Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

ronya posted:

Will the upcoming Clause V meeting drop the commitment to ending freedom of movement?

+ many obvious briefings that 2019 will be similar to 2017

- it will make Credible Leave Option a hard sell. CON is still the main opponent, not LDEM (too far behind) or SNP (too far ahead). Insofar as the tactical ambiguity is still being won very, very hard at this point, one might as well go all the way.

Easy punt is for the manifesto just not say anything about it.

Conference suggests the platform should be global freedom of movement, which the shits aren't going to include so I'd suggest they will talk it up in a EU context rather than the full motion. It's going to be disappointing.

63 is the number of groats in a guinea in British pre-decimal currency, which might become important again if the Brexit Party win big.

namesake fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tories furiously digging ditches in the hopes boris will fall in one and die, making them an honest party.

Ikwaylx
Aug 19, 2011

Drop the bandibass!

sebzilla posted:

Over that 20 week period the Tories went up about 3% and Labour up about 12%

If the same happens this time it'll be painfully even again. We really need either a quicker boost than 2017 or a Tory drop.

Hoping for a BXP surge :hotpickle:
This is about how I feel as well, the big thing why the 2017 election was so even was because it was basically a two horse race between Lab and Tory where both had ridiculous high shares of the overall vote each.

Frankly, we need the BXP to gently caress over the Tories and it makes me want to be sick just saying that :smith:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
if anyone wants the audio

https://twitter.com/Engineer4EU/status/1191773678767394818?s=20

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

It's not just Islington the Lib Dem's are bullshitting about, I've been bombarded with letters/leaflets the last 4 days all saying Labour can't win in Finchley & Golders Green, where 'What party am I in this week numbskull' Luciana Berger's running for them.
Labour were ~1600 votes shy of the Tories in 2017, Lib Dems were nowhere. Is this poo poo even legal? The only source they say id some Survation poll from October, but not what question was asked of the people surveyed.
While we're on that subject, has anyone here ever been surveyed for any of these polls? I've been asking everyone I know recently and no-one ever has.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

There's something about the recording quality which makes this sound like Andrew Bridgen is in fact Peter O'Hanrahanrahan

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Genuinely thought the JRM comments were a parody. For some reason I thought 'the poors died at Grenfell because they were too stupid to save themselves' would be a bridge too far even for a Tory. More fool me.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Stolen from USPOL
https://twitter.com/Relentlessbored/status/1191489878724403200

:thermidor: :thermidor:

(also his wife killed 2 people while driving their boat and will be fined as much as $10000)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jacob rees mogg would actually have used his galactic brain to will the fire out and also turn the tower into 30 luxury apartments that nobody lived in, thereby actually making them the safest possible form of accomodation.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Goldskull posted:

It's not just Islington the Lib Dem's are bullshitting about, I've been bombarded with letters/leaflets the last 4 days all saying Labour can't win in Finchley & Golders Green, where 'What party am I in this week numbskull' Luciana Berger's running for them.
Labour were ~1600 votes shy of the Tories in 2017, Lib Dems were nowhere. Is this poo poo even legal? The only source they say id some Survation poll from October, but not what question was asked of the people surveyed.
While we're on that subject, has anyone here ever been surveyed for any of these polls? I've been asking everyone I know recently and no-one ever has.

I've been polled for some of the national Survation ones because I signed up on the website in the hopes of getting £50 in about four years time.

The local ones seem to be phone polls though.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Goldskull posted:

Does it matter?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Necrothatcher posted:

What does the thread think about canvassing and poppies? I wouldn't ordinarily wear one, but at the same time I don't want its absence to be a lightning rod for arguments.

Is it a hill you're prepared to die on?
I don't mind the poppy per se, but it's become such a symbol of right wing aggression and part of the fetishisation of the military that has flourished since the 1980s. If you don't wear a poppy you hate Britane and are boyz etc etc.
There are arguments over white poppies everywhere, some people get deeply offended by them.

I found a poppy last year and have carefully preserved it for reuse.
Yeah, I'm a big coward.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Holy poo poo whichever goon this was you’ve made newspapers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
you're trying to make people vote labour and its a tiny thing just do it imo

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Jose posted:

you're trying to make people vote labour and its a tiny thing just do it imo

Seriously.

If Jam Grandad can do it, you can too.

It's only for like, a week.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Goldskull posted:

Yeah, I’m in the same constituency and have had three or four mailshots from the libdems in the past week (their survey, which seemed to be what they’re using to get their idiotic graphs from, was returned with ‘gently caress off piss-tories’ scrawled on it, everything else went in the bin). Kind of hoping really that I get some of their canvassers visiting so I can tell them just what I think.

Incidentally had labour canvassers in force out on our estate today, and I heard quite a few other households declare either for labour or that they hadn’t decided yet; this place has historically been full of turkeys-for-Christmas working class tories, so I’m hoping it’s a good sign.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Wear a big poppy on your crotch like the ones on the taxi grills, when asked about it just tell them it's in honor of the privates

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

My first clip tonight. I'm nervous our candidate will be utter bobbins and depress me, seeing as this place is Tory heartland.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Sorry, forums are being weird

quidditch it and quit it fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 5, 2019

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sinky posted:

Stolen from USPOL
https://twitter.com/Relentlessbored/status/1191489878724403200

:thermidor: :thermidor:

(also his wife killed 2 people while driving their boat and will be fined as much as $10000)

This is a take so staggeringly bad that it really beggars belief.

Also, fair play, that last line "I just need to pull up my socks...oh wait I don't have socks" is very funny

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

found a poppy last year and have carefully preserved it for reuse.

Take it out the vase JA, they're plastic

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's not strictly UKPOL but it is a UKMT theme:

https://twitter.com/Seej500/status/1191369044336742400

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Trickjaw posted:

My first clip tonight. I'm nervous our candidate will be utter bobbins and depress me, seeing as this place is Tory heartland.

look on the positive side, a seat in Tory heartland means you're unlikely to get a careerist melt as a candidate so in theory you're more likely to get a good egg who's a true believer

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Sorry, forums are being weird

I feel like we're tenants of SA, paying our rent (disappointingly frequently for me) for a broken and mouldy home with a rodent poo poo everywhere (👋). If this thread is truly Left, we'd have VideoGames against the wall by now.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Now the gammons have no excuse to criticise you

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Rarity posted:

Yeah, this. Like, those posts were a bit iffy but they've apologised to me and I've accepted it. Please don't hound them any further.

Sorry for wading in, it wasn't my place to do so.

Private Speech, sorry for taking my bad morning out on you.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

Now the gammons have no excuse to criticise you

The Respects are off the scale!

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Ratjaculation posted:

I feel like we're tenants of SA, paying our rent (disappointingly frequently for me) for a broken and mouldy home with a rodent poo poo everywhere (👋). If this thread is truly Left, we'd have VideoGames against the wall by now.

the real UKMT landlord experience

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Oh great someone down the road got hold of some illegal/industrial grade fireworks again and it's like a 12 gauge being fired next to my head every few minutes

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
they really should make it so you can only buy 'silent' fireworks

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

DesperateDan posted:

Oh great someone down the road got hold of some illegal/industrial grade fireworks again and it's like a 12 gauge being fired next to my head every few minutes

This is one of the few nights a year I wish I lived in a tower block. We always used to go to my mate's brother's flat on the 19th floor and could see a hundred displays in one night, and people would only occasionally deliberately aim rockets at us.

Also I'm keeping up my 100% record of having weird pets - my dog, for the 11th year running, is refusing to give two shits about the fireworks and is in fact snoring loudly enough to drown them out. My cat, meanwhile, is desperate to go out so he can see what all the noise is about.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

DesperateDan posted:

Hey I didnt know you lived on my estate!

It sounds like a civil war out there, and there aren't even any Spanish anarchists

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

e: ^^^a shameful civil war

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

How the gently caress are they supposed to scare off ghosts

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

gently caress if I'd thought on I'd have gone out and climbed roseberry topping, it probably looks fab from up there.

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

Or at least make big noisy boomers illegal. Also your firework idea.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I have no trouble believing that if JRM found himself inside Grenfall, at any time, he would have been out of there in a flash. then burnt his clothes. And bathed in bleach.

Also UKMT stop me being terribly uninformed re: Brexit. Has the NI border issue been sorted out?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Borrovan posted:

How the gently caress are they supposed to scare off ghosts
Tape player on a weather balloon that sails the skies going "ooooOOOOooooOOOO I'm Jeffrey Epstein" :ghost:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bessantj posted:

Has the NI border issue been sorted out?

Boris wants to put it in the irish sea.

So, I mean, as far as the EU and sinn fein are is concerned it has :v: