Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

trak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mariana Horchata posted:

shits terpy fam

that's exactly what i thought too lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People need to stay in their lane about marvel movies tho. They mean a lot to people and it's counterproductive to be an edgelord about the real social support and community they give marginalized people. lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah! posted:

lmao piss :d2a:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

Delaware sucks and must be obliterated

Unperson_47 posted:

working hard

Nichael posted:

thank you!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Gringostar posted:

TRuMP

https://i.imgur.com/zuhCgfB.mp4

seems like he should go to jail for lying this much in his original testimony

I'm the van driver casually pulling into the lane furthest from idiot truck driver

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
im a polllll mannnnnnnn doo doo doo dun doo dun doo doo

im, a polllllllll maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn doo doo doo dun doo dun doo doo

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mad.radhu posted:

imagine thinking this was true

https://twitter.com/psychdr100/status/1191777784764350465

it's gonna be a collective crack ping when the 5-4 comes down

If I'm Robert's already concerned about the peasants questioning my authority why do I want to give them an excuse to pack the court?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1191809373561069577

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Marvel movies increasingly require investment in the mythos to enjoy, which is kind of the opposite of the atemporality you're pointing out?

no it's a shrinking in time, movies are built upon the framework of a shared cinematic language, the increasingly self referential within this framework creates a sort of loop, which I conjecture must necessarily be shrunk, and I think we can look to endgame 1 and 2 or even black panther as to how this might appear.

the history of no history. the context of no context.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

People need to stay in their lane about marvel movies tho. They mean a lot to people and it's counterproductive to be an edgelord about the real social support and community they give marginalized people. lol

Can I just like marvel movies for the dumb action and not think about any meaning the plot is supposed to project?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

brugroffil posted:

been meaning to watch Death of Stalin for a while now

it is a documentary

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
lol

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1191764936155942913

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
True Fuckin Mop

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TMMadman posted:

Can I just like marvel movies for the dumb action and not think about any meaning the plot is supposed to project?

pretty sure that's valid

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

UFOTacoMan posted:

you can't wear no shoes...idiots

My home county lol

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

power word- Jeb! posted:

its funny how originally dilbert was about how dumb your boss is

A boss with stupid hair, no less.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so when is anyone going to ask whether the bidens actually were up to shady poo poo in ukrane

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whatever gets you in church

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

Delaware sucks and must be obliterated

yeah sure, destroy “delaware”

why not go after narnia or agrabah or the north pole, while your at it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TMMadman posted:

That's how you're supposed to consume them.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

apparently, that caterpillar stays lubed up all over with a liquefied silk it produces

its moth form looks like dull, too. butterflies and moths are cool as heck

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched The Witch again last night and it's still pimp.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

That's how you're supposed to consume them.

yeah you're supposed to let the regressive social ideas and toxic masculinity settle down into your subconscious and reorder your reactions

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

so when is anyone going to ask whether the bidens actually were up to shady poo poo in ukrane

they were

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

no it's a shrinking in time, movies are built upon the framework of a shared cinematic language, the increasingly self referential within this framework creates a sort of loop, which I conjecture must necessarily be shrunk, and I think we can look to endgame 1 and 2 or even black panther as to how this might appear.

But... but endgame in particular requires at least passing knowledge of everything that came before, and everything that came before pointed forward. It's a clear temporality.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

haha oh boy

the acquittal will be awesome

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Voting in PA after work, I saw people talking about Marsy's Law earlier. Why is it bad again?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Rudy's in serious trouble I think. At some point soon Trump is gonna figure out that Rudy is the bottleneck to all of this and if he just jettisons him he can deny everything much more easily.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Buying on margin but an app this time

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zqm18qjL5U

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

they were

i mean it seems pretty hosed up that the vice president's son was doing shady deals in foreign countries but what do i know, im just a simple country lawyer

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Someday it's going to come out that the only thing that saved Eric from MJ was that he and Donald couldn't agree on a price

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJgv-qBBT3Y

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

i mean it seems pretty hosed up that the vice president's son was doing shady deals in foreign countries but what do i know, im just a simple country lawyer

remember when warren couldn't commit to not letting that happen in her admin? lol

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Colonel Campbell Sir, this is a mcdonalds

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Voting in PA after work, I saw people talking about Marsy's Law earlier. Why is it bad again?

we already live in a horrific police state

victims rights is nonsense white vigilantism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lol of course they're italian

our disabled friend went to an italian wedding and afterwards they sent a letter chastising her for her measly $100 donation and the fact her support worker didn't give them anything

also she was a bridesmaid but they demanded her and her wheelchair stay out of photos

Durf has issued a correction as of 21:16 on Nov 5, 2019