moral one.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The Rock is cool. I don't like his acting or movies, but just as a person and a cultural icon. Similar to how Arnold Schwarzenegger was cool back in the day. Not for any good reason really, I just appreciate that kind of famous muscle dude.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The Rock comes across as very tryhard and fake to me but what do I know

doverhog
May 31, 2013

You have to be a tryhard to be a famous muscle dude tho? Like my instinct is to say he's bullshit but you have to appreciate the work ethic and sheer amount of stuff he does.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, but I can't name a great movie The Rock has done, whereas Schwarzenegger has Terminator, Conan, Predator, Commando, Running Man, Total Recall, T2, True Lies, and those are just the ones that come immediately to mind. The Rock hasn't done anything I'm aware of with anything like the critical reception or cultural effect of those.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah, but I can't name a great movie The Rock has done, whereas Schwarzenegger has Terminator, Conan, Predator, Commando, Running Man, Total Recall, T2, True Lies, and those are just the ones that come immediately to mind. The Rock hasn't done anything I'm aware of with anything like the critical reception or cultural effect of those.

Are you implying that the Fast and the Furious movies are not cultural landmarks?

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

He was good in Moana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Jumanji 2 was great