Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Former DILF posted:

So I eat McDonald’s for lunch roughly 3-4 times per week. Before anyone gets on my rear end, I eat healthy the rest of the time. It’s close to work and easy so whatever.

My usual order is a large Big Mac meal with a side of fries & whatever speciality item they have. For the last month, it’s been cheese melts.

So today I go to order and they say “sorry were out of cheese melts.” I calmly pointed out that they were still listed on the menu. They tell me it’s a limited promotion item. I insist as it’s still on the menu, they are required by law to serve it (false advertising is quite strict where I live.) they continue to insist they’re all gone.

By now I’m getting angry but still keeping my cool. Finally I said “fine instead of cheese melts I’ll take chicken selects.” Which I didn’t really want.

I told the employee they shouldn’t mislead customers and that it threw off my day, and that they should apologize, which they didn’t.

My friend thinks I was OTT; I disagree because I was calm and didn’t yell and because I was right about not advertising poo poo you don’t have.

Edit because I feel like people are getting the wrong idea already. I DID NOT YELL OR THREATEN. I simply stated facts, LAW, about advertising. It’s not like I was going to sue them for fucks sake.

And yeah at the end of the day I always get a Big Mac and cheese melts, and today I had to have a Big Mac and chicken selects and I don’t even like chicken that much.

I kept calm throughout the whole thing, may have held up the line for like two minutes but hardly anyone was behind me and nobody’s day was messed up except mine

Edit again: I just want to point out I’m in the U.K., so the cashier is not a “minimum wage employee” and they’re actually paid a decent salary.

EDIT AGAIN - I feel like nobody is actually understanding what happened I DID NOT YELL OR THREATEN. I get cheese melts 4x per week, if they were going to stop serving them I would have appreciated if they said “hey Hamburglar just so you know these are going away soon” so I could prepare. It’s poo poo working all day and being hungry and thinking you’re gonna get one thing and not getting it.

Also the employee wasn’t some kid, she was middle aged, making a decent salary and basically sneered at me when she said it.

LAST EDIT - Jesus gently caress! No I wasn’t expecting cheese melts to magically appear; I just wanted to get MY POINT ACROSS to make sure it doesn’t happen to anyone else, or me again

AITA?

EDIT: ok first of all I’m seeing some fat shaming posts which I believe is also against the rules of this sub, but I’m going to take the high road and not report. My body size has nothing to do with anything.

I lowballed how often I go - it’s more like 5 times per week ONLY BECAUSE it’s literally in the same shopping centre as where I work. If I go that often, they know me and my usual order and could warn me.

When I say it threw off my day: I have 30 minutes for lunch. If I had known they’d be out of melts, I would’ve gone to Burger King or Pizza Hut. So yeah I was annoyed having to wait in the queue for like 10 minutes, order, and have them be out of what I wanted.

Sir this is Carl's jr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Former DILF posted:

tale of the McDonalds dingus

my god

it's flawless

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Plinkey posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuccccck yeah

almost a stromb

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

there is some good rear end poo poo in the /r/relationships thread on GBS (there's virtually nothing else good there)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Zyla posted:

My favorite sweetie is uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's u

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

can I get uhhhhhhhhh chicken selects

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Former DILF posted:

there is some good rear end poo poo in the /r/relationships thread on GBS (there's virtually nothing else good there)

OSHA thread owns

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dolphin posted:

i mean it's gross and all but i was also thinking of how greasy your keys are now

ah. well the tortilla isnt greasy at all so. :shrug:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

what's gbs?

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Siljmonster posted:

how i met your nazi father

how I met your Führer

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Mustached Demon posted:

OSHA thread owns

true

quote:

I have a situation I’m very confused about. My husband and I were married for 31 years. We didn’t have sex for the last 15 years. I shopped and overate to compensate. He was sick for the past five years and very, very sick in the last year. He recently passed away. I started having sexual feelings some time last year. In the past year, we had four caregivers for my husband. The last person to care for him was someone I knew for about a year. “Mark” took excellent care of my husband and helped me out by cleaning the house and doing some general chores. We were both present when my husband died at home. My husband and I loved this person and he loved us in return. Mark held me up at the funeral because I felt pretty shaky and we cried in each other’s arms many times. He promised my husband that he would continue to live here and take care of me.

This person is the most caring person I have ever met in my life. I’m 73 but feel about 50, and he is 38. His life has been terrible, and he has several health problems. I planned several conversations to let him know how I felt and never had the nerve to say anything. I tell him he’s awesome, and I wish I were 30 years younger. One day we were giving each other a hug and I blurted out that I would try to seduce him, but I didn’t want to ruin our friendship. Mark replied that he would be open to that. He said that neither his mother nor his ex-wives ever treated him as well as I do.

We have not done the deed. Mark is very shy, and I don’t have much experience with other men. He sent me a picture of his erect penis. I’ve done research on that and realize that may mean that he is really interested because men think their penises are special, great, etc. We’ve had discussions about whether, if we had sex, it would mess either of us up more than we already are. Also, when this phase is over, who is going to feel worse and who would feel jealous when we found someone else? I am in a peculiar position because I’m the one with the money now and he doesn’t have any, but I don’t think less of him because of that. He has a good heart and I love him for that. Could you give me some advice on how to proceed?

—Love After Grief

Dear Love After Grief,

You love him and he’s the most caring person you’ve ever met in your life. Sounds like someone worth having sex with to me. Don’t get bogged down in worry. Age discrepancy only matters when it matters (such as in cases of a party being underage or age-related attraction issues). You’re both OK with the decades between you, and weirder things have happened than a 73-year-old hooking up with a 38-year-old. And yes, the dick pic means he’s interested, and that not only does he think his penis is special, great, etc., but he hopes you do, too. Do you?

It can feel dicey getting into something with someone you have considered a friend, but that circumstance can also make for a beautiful romance. You already have a foundation of respect and care to build on. Who says this phase has to ever end? Who says you have to go on to find someone else? Why can’t this just be the next chapter in your lives—one in which those lives become one shared life? One could abort any blossoming relationship by considering the havoc that a breakup would likely wreak, but if everyone did that, all love would be unrequited, and who wants to live in that world? ’Tis better to have loved and lost, etc.

This is an opportunity that could be very good for both of you. Relax and lean into it, avoiding and ignoring whatever anxiety you may feel to the best of your ability. Don’t let him take you for a ride (beyond the sexual sort)—make sure you keep your finances secure. I wouldn’t recommend sharing your PIN with him, but there’s nothing wrong with sharing your wealth with someone that you care about who has far less. He has a good heart, you say, and I suspect you do as well. Let him have it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

dad......

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

false advertising is quite strict where I live

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

not really likin the energy here but i agree with the sentiment

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MadJackal posted:

how I met your Führer

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlmao

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Poniard posted:

not really likin the energy here but i agree with the sentiment

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/1191582654124187648

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Epic High Five posted:

LENTILS DO NOT NEED TO BE SOAKED

bean soaks are questionable and intimidate people away from beans also

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/status/1191425239776997378

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

20 PETE 20

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bulgakov posted:

Pressure cooker rules for dry beans

Apparently if ur gonna soak tho do it with some baking soda in the water and it makes them less gassy

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bulgakov posted:

I knew someone in college who would soak beans overnight and man, let me tell you, it ain’t worth it

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lorn Wayne posted:

my god

it's flawless

it’s rly good :eyepop:

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Bulgakov posted:

i find a good soak helps with those who don't yet have good bean handling skill

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

my favorite late night sweet snack is a godfather, but heavy on the scotch. 2 oz scotch 1 oz amaretto

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

DryGoods posted:

i find a good soak helps with those who don't yet have good bean handling skill

I'll take "How do mormons in utah talk about sex?" for $500

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DryGoods posted:

tonight we're doing all your favorite cheating snacks. those little dishes that you know you shouldn't. but you just can't help yourself

hi caller. so tell me, when the sun goes down and you stop feeling the eyes all over you, what's your favorite sweet treat?

tiramisu, because I'm a fancy lad

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

802.11weed posted:

love 2 abruptly lose all interest in something i liked two days ago :sax:

:wedass:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

snoo posted:

it's u

:3:

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Rubellavator posted:

you can start a really creepy countdown thread like people used to do on the internet for celebrities who were turning 18

Olson twins thing never made sense to me, that show was awful

Alec Eiffel posted:

lmao if you aren't cleaning your fan like twice a month

Ceiling fans have a cool switch that changes the direction (MAKE SURE YOU TURN IT OFF FIRST!) This gets all the dust off fast and easy, and Jeffrey Epstein did not kill himself.

Chokes McGee posted:

please do not bring italian cuisine into this

Just LOL if you've never had Pop Tarts when you've got the munchies. All you grassheads in here should know that, they're like a huge, frosted, jelly filled cookie. Next time you inject some POT under your toenails give them a try.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Scrub there was a cat on football tonight! Check my twitter for video and pics

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

wgat the fucjk is a mcdonalds cheez eklt

yeah and the chicken select? loving weird rear end poo poo

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Full House? Yeah that poo poo aged about as well as Trump's neck flaps.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1191540108585000960?s=19

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Mnoklp

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

we need the revolution for real though