Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

I really loved this episode. Any recommendations of podcasts like this episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Yeah this was the first Patton Oswald episode I listened too and it was funny as hell, I was laughing out loud in my car throughout both episodes. The three have great chemistry together.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

zenguitarman posted:

Yeah this was the first Patton Oswald episode I listened too and it was funny as hell, I was laughing out loud in my car throughout both episodes. The three have great chemistry together.

Check The Cereal Men then, it also has Patton and is great.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
Patton is also in the Boston Corbett episode, about the guy who killed John Wilkes Booth. Killing Booth is probably the least interesting thing he ever did. It's a good episode.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Anytime I hear a dumb nickname, I think back to Patton slowly going insane over the terrible nicknames in the Corbett episode and smile.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Lost my poo poo at Nancy saying the American Legion orgy thing.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Lost my poo poo at Nancy saying the American Legion orgy thing.

Unlike Ronny, her eggs came pre-scrambled.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Patton really knows his history, I'm super impressed with the guy. Like, I knew he was good but the fact that he had stuff to add on to Dave's commentary really showed his chops.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Cyril the Swan is a great episode, but it became even better once I learned what Cyril actually looks like:

Somehow it's more hilarious than I imagined in my head.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/remembering-best-mascot-fight-english-football-cyril-swan-vs-zampa-lion

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Anytime I hear a dumb nickname, I think back to Patton slowly going insane over the terrible nicknames in the Corbett episode and smile.

this is my friend chip smith, and his nickname is "runnin down to the store to buy grits" smith

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Patton really knows his history, I'm super impressed with the guy. Like, I knew he was good but the fact that he had stuff to add on to Dave's commentary really showed his chops.

One of the thing that makes him a good comedian is that he's a well-read, intelligent guy who doesn't use it against his audience, but rather he uses it to make them laugh

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

El Gallinero Gros posted:

One of the thing that makes him a good comedian is that he's a well-read, intelligent guy who doesn't use it against his audience, but rather against his wife

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
got his rear end

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
The bad part about all the episodes that focus on older events is that Dave always takes primary sources at face value, even if they're yellow newspapers publishing fantastical lies and silly propaganda.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Yeah I was thinking this about the UK gin episode when he said a drunk lady mistook a child for a log and threw him into the fire.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Whoolighams posted:

Yeah I was thinking this about the UK gin episode when he said a drunk lady mistook a child for a log and threw him into the fire.

Lol

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I was thinking of 160 proof gin by the pint

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Whoolighams posted:

Hey, you eat a few meat pies and poo poo happens.

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Veskit posted:

I was thinking of 160 proof gin by the pint

We call that Tuesday night around here

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

When I saw the title of the last UK episode I was like, aww, they had such crazy stuff leading up to it, "the time people really liked gin" sounds like an underwhleming way to end the series.

Boy was I wrong.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
The frank lloyd Wright one is really :stare:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh hey, they are finally coming back to Florida in May

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Veskit posted:

Lol I can’t wait. When I was 17 I visited Falling Water and even the tour guide had to use some euphemisms for his odd “personality.”

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Veskit posted:

I'm only halfway through and it's hilarious then it got dark real quick!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

seiferguy posted:

I'm only halfway through and it's hilarious then it got dark real quick!

dave kind of hosed that bit up slightly, basically the dude who slept with a hatchet by his bed would also spend hours holding a knife through a window staring at it and he did actually get fired on august 1st and was kept on for 2 more weeks before he had to leave, which is why on the 15th he killed everyone

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

That episode was insane, but more importantly The Dollop is coming to my city.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

They're coming to mine too but the fees per ticket are insane-$12/ticket. I'll just listen to the episodes later. loving Ticketmaster.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Maybe the venue sells them directly too? Sometimes you can just pay face value, might be worth a shot.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Elitist Bitch posted:

They're coming to mine too but the fees per ticket are insane-$12/ticket. I'll just listen to the episodes later. loving Ticketmaster.

Email them or try over twitter so dave has more fuel to his Ticketmaster furor

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Elitist Bitch posted:

I was about to call you out for complaining about $12/ticket but then I realized you said fees and fuuuuuuck Ticketmaster.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Snowy posted:

Maybe the venue sells them directly too? Sometimes you can just pay face value, might be worth a shot.

This is what happened with the Durham show earlier this year - Dave went on a tirade about exorbitant Ticketmaster fees, and told people to call the venue directly. I did, and managed to get way better seats for face value.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Definitely check the venue itself. All but one place I can think of here lets you buy direct instead of dealing with ticketmaster.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Roses are red
violets are blue
your whole family is dead
im gonna put it in you

:lol:

oh poo poo this FLW episode is good.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I didn't know there was any new episodes because the libsyn site hasn't been updated

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
The Swedish dollop live show was very good about a big energy princess and her insane king brothers. Also Dave and Gareth being befuddled by the HRE.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hutter posted:

The Swedish dollop live show was very good about a big energy princess and her insane king brothers. Also Dave and Gareth being befuddled by the HRE.

Ohman, I can't wait. :allears:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Hutter posted:

Oh noooooooooooooo

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
What is the HRE?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I'm trying to find a Dollop episode that I remember a bit from, but not the topic itself (at least, I'm pretty sure it's from a Dollop). :shrug:

There was a tangent where Dave talked about how American frontiersmen ate absurd amounts of meat and developed indigestion or heartburn as a result and called it "Americanitis". Google and the show subreddit aren't super helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.

Forceholy posted:

What is the HRE?

The Holy Roman Empire. Though their confusion did not take up much of the show, it was just one bit I found charming.