Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

e: gently caress, I didn't mean to post the same article again, I kept refreshing "newpost.php" when the forums went down

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

ez just go down the smoky single stairwell

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Said I'm a leave voter who supports Labour's position in the rpelies to Corbyn's tweet and some guy said I was an idiot because the EU is going to collapse and cost us £500bn when it does.

I asked how that's supposed to work.

"The ECJ"

Ask how the EU collapsing causes the ECJ to cost us £500bn...

radio silence

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ThatTimWalker/status/1191692122170314752

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Supermarket managers often absolutely hate their fire doors because you're not allowed to restrict access to them from the inside, so shoplifters like using them to leave. Sets the fire alarm off and everyone mills about wondering what's happening.

If capitalism had its way you'd all loving burn to death to protect the bottles of jack.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Pesky Splinter posted:

"Quick we need something! Anything! Raid through Theresa's bin- ah this'll do!"

“The Conservatives are trying to distract us with bread and circuses, but it won’t work.”

Lib Dem lies - there will be no bread.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Tesseraction posted:

Ask how the EU collapsing causes the ECJ to cost us £500bn...

Also if the EU collapses the ECJ pretty much has zero force behind its judgements so I dunno.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Straight Up Lies have utterly replaced Spin in politics in the anglosphere (and no doubt elsewhere too) and it's extremely disturbing

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Comrade Fakename posted:

Hey, if you guys are doing your election podcast, can you please mention the Momentum digital volunteers thing that I have inadvertently become the thread ambassador for? Here’s a radio-friendly URL for the sign-up form: https://tinyurl.com/momentumvol.

Yes, definitely.

CoolCab posted:

that poo poo is perfect. like, I’m coming into this as a listener totally uninformed - presume you are spreading this to as wide an uninformed audience as possible

That’s absolutely the angle we’re pushing for when it comes to campaigning stuff.

We’re actually going to be recording an episode specifically about the how to’s of campaigning and what you as an individual can do. One thing we’re super keen on is people with experience coming on the pod to talk about things like persuasion strategy and stuff like that for beginners to get out and get involved.

Obviously we’re looking to record that one ASAP, so please campaigny people, come join us even if it is just the one episode you come on for :)

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

How did you manage to get your hands on the Lib Dem manifesto?

Found it in a lucky bag, mate. Cheap junk that fools children into wasting their money only to be inevitably disappointed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I remember hearing rumours earlier this year the Canterbury MP was going to defect to the Lib Dems so I think this isn't quite as outrageous as it looks

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/ElwinWay/status/1191704962730004480?s=19

i probably won't be surprised if a FOIA request 30 years from now reveals that george monbiot was an MI5 guy tbh, his takes on syria have been consistently grotesque

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

absolute brain genius

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rarity posted:

I remember hearing rumours earlier this year the Canterbury MP was going to defect to the Lib Dems so I think this isn't quite as outrageous as it looks

otoh she's one of the most stringent remainers and the woman who told that harrowing story of her domestic abuse and this man is telling her to piss off or he'll take her seat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Top bantz, join the lib dems, get elected, then defect back to labour again :v:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Top bantz, join the lib dems, get elected, then defect back to labour again :v:

Ah but the instant she leaves the Lib Dems the forcefield will dissipate and she'll be held accountable again.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
but it would be really funny watching Chuka getting indignant about party loyalties and demanding they have a by-election

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

If I join the Lib Dems can I replace Chuka and write their manifesto?

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Braggart posted:

If I join the Lib Dems can I replace Chuka and write their manifesto?

Only if you can quote yourself

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think my head just exploded, send help

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1191715037582372864?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
BBC election debate between Tim Walker, Dominic Cummings, and that anti-masturbation doctor on twitter.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The subject of the debate is actually on the powers conferred by not masturbating.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Still catching up on the thread but didnt see this posted yet so

https://twitter.com/KlezmerRouge/status/1191668538060263424?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/CraigMurrayOrg/status/1191690011349045248

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A parody account, apparently.

Isn't she based in noted fan of nuclear missiles country: scotland?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Coohoolin posted:

Yeah I did post it a few pages back.
But I think Natalie Hunter is actually a parody account "BBC Scotlandshire" etc. Though it's being pasted all over FB as if real.
This is bad for Jo Swinson

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao owned u evil poo poo

Coohoolin posted:

was poasted but is a parody account, owns tho

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Hahah, waah waah waah, not my 22k having been paid £80+k for the last 15 years. Eat poo poo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Imagine being a Lib Dem, the party of weak ineptitude, and saying you can't join with Labour because they won't turn the planet into an irradiated wasteland.

loving top stuff and we've barely started.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Genuinely amazed how badly everyone else is campaigning. Surely, surely someone would have figured out how to do at some point this decade.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yeah I did post it a few pages back.
But I think Natalie Hunter is actually a parody account "BBC Scotlandshire" etc. Though it's being pasted all over FB as if real.
This is bad for Jo Swinson

Turns out we can do blatant lies as well, how could the Tories ever expect this?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Economics chat:

Freebie from Verso books (not read it yet so can't comment on content).

https://www.versobooks.com/books/3203-new-economy-starter-pack

Free Ebook: writers on the radical new economic agenda for the left

Neoliberalism is dying, but its replacement is not yet born. The direction of politics over the coming years is not certain, and the left will have to win not only the political fight, but also the battle of ideas.

In this special Verso Report, developed in conjunction with Autonomy, some of the most important left-wing economists and policy makers at work today outline the new economic ideas that will shape the direction of the left in the years to come. From Labour’s “ownership agenda”, moving beyond neoliberalism’s fixation on private ownership towards collective ownership of society’s productive assets, and the position of unions in society, to plans to reduce the time we all spend at work, and new ecological imperatives for the entire economy, The New Economy Starter Pack is a vital resource for those who want a wide-ranging introduction to the new and transformative economic agenda of the left.

Contributors include: James Meadway, Kyle Lewis, Alice Martin, Mathew Lawrence, Cat Hobbs, Will Stronge, Dave Ward, Luke Hildyard, Howard Reed, Laurie Laybourn-Langton, Julian Siravo, and Grace Blakeley.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

1. The Old is Dying | James Meadway

2. A Shorter Working Week | Kyle Lewis

3. The Future of Unions: Rebuilding Collective Power | Alice Martin

4. Inclusive Ownership Funds | Mat Lawrence

5. Owning the Economy | Cat Hobbs

6. Claim Your Commute | Will Stronge

7. A Future for Workers: A Word from the CWU | Dave Ward

8. Maximum Pay Ratios | Luke Hildyard

9. An Income Floor for All | Howard Reed

10. A Sustainable Economy Act | Laurie Langton

11. Towards an Ageing Utopia | Julian Siravo

12. A People’s Asset Manager | Grace Blakeley

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Wear my rosette for me, Ms Duffield. Save me the effort :smuggo:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Genuinely amazed how badly everyone else is campaigning. Surely, surely someone would have figured out how to do at some point this decade.

Labour: We'll sort out brexit, end austerity, improve schools

Boris: Corbyn's a oval office

Rees-Mogg: lmao plebs 2 ashes

Swinson: i'm a big girl and the meany boys are mean and also they should kill more people in nuclear fire

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Braggarty Naptime posted:

Only if you can quote yourself

Done!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

OwlFancier posted:

Everyone else has hosed off pretty much all the key players from their previous election campaigns and are working with a bunch of idiots who've never run a GE before.

Labour have a decent formula from 2017, just need to do it again and bigger and with re-worked targets to reflect how surprisingly effective it was last time out.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

What's the Labour stance on Trident? Corbyn still against it, but the party still in favour?

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

lmao get wrecked idiot

Angela 'Funny Tinge' Smith posted:

“I cannot underestimate my horror in finding in the latest guidance these payments are only available if you stand in the same ‘seat’,” Smith wrote, adding: “The implications of this are terrifying.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

OwlFancier posted:

If you only have one solid policy at most, which is Remain (or Leave), how much can you say, exactly? There's a limit to how many times you can repeat a single talking point

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Economics chat:

Freebie from Verso books (not read it yet so can't comment on content).
ooh ta