Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Top class trolling from the Jeremy Corbyn twitter account. The replies are full of people who haven't watched the video and think he means a Bolshevik revolution :D

The content of the video is also very powerful and inspiring, but who cares about that when there are lols to be had?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

"You gathered 119 red poppies but unfortunately also picked up 32 white poppies, meaning you miss out on our top prize of a respectful family day out at a military-themed paintball park."

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

They really are the party of "I want to speak to the manager" aren't they?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Private Speech posted:

Crosspost from CSPAM because loving hell:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/jill-hughes-claims-to-be-from-sirius-1-6356375

Too many quotes in here to highlight

Absolutely. Batshit. Insane. BREXIT

That seems a little on the nose.

Oh right, 2019.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
gonna spend the rest of the evening trolling fubpees with "yes I think the leader of the 3rd party who has a strong Remain voice should definitely be invited to the debate"

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

xtothez posted:

They really are the party of "I want to speak to the manager" aren't they?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think the lib dem leadership has simply bought their own bullshit about them somehow becoming a major party again and this is gonna bite them hard as the accusations of hypocrisy and vote splitting start getting traction.

Julio Cruz posted:

my cat is 100% unbothered by the fireworks when he's indoors but he keeps wanting to go outside then thinking better of it when he's actually presented with the opportunity and it's a lot louder and closer

So in other words your cat is a cat?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

jabby posted:

So just today the Tories have:

1) Insulted the victims of Grenfell
2) Released a doctored video of Keir Starmer and been called out on it
3) Leaked a briefing document forbidding Tories from signing pledges to protect the NHS or prevent climate change, but expressly allowing them to pledge to protect shooting animals for sport.

Guys, we can only use so much ammunition. Pace yourselves!

I posted this a few hours ago, and before even the six o'clock news the Wales minister was being asked to step down for a cover-up scandal that wasn't even in my list.

How the gently caress are Tories so bad at this?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Junior G-man posted:

Honestly, if Islington North turn LibDem you all really should flee the UK. You can stay over at my place for a few days.

Finally, a live show

Steve2911 posted:

Is there any list of goons featured on the podcast by their usernames - or is that left intentionally vague? I feel a need/compulsion to mentally link these disembodied voices to an avatar.

I will actually get round to doing this in full at some point

jabby posted:

I posted this a few hours ago, and before even the six o'clock news the Wales minister was being asked to step down for a cover-up scandal that wasn't even in my list.

It’s great OP

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Anger as government lists Grenfell firm as approved contractor

Government has allowed the people who put the murderous cladding on Grenfell to continue making high-rises.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/arron_banks/status/1191801026355113984?s=21

I think it’s actually amazing that the right wing in this country have decided this is a hill worth dying on; that poor people who died in a massive fire caused by corporate negligence were just thick as poo poo.

Not that they think it, that they’ll proudly and defiantly proclaim it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Anger as government lists Grenfell firm as approved contractor

Government has allowed the people who put the murderous cladding on Grenfell to continue making high-rises.

I don't know all the facts on this, so feel free to correct me, but did this firm just use what would have been an approved material and get roped into being complicit?

E: actually a very quick read seems to suggest they used said material to outbid a competitor, so gently caress the cunts,

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

jabby posted:

Gotta get all this stuff out before the election actually starts!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Today is a good day, for me https://twitter.com/NevilleSouthall/status/1191828258138075137

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jabby posted:

Have they beaten TIGFCUK for "Labour is too racist for us, we're all about the funny tinge people" expediency yet?

Noxville posted:

I think it’s actually amazing that the right wing in this country have decided this is a hill worth dying on; that poor people who died in a massive fire caused by corporate negligence were just thick as poo poo.

He must know about the containment. He's doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEpLKRkVFwU

Ratjaculation posted:

I don't know all the facts on this, so feel free to correct me, but did this firm just use what would have been an approved material and get roped into being complicit?

E: actually a very quick read seems to suggest they used said material to outbid a competitor, so gently caress the cunts,
It was "not recommended for structures over 10m" I think and 20p/m² cheaper. That's what 72 lives are worth.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

This JRM poo poo has made me miserable all day, I don't know how he continues to surprise me with his absolute elitist evil poo poo but he does

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Noxville posted:

It is genuinely surprising that they're blaming dead victims of a widely known tragedy and firefighters, those are two pretty easy to defend groups of people.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Yeah uh, helloooooo, if you didn't want to get burnt to death maybe you shouldn't have been in a burning building? It's this little thing I call common sense that you simple commoners might have heard of before. Also another protip maybe just maybe try not being a loving flammable carbon-based lifeform if you're gonna be in an oxygen rich atmosphere, I mean come on, do I have to spell this out for you

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Well I mean, I think she wanted to out this paedo ring because of the morality of doing so and is frustrated that she could've done so three years prior but was forced not to. That must be frustrating.
A few years ago there was an interview with Sascha Baron Cohen when he was filming Who is America, and they planned a segment where he was trying to wind up this concierge with increasingly disgusting requests, and he asked something about a party with little boys, and the concierge said something like 'we can put you in touch with someone.' He was so freaked out by it they cut the segment and handed the tapes over to the FBI.

Sometimes I wonder what role that played in things, like if the investigation had already started, if it pushed it in a new direction, if it confirmed suspicions, or if it was another data point in an already massive landslide. When everything eventually gets declassified it's going to be fascinating reading.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Vitamin P posted:

It is genuinely surprising that they're blaming dead victims of a widely known tragedy and firefighters, those are two pretty easy to defend groups of people.

The only part that actually surprises me is that they seem to be trying to turn it into an election tentpole.

I mean I hope they quintuple down on it over the next few weeks and reveal the depths of their ghoulish depravity in full, but it's still truly weird timing

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Saw a chap checking through Twitter on his phone on the train home. Lots of political tweets, including a Daniel Hannan one.

Then he clicked on a Big Nev one, and I smiled.

Then he blocked him, and went back to looking at a Farage tweet.

I'm not sure if he heard me muttering 'oval office' under my breath. I like to think so.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Pretty sure this is fully deliberate, and the Tories are going full Trump/culture wars as one of the arms of their election strategy, hoping to pick up the bitter, hateful segment of the population who probably smirked and joked when Grenfell went up

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Bit nosey.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
"I do wear my poppy but to show it I'd have to drop my pants"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BBC News seems to be going in on Mogg a bit at least.

e: Scratch that - "he's clearly apologised very sincerely"

stev fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 5, 2019

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Vitamin P posted:

If I was in the war I would have run AWAY from the gunfire and shells unlike those IDIOT MORON soldiers

And that is why I won't be wearing a poppy this year

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Tigey posted:

Pretty sure this is fully deliberate, and the Tories are going full Trump/culture wars as one of the arms of their election strategy, hoping to pick up the bitter, hateful segment of the population who probably smirked and joked when Grenfell went up

Yeah, I find it very hard to believe that this isn't entirely intentional; it's trivially easy nto to gently caress this stuff up, and they're making an active effort to appear just straight up comedically evil, because they know it appeals to a subset of the population who they're enabling to be loud and violent, because they've seen it work in other countries; the USA, Brazil, Russia, Turkey, etc etc etc etc.

It's fascism.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

The only part that actually surprises me is that they seem to be trying to turn it into an election tentpole.

But they must know the 'Yeah but staying put is the best strategy, that's actually what those little numbers on round metal plates are on doors, it's how many minutes that door will hold the fire back. The problem was that the outside of the building was flammable because narrative-direction-the-tories-really-don't-want' is the obvious reply.

I'd been thinking the BREX/Tory non-alliance was kabuki theatre, that they were planning to reconcile before the election date, but this poo poo is making me think otherwise. The only benefits to this weird stance are a. it highlights to big money that the Tories are absolutely on their side literally regardless of basic human morality and that maybe brings in a few hundred thou and b. it's trying to stop the most base voter switching to BREX, it's saying yeah those mostly ethnic-minority poors in Londonistan? We'll loving insult the dead on them, we'll call them stupid cunts the nation is probably better off without and we'll get away with saying it too, rejoin us you eternal anglo you don't be swayed by Pied Nigel.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Tigey posted:

Yeah I feel like this wasn't really a gaffe, I don't think it was deliberate but I think "poors and ethnics die to save money" has huge majority support in the tory party.

I was talking about this over dinner with me mam and it seems like labour doesn't really have a unifying message that everyone in the party can agree on, even "tax the rich to support everyone else", red meat for one part of the base will upset another part.
Whereas red meat for the tories is just anti scrounger stuff, tough on crime, deport the blacks etc, that plays or at worst doesn't hurt with 90% of their base.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
TL:DR Javid tried to / did use Civil Service to cost Labour's plans. (Breach of protocol or decorum or something).

https://www.ft.com/content/9a99b986-fffa-11e9-b7bc-f3fa4e77dd47

Javid fury as Labour spending analysis is blocked.

(Sorry not copying article as contravenes T&Cs. You can read it for free if you register).

also reported here: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/treasury-retreats-from-costing-labour-manifesto-wcq6hvfjf

here too: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/05/tories-prevented-from-using-civil-service-to-rubbish-labour-plans

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 5, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vitamin P posted:

Pied Nigel.
I'd believe it, but is there any evidence?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Vitamin P posted:

I thought this too. Surely it would've been easier and-or smarter to throw the council / building management under the bus instead?

Seeing as they've got plenty of evidence of hazards being raised with both bodies, the company saving a few quid by using lovely materials and gently caress all was done about either.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
The last couple of days have really highlighted to me that the tory party is just loving disintegrating. So many 'moderates' quitting, the 'gaffes' that ten years ago would have seen people slung out on their ear, the sheer bloody incompetence of their electoral strategy so far compared to what seems like a labour blitz. Just ideologically brain dead and going through the motions.

The problem is so many low-information voters just aren't going to realise and still loving vote for them out of inertia. Just look at those replies to Corbyn's revolution tweet and how few people even bothered to watch the first ten seconds of video. Depressing, as much as I hold out hope for real change.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

RockyB posted:

The last couple of days have really highlighted to me that the tory party is just loving disintegrating. So many 'moderates' quitting, the 'gaffes' that ten years ago would have seen people slung out on their ear, the sheer bloody incompetence of their electoral strategy so far compared to what seems like a labour blitz. Just ideologically brain dead and going through the motions.

The problem is so many low-information voters just aren't going to realise and still loving vote for them out of inertia. Just look at those replies to Corbyn's revolution tweet and how few people even bothered to watch the first ten seconds of video. Depressing, as much as I hold out hope for real change.

Yesterday I saw comments under Chukka's article on why Jo 'I'll skweem and skweem until I'm thick' Swinson should be invited to the ITV debate slagging off Chukka/Labour obviously under the impression that Chukka is still in Labour.

The level of political knowledge amongst regular people is so poor.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I'd believe it, but is there any evidence?

Evidence for what? Broad Tory fear that Farage and the Brexit Party will lead their voters away is pretty well supported.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vitamin P posted:

Evidence for what? Broad Tory fear that Farage and the Brexit Party will lead their voters away is pretty well supported.

Vitamin P posted:

Pied Nigel.
In which I imply he is an associate of the late Jeffrey Epstein.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
To be fair to them it wouldn't surprise me to wake up tomorrow and find Chukka back in Labour. As if they'd have him. Maybe the Brexit party?

In less nihilistic news, Crace is a bit hit or miss for me normally but this is an excellent headline:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/05/jo-swinson-fails-to-tread-line-between-ambition-and-delusion

Guardian seem to have put on their big girl pants and are getting close to actually fully endorsing labour for this election.

RockyB fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 5, 2019

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

RockyB posted:

Guardian seem have put on their big girl pants and are getting close to actually fully endorsing labour for this election.

toxx this statement you coward!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

In which I imply he is an associate of the late Jeffrey Epstein.

Not often I'm out-Epstein brained but yeah I see it, wasn't doing that angle though.