Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
rudy no

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Any death from the show is really sad but Rudy finally going is devastating. Loved that grouchy old man and I wish they put Rudy and Rich back together on the first allstar season.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
If he was really suffering from Alzheimer's these past few years, his death is probably kind of a relief both to him and his loved ones. That poo poo is rough, especially in the end stages, and I would not wish it on anyone.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My grandpa had dementia in various forms from strokes for the last ten years of his life. While it was excruciating and didn't seem much like him anymore, I'm not sure if I'd call his death a relief. The hardest part was probably dealing with my heartbroken grandmother (who was not at all happy to see him go, even in his then-current state).

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Alzheimer’s sucks. Rudy was rad.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Guy was 91. He did good.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Guess he wan't the sole survivor. Sorry for the spoiler there.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

Edit: Also, I'm currently eating Applebees, but I swear it wasn't my choice. Food's bland.

STAC are you okay? Did you survive this?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Guess he wan't the sole survivor. Sorry for the spoiler there.

something something Ghost Island?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SweetJahasus posted:

STAC are you okay? Did you survive this?

It was a terribly over cooked smash burger with absolutely no taste that was so dry it cracked in half when I took the sandwich apart to add condiments. Somehow I lived through it. I'm ready for my Survivor run now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There’s no way the Rob/Sandra reveal is going to be as great as we hope, but I’m hoping it’s something a challenge that takes place immediately upon merge.

Have the merge be a special night thing. Do that night challenge where people are running through a maze in the dark collecting certain clue answers or just whatever the gently caress you have to collect. Have Rob and Sandra at separate collection stations surprising everyone that gets to them.

People who don’t know they’re on this season get shocked. The four or five others have a quick hello. Sandra and Rob aren’t letting them relish the moment and urging them to compete faster.

Jeff crowns the winner and gives them spices or whatever crap. Reveals Rob and Sandra officially.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm past even caring about a reveal. I just want them to be sitting there giggling at Tribal forever.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

I'm past even caring about a reveal. I just want them to be sitting there giggling at Tribal forever.

This is by a wide margin the best change to the show in years

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, I'm kind of floored by how well they're pulling this twist off, especially considering the show's shoddy track record. The busts are incredibly goofy, but Rob and Sandra are just good tv.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
applebees is, by far, my favourite sit down restaurant

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What’s the point of keeping it a secret though? Even if you don’t know you have to know they have a chance at an idol when they go there.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
hot take, applebees is fine. not great but fine. i'd be pretty thrilled to get it if i was out there starving.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The most offensive thing about applebee's is the misleading name. Johnny Appleseed died to bring apples all across america, our last hope for apple themed restaurants instead sells microwaved cisco and not a drop of apple in sight!

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of floored by how well they're pulling this twist off, especially considering the show's shoddy track record. The busts are incredibly goofy, but Rob and Sandra are just good tv.

They're innocuous and entertaining. It's a twist that doesn't impact the game in an obnoxious way like EoE. It's kind of ideal, imo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its really minimal so its just two really entertaining people who are legends in large part because they're really entertaining just having fun. The key is basically that they seem to genuinely be enjoying themselves so its fun to watch.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's Ghost Island with jokes and no dud weeks. The advantages mercifully expire before they can build to a poo poo show with 5/6 of the cast immune.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Invalid Validation posted:

What’s the point of keeping it a secret though? Even if you don’t know you have to know they have a chance at an idol when they go there.

Up to now the IOI visitor has been picked apparently at random.
After the reveal I expect the tribe(s) will vote on who gets to go and hang out with Sandra & Rob potentially return with an advantage and information.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

The Walrus posted:

applebees is, by far, my favourite sit down restaurant

who hurt you?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’d probably absolutely love it too if I was starving but gimme a loving break about all those people saying it’s their favorite food ever like they have a gun pointed to their head for an impromptu commercial.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

I’d probably absolutely love it too if I was starving but gimme a loving break about all those people saying it’s their favorite food ever like they have a gun pointed to their head for an impromptu commercial.
Olive Garden fan spotted.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Robnoxious posted:

Olive Garden fan spotted.

Now that you mention it, Olive Garden has the best food I have ever had. Whenever I go out to eat, that is the first restaurant I choose. They have the best breadsticks in any place in the world and I feel like I am in Italy whenever I go. Like they say: “When you’re here, you’re family.”

This post was sponsored by Olive Garden.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 5, 2019

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I once got the pasta pass. That was a weird month.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Please... please stop posting about loving restaurants. Its been two weeks

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's Ghost Island with jokes and no dud weeks. The advantages mercifully expire before they can build to a poo poo show with 5/6 of the cast immune.
Although that just means there's more moving pieces for viewers to keep track of. And I think they dropped that little text display they introduced last season that would tell you what people had.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

The producers are leaving money on the table by not having Rob & Sandra eat food from various sponsors while doing their tribal council commentary. "Uh oh, Karishma's goose is cooked as much as this delicious KFC chicken!"

Fast Luck posted:

Although that just means there's more moving pieces for viewers to keep track of. And I think they dropped that little text display they introduced last season that would tell you what people had.

There's only one person with a legit idol that they found in the forest, right? Who was that again?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

bagrada posted:

There's only one person with a legit idol that they found in the forest, right? Who was that again?

Chelsea, who left with it.

Edit: wait, Jamal found one too

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

bagrada posted:

Chelsea found it and then was immediately voted out with it in her bag.

I can't remember if that means that it's out of the game entirely or if it's been rehidden. She confirmed producers took it from her after she was voted out but if memory serves idols only get rehidden if they're played.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

blue squares posted:

Oh my god you sound like my coworkers

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays...

Maybe should you head over to your local TGI Fridays to relax.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

blue squares posted:

Looks like we got a Golden Corral poster right here.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Out of spite I'll point out that apparently-

If you want to dump somebody, you do it at the Olive Garden in Times Square. You can duck out quickly to a very well connected subway station without ruining a restaurant you actually like.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://twitter.com/RandyBailey1720/status/1191499568468365313

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I've been too busy to listen to much RHAP recently but saw that Coach was on a week or so ago so I had it in my queue to listen to, obviously. Just listened to it and holy poo poo.

In the first minute, this guy delivers. He is quite literally the most insane person to ever grace this show and he's been snowballing the insanity since he was last on TV. Check it out if you want to jump on this bus ride to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

no thanks