Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
after getting my 3rd Lich I found one glaring mistake: once you have the correct combination your Lich is probbaly always level 5, and very difficult to solo (especially since you can't get downed even once, the Lich despawns instantly)

but if you try it in a group all the other Liches have a chance to show up instead, so if you're unlucky you grind even more but this time without gaining murmurs or relics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

after getting my 3rd Lich I found one glaring mistake: once you have the correct combination your Lich is probbaly always level 5, and very difficult to solo (especially since you can't get downed even once, the Lich despawns instantly)

My solution to that problem was to bring an Ivara and a silenced sniper rifle. Although hilariously, on one encounter she ended up appearing during a grineer/corpus crossfire, and although I was invisible I just so happened to be in the way when she used her tether attack on somebody else. Cue me being slammed into a wall behind her.

Also hilariously, I had her spawn right on top of me and insta-blap me to 0 with one shot before I even had a moment to react. On one hand that feels like total bullshit, but on the other hand, haven't we done exactly that millions of times over now?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

but if you try it in a group all the other Liches have a chance to show up instead, so if you're unlucky you grind even more but this time without gaining murmurs or relics

Once your Lich is lvl 5 it has a very high chance to spawn every mission.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Echophonic posted:

I shifted gears to add some cast speed and power to my Vauban. Feels way better.

I'll second the cast speed recommendation... the new casting animations are painfully long, particularly for a somewhat fragile frame.

I've tried two approaches so far. High strength (75% dur) and range/duration/eff (40% str). The former seemed kinda meh; the 3 second delay on his new 3 (for only so-so damage with so-so AOE) kills it; it was just quicker/easier to shoot them. His buff grenade was noticeable, but not worth the bother/risk given the low duration, imho anyway.

The later plays kinda like Nidus without the tankiness or group utility or damage potential. Worse, you'll need to fight with the 'press or hold' action on his 2 and 4, particularly if you're in a laggy environment.

I might spamming teslas and tether grenades as a kind of poor man's slowva next.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Echophonic posted:

I shifted gears to add some cast speed and power to my Vauban. Feels way better.

I'll second the cast speed recommendation... the new casting animations are painfully long, particularly for a somewhat fragile frame.

I've tried two approaches so far. High strength (75% dur) and range/duration/eff (40% str). The former seemed kinda meh; the 3 second delay on his new 3 (for only so-so damage with so-so AOE) kills it; it was just quicker/easier to shoot them. His buff grenade was noticeable, but not worth the bother/risk given the low duration, imho anyway.

The later plays kinda like Nidus without the tankiness or group utility or damage potential. Worse, you'll need to fight with the 'press or hold' action on his 2 and 4, particularly if you're in a laggy environment. And, of course, bastille now costs more(!)

I might spamming teslas and tether grenades as a kind of poor man's slowva next.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 5, 2019

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My lust for Grineer weaponry is going to drag me back to fight liches, no matter how annoying they are.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
We need a captura for our Orbiter.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1139431-the-old-blood-hotfix-2604/

"Fixed a loss of functionality when petting a mature Kubrow."

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Yeah, lots of great changes in this hotfix. Could probably just c+p half the thread.

quote:

Stockpiled Kuva Weapons: Receiving a better duplicate Kuva weapon after you’ve put work/Forma into an existing one can feel rather disappointing. With that in mind, we’re working on a “duplicate consumption” mechanic where you can combine 2 of the same Kuva weapons, thus transferring its buffs while preserving your Forma and Exilus investment, ergo relieving you of your inner turmoil.
Larvling Lich creation will be truly opt-in. Some people want to see the world drown in Kuva and others just want to live a Lich free life! For those that don’t want to be hounded by a Kuva Lich, we’re changing the way Larvlings are killed in order to attain a Kuva Lich. Larvlings will have the same pre death setup as Thralls, except the Mercy action is only available to the player who damaged them last. At that point you either walk up and press X to initiate the Mercy (required for Kuva Lich creation), or just walk away and leave them to eventually die on their own after 15 seconds, thus opting out of Kuva Lich creation.

quote:

Mercying a Thrall now has a 5% chance to drop 500 Kuva or a Requiem Relic, adding another reward vector in the steps that are required to Vanquish/Convert a Kuva Lich. Requiem Relics play a very key part in the Kuva Lich system, and our goal with this change is to conjoin the Thrall hunt on (what is currently) normal mission modes with your eventual Requiem Relic hunt.
Increased the drop chance of each Requiem Relic in Kuva Siphon missions from 30% to 50%.
Tweaked the Requiem Murmur discovery requirements for each hint to reduce initial ramp-up:
Instead of each Murmur requiring the same amount of Hints, the first and second Murmur require 60% of what they used to, with the last Murmur requiring 140%.
Excess Murmur progress now carries over to the next Murmur to allow for faster Murmur discovery.
Known Requiems that you discover from using your Parazon on your Kuva Lich are now immediately visible on the UI as a permanent known Requiem.
Requiem Mods and Relics can no longer be Taxed by your Lich.
Ingame Murmur popups now show progress, in the form of a progress bar, from your previous Murmur discovery. This progress bar will not be displayed if you’ve solved all the Murmur hints.
Testing a Requiem on a Lich now advances Murmur progress.
A transmission will now play when a Kuva Larvling fails to spawn.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

:eyepop:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Thank christ, now I can stop worrying.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Admittedly the part where the Kuva Lich would yoink your requiem relics/mods was incredibly funny. Awful, but funny.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Just note the first quote is "coming soon" and the second is "in the hotfix now" so don't try to mash your magnetic stubbas into something useful ... yet.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

quote:

Mercying a Thrall now has a 5% chance to drop 500 Kuva or a Requiem Relic, adding another reward vector in the steps that are required to Vanquish/Convert a Kuva Lich. Requiem Relics play a very key part in the Kuva Lich system, and our goal with this change is to conjoin the Thrall hunt on (what is currently) normal mission modes with your eventual Requiem Relic hunt.

welp,

The thralls were dropping requiems, not requiem relics, and that's now been hotfixed. Also, the kuva reward was removed in the hotfix.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

that's a very good change, let me mash this 54% toxin kohm into my 28% rad one and keep all the forma? now we have a reason to kill liches that have weapons we already own.

other changes are kind of no brainers, utterly conforming to our stereotype of good but maybe not the most precient DE.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Prop Wash posted:

welp,

The thralls were dropping requiems, not requiem relics, and that's now been hotfixed. Also, the kuva reward was removed in the hotfix.

wait so they hotfix thralls dropping the mods AND removed the kuva drops?

heck

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

So i found my fist lich to keep, they have a kuva brakk which I don't care for, and they have the name RITO EGG.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Guilty posted:

Wukong Prime handsdown. Someone a few pages ago posted a wukong clone build with acceltra weapon and this has pretty much absolutely destroyed anything that's level 50 or below. Spy missions, defenses, the build is just so flexible and easy that I can just afk some missions.

It's also insanely tough since cloud Regens your health

Wukong [Prime] is so tough that it took like a month before I even realized what his passive was :v:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sandweed posted:

But they don't because helping new Tenno is the true endgame.

:3: I love this attitude.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Those upcoming kuva weapon changes look fantastic. Now a good reason to keep farming on the side for that max roll.

I'm eager to try out the new murmur changes as well. Progressing on lich attempts is great, along with overflow going to the next murmur.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
So just to clear it up, the percentage bonus on kuva weapons is added damage, not damage conversion from IPS to that type.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Starting to despise disruption just because I can’t listen to music while playing it and it refuses to drop me the gauss chassis.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Phobophilia posted:

So just to clear it up, the percentage bonus on kuva weapons is added damage, not damage conversion from IPS to that type.

The elemental damage increases the base damage, and is further increased by mods. If you put a 90% Heat mod on a Kuva weapon you get 0.9 * (Base IPS + Elemental Bonus) Heat damage.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Starting to despise disruption just because I can’t listen to music while playing it and it refuses to drop me the gauss chassis.

Yeah, they need to really fix the visibility factor of the flashes that tell you the way it's coming from, or make the radar indicator show up better, cause I can barely hear the beeping from the drat things.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

skull mask mcgee posted:

Wukong [Prime] is so tough that it took like a month before I even realized what his passive was :v:

I keep getting reminded what his passive is by bullet jumping into my own acceltra rockets. Happens at least once a day.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Raptor1033 posted:

I keep getting reminded what his passive is by bullet jumping into my own acceltra rockets. Happens at least once a day.

"How did you die as x" "my Penta does like 50k" is one of the most common conversations I have in WF

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
49% heat Drakgoon immediately after getting a 25% toxic Drakgoon. I'm happy and angry at the same time.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Okay I have a suite of unrolled Riven Mods. Let me list their weapons:

Ankyros
Drakgoon
Gammacor
Gaze
Karak
Kesheg
Nukor
Quanta
Quartakk
Sarpa
Scourge
Soma
Tonkor
Vaso

Which ones are total garbage that I should transmute?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I'd be interested in the quartakk one if you're thinking of getting rid of them anyway.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

So, Drakgoon, Karak, Quartakk, Tonkor got new Kuva variants, so they'll be in demand.

Gaze is a kitgun, kitguns are already OP.

Nukor has some reddit meme poo poo around it, leading to higher than normal prices.

Vasto is a good revolver, Sarpa is a gunblade that's mostly good for armor stripping with Shattering Impact. Scourge and Soma are good.

So uh, not that many actually, Ankyros P was freshly unvaulted, Gammacor has terrible disposition, I literally don't have an opinion about Kesheg, so...

I'd say Quanta, Gammacor and Kesheg are the ones you can safely transmute, maybe Ankyros too, because it's completely uninspiring, and someone who knows more is gonna call me an idiot in five seconds.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I dunno if anyone mentioned it, but when they said they sped up casting speed on abilities for Vauban, it also completely removed the charging time from photon strike so it just occurs instantly now, it makes him way more usable alongside the improved cast speed on everything else.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

through a lot of repeated testing it appears that you cannot spawn a kuva larvling on a certain planet.

I cannot make my Kuva Lich's birthplace be Uranus.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Complaining made the last gauss part drop, I’m free of disruption that doesn’t drop orange stuff.

Now I just have to actually rank up ostron, god help me.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

SIGSEGV posted:

I'd say Quanta, Gammacor and Kesheg are the ones you can safely transmute, maybe Ankyros too, because it's completely uninspiring, and someone who knows more is gonna call me an idiot in five seconds.

nope, seems correct

I'd keep all the other rivens and roll them with the insane amount of kuva that's coming in

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/kathanious/status/1191858821293125632?s=20

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

When are these bums gonna buff my girls Garuda cast speed?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

When last I played they were going back-and-forth on nerfing Mesa by making Arcanes not apply to her Regulators. How did that shake out in the end?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Synthbuttrange posted:

through a lot of repeated testing it appears that you cannot spawn a kuva larvling on a certain planet.

I cannot make my Kuva Lich's birthplace be Uranus.
This is outrageous - first they block me from hitting nightwave rank 69, then they remove Titt, now this. They can nerf and take my kuva but going at incredibly immature dumb jokes is over the line

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Today I learned they didn't limit condition overload's damage to cap to 3 status effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Today I learned they didn't limit condition overload's damage to cap to 3 status effects.

You mean... wait did they straight up buff CO, then?