Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath for October Skaeth's Wild Hunt, from BeastGrave, by GW

Another underworlds warband to get back into the swing of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for October:

10 guys who are most definitely Skitarii and by no means Genestealer Cult Neophytes using stolen wargear as a disguise, no siree Bob! 28mm, GW.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

gently caress it, I’ll do a quick Oath for September.

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint these models from FFG's Star Wars: Legion. It's the Priority Supplies pack, found here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-legion/products/priority-supplies-battlefield-expansion/

I’m claiming Get the Crystal on these, since they’re objective tokens.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, oath 7 Chaos Cultists and 1 Cultist Firebrand from Games Workshop for September 2019!

Ugleb posted:

Cheeky little speed oath time!

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, Iron Maiden Hecate for Hellboy the Boardgame.

Approved (September)

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think you need a timestamp with the finished piece for it to count, you can still get it though!
It's fine, the finished piece was posted within 24 hours of the timestamp on the oath.

My apologies to all for being a bit behind, my life's gotten a bit busy (in a good way) lately and I haven't had chance to pop my head in as often as I ought to. I'll try and get October's oaths approved tonight - also go check the spreadsheet, it should be up to date with September's stuff! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nuMunESXXQIzRSQ6ZNeY2ljrNLwtbeKiNemdg8UHDHw/edit#gid=17

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for October:

10 guys who are most definitely Skitarii and by no means Genestealer Cult Neophytes using stolen wargear as a disguise, no siree Bob! 28mm, GW.

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, Oath for October Skaeth's Wild Hunt, from BeastGrave, by GW

Another underworlds warband to get back into the swing of things.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath for the month of October:

1 2nd Edition Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka from Games Workshop

Scooped him up on eBay so I'm going for Rescue Ranger on this guy.

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samonite, Oath The Folllowing For October:
A bunch of planes from GW's new game Aeronautica Imperialis that totally won't get dropped right away. :cripes:

3 dakka jet, 2 fighta bomma, 2 thunderbolt, 2 marauder

Our Lady of Perpetual Infiltration

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for October:

Aida Swanson, 28mm, Corvus Belli.

edit:

gonna clean this mess up while I'm at it

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for October...

Axl and Hippolyta, Aristeia, Corvus Belli

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath 2 Reaper Bones ...zombie hunters?

Approved!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I'm forgetting to post promptly again.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of October, these five 10mm Blotz buildings for Dropzone Commander.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint a squad of Deathtroopers from Star Wars: Legion (FFG)

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Vulture Demon and nest for October!

One Reaper Bones Vulture Demon (or 'Type I Demon: Vrock' i'd prefer...), with a bunch of Warhammer Fantasy skeleton parts.

Doing Fight of the Century - We have a winner! for his hoard...

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in October

2 Gold Plinth
2 Gold Crown
2 Gold Goblet/Plate
2 Gold Sword in Stone
2 Gold Pile of Chests
2 Gold Pile of Armour and Weapons
4 Small Gold Piles of Treasure
4 Large Gold Piles of Treasure
2 Gold Coin Pouch
Ba’el, the undead demon

all by Mantic (28mm)

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For October, I , Galaspar, oath a Death Guard Bloat Drone by GW

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sorry all for the late judging, I’ll be getting it done this weekend!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

For October, I , Galaspar, oath a Death Guard Bloat Drone by GW

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in October

2 Gold Plinth
2 Gold Crown
2 Gold Goblet/Plate
2 Gold Sword in Stone
2 Gold Pile of Chests
2 Gold Pile of Armour and Weapons
4 Small Gold Piles of Treasure
4 Large Gold Piles of Treasure
2 Gold Coin Pouch
Ba’el, the undead demon

all by Mantic (28mm)

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 Vulture Demon and nest for October!

One Reaper Bones Vulture Demon (or 'Type I Demon: Vrock' i'd prefer...), with a bunch of Warhammer Fantasy skeleton parts.

Doing Fight of the Century - We have a winner! for his hoard...

Ugleb posted:

I'm forgetting to post promptly again.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of October, these five 10mm Blotz buildings for Dropzone Commander.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint a squad of Deathtroopers from Star Wars: Legion (FFG)

Approved! I'm currently working on the September Gallery so that should be up soon...

OK, September's up https://imgur.com/a/2ocOhhy - check your pics are there, it'll go for judgement in about a week (I'm away next weekend so it will likely be sent out on the Monday after)

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 20, 2019

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

A bunch of Genestealter Cultists wearing captured Skitarii gear for this month's challenge!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one Female Oni from Reaper, 28mm

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

Claiming: monthly challenge
We have a Winner - Ace markings on sides of the thunderbolts cockpit
A loser is you - Wing fire on the Ork Dakkajet and bullet holes among all the planes. Really none of them are looking all that great.

I was itching to paint something more colorful lately and these Ork planes really were just what I needed.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath one Female Oni from Reaper, 28mm

Approved!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

Claiming Spic and Span: holy poo poo a table

Cat Face Joe posted:

gonna clean this mess up while I'm at it

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 30, 2019

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete

I had a hard time getting anything done besides halloween costumes for kids, but here we are! I am claiming we have a winner for the trophy head being carried by the hunter.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:September judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: KingMob

The metals are nice, and the red hair looks like actual red hair, which can be pretty tough to paint.

Second place, 2 points: Duct Tape

More martians, still good. I'm impressed by how consistent you make them.

First place, 3 points: Brock Samsonite

Nice black and red. The floor is very good looking too.

Bonus, 1 point: Ashcans

Nice banner. The motive is clear and the color choice is good.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

Claiming we have a winner for the defeated foe beneath it.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath complete!

Getting closer to that table of Dropzone goodness!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: September Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  Zark the Damned 

The whole campsite is a treat, but there's something just so authentically medieval about the heraldry on the pavilions. This sun-face in particular just screams "jousting tournament."

Second Place, 2 points:  Ashcans 

I must be on a heraldry kick this month, because this guy's banner really caught my eye. The rest of the miniature is also very well-executed; nice linework and blending on the tabard, for example.

First Place, 3 points:  Brock Samsonite 

There's just so much incredible detail on this model, and you bring it out with striking contrasts, very precise line work, and what I assume must have been a ridiculous level of patience. The fact that that marble floor almost seems like an afterthought is a testament to this piece's overall quality.

Bonus Point:  gameraMan 

No freehand, exactly, but well-weathered mossy terrain is always great to see, and your execution of these ruins is pretty terrific.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
October Oath Complete!

1 Vulture Demon and nest:

Claiming Fight of the Century - We have a winner! for the 'nest'

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

October Oath Complete

Was running a bit short on time by the end of the month, hence potato photos and bases that really, really need more work.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for November

2 Nox, Mentor, Caliban, Cadmus and Shrouded; all Shasvastii for Infinity

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

A bit belated, but October is over! Onwards to:

quote:

November - You ain't from around here
Your model should reference another universe. This could be a fantasy football player in a real life sport uniform, Captain America leading your WW2 veterans, or a Slurm vending machine in your Star Wars diorama. Point out your reference in your completion post just in case we don't 'get it'.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint a BARC Speeder from the Clone Wars core set for Star Wars: Legion. Going to go for the monthly achievement and put the license plate for Mr Grimm (the motorcycle from Twisted Metal, “SOLTAKR”) somewhere on this hover bike. Or maybe Ghost Rider’s plate number, they’re roughly the same concept :v:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo, Oath one two figures: Eli Quicknight from Reaper (25th Anniversary figure), and Human Blademaster from Stonehaven miniatures, both 28mm.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for November:

Two Devas, both 28mm from Corvus Belli.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper Beholder Eyeball Monster for November

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper Beholder Eyeball Monster for November

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for November:

Two Devas, both 28mm from Corvus Belli.

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo, Oath one two figures: Eli Quicknight from Reaper (25th Anniversary figure), and Human Blademaster from Stonehaven miniatures, both 28mm.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for November

2 Nox, Mentor, Caliban, Cadmus and Shrouded; all Shasvastii for Infinity

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint a BARC Speeder from the Clone Wars core set for Star Wars: Legion. Going to go for the monthly achievement and put the license plate for Mr Grimm (the motorcycle from Twisted Metal, “SOLTAKR”) somewhere on this hover bike. Or maybe Ghost Rider’s plate number, they’re roughly the same concept :v:

Approved!

Also the spreadsheet should now be up to date for October, so go check I haven't missed your stuff! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nuMunESXXQIzRSQ6ZNeY2ljrNLwtbeKiNemdg8UHDHw/edit#gid=19

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So, uh...I’m not patient about painting, turns out :v:

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

I’m slowly getting better with painting white, but that color just loves to highlight all your fuckups :v:

I gave up on the license plate idea, too. Oh well.

e: that timing though :laffo:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of November, these six Scifi-X buildings by TTCombat.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath a 1/35th Sascha The Welding Girl from Industria Mechanika

I did something super small last month, now I'm gonna do something big! (y'know for a figure scale)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Second Place, 2 points:  Ashcans 

I must be on a heraldry kick this month, because this guy's banner really caught my eye. The rest of the miniature is also very well-executed; nice linework and blending on the tabard, for example.

Electric Hobo posted:

Bonus, 1 point: Ashcans

Nice banner. The motive is clear and the color choice is good.

I missed these before, so I wanted to say thank you! I started with some crazy aspirations for the banner and then had to scale them down to match my skill and size offerred, so I'm really happy it still panned out into something appealing and effective. I appreciate it!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For November I, Galaspar, oath 3 Necromunda Orlocks and 2 barricades , all by GW

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
:catdrugs: September Judgement :catdrugs:

3rd Place (1pts): Ashcans

I don't know precisely why I like this one so much, but I really like it. The color palette? The cool banner? The cloak that pops? All of it just works together, and it's great!

2nd Place (2pts): Brock Samsonite

The crisp clean lines on the clothing, excellent marbling on the base, cool pattern on the cloak. Top notch!

1st Place (3pts): gameraMan

I love me some good terrain, and that right there is some damned good terrain! Functional, aesthetically pleasing, all around good stuff.

Bonus (1pts): Ugleb

The patina alone on this is worth a bonus point. Very nice!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Oath Complete!

Tried to match the blend on first Deva I did but they didn't come out quite the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Duct Tape posted:

Bonus (1pts): Ugleb

The patina alone on this is worth a bonus point. Very nice!

Cheers! It was a fun little project that one.