Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1191885844430372864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

My family is from there. A Dem winning is... remarkable.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ague Proof posted:

At least Bevin will no longer be America's most unpopular governor.
It still pisses me off that a bunch of people ON OBAMACARE voted for him when he was very explicit that he was going to get rid of Kynect

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump will claim that Bevin had to beg, like a dog, for his endorsement and that he only gave it reluctantly because he never truly embraced the Trump way.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

OhDearGodNo posted:

I was hoping Rashid would win my district, unfortunately he’s at -20%.

On the delagate side it’s looking closer that Josh Cole might win this year. I hope so because honestly if this area swings left it shows the expansion of NOVA can really entrench Dems into the GA.

So far, I don't think any of the VA House candidates I supported (Alcorn and Hyde) look like they're going to win. It's a bummer, but I'll be more than satisfied if Robert Tracci and Bryce Reeves are defeated.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm okay with O'Keefe "investigating" Epstein's death. Worst case, he successfully smears the Clintons, who are increasingly irrelevant to American politics, and Veritas spends time and resources on this instead of something actually harmful. Best realistic case, he outs some pedophiles. Best case, he outs some pedophiles and gains the unwanted attention of a bunch of very wealthy, very powerful, and very secretive elites and finally faces some consequences for his bullshit.

He and his Veritas cronies are seeping pustules on the diseased rear end of democracy, but if they want to kamikaze into an elite pedophile ring, then good on 'em. No matter who loses, we win.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Charlz Guybon posted:

Where are the VA results?

How is Lee doing?

Dunno. Lee posted something on twitter saying ‘my demise has been great my exaggerated’

I was looking at NYT, no needle.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
it's worth keeping things in perspective about ky. It's great that bevin's (probably) out, but it's not like it's The Bluenami
https://twitter.com/jennifereduffy/status/1191887319453843458
https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/1191885224512278529

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Governor Bevin please challenge Mitch, he's forcing kids to get vaccinations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Charlz Guybon posted:

How is Lee doing?

Dems are ahead in enough races to win the house of delegates but it's not been called and no idea how firm those results are. They've won the state senate.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Woah.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Lol bunch of senators are now sitting around pondering just how much of a liability trump really is if loving kentucky can go blue

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
better late than never
https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/1191889192407588864

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Man I forgot about that.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Charlz Guybon posted:

How is Lee doing?
It looks like Carter is going to keep his seat. 53-47% with 94% reporting.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Lol bunch of senators are now sitting around pondering just how much of a liability trump really is if loving kentucky can go blue

it's more that trump can't save someone unpopular by nationalizing the race rather than the state going blue - downticket republicans are winning handily. it's good news and suggests trump's power over his base is overstated but it doesn't mean KY is in play in 2020.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Milosh posted:

Kentuckians splitting the vote and voting for dems and republicans is really bad news for McConnell next year.

Hopefully my home state doesn’t gently caress this up.

It’s interesting, but governors don’t have the same partisan stickiness that senators do. Let’s hope that changes. I’d rather see Mitch lose and Dems take the Senate than Trump lose tbh

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1191889867468398599

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

So far, I don't think any of the VA House candidates I supported (Alcorn and Hyde) look like they're going to win. It's a bummer, but I'll be more than satisfied if Robert Tracci and Bryce Reeves are defeated.

The state is still fairly gerrymandered, for example my district is VA 28 stretching from PWC then splitting with half going out to Colonial Beach and the other going west towards Locust Grove.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man I forgot about that.
I guess they finally figured out who belonged to which district.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

paternity suitor posted:

It’s interesting, but governors don’t have the same partisan stickiness that senators do. Let’s hope that changes. I’d rather see Mitch lose and Dems take the Senate than Trump lose tbh

this is the wrongest of wrong takes

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

OutOfPrint posted:

I'm okay with O'Keefe "investigating" Epstein's death. Worst case, he successfully smears the Clintons, who are increasingly irrelevant to American politics, and Veritas spends time and resources on this instead of something actually harmful. Best realistic case, he outs some pedophiles. Best case, he outs some pedophiles and gains the unwanted attention of a bunch of very wealthy, very powerful, and very secretive elites and finally faces some consequences for his bullshit.

He and his Veritas cronies are seeping pustules on the diseased rear end of democracy, but if they want to kamikaze into an elite pedophile ring, then good on 'em. No matter who loses, we win.

Or he successfully smears the Clintons and clears every Republican involved.

You don't need to make a deal with the devil on this, there's tons of actual, non scumbag reporters working on the story.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The fact that it had to be from a film canister probably wasn't even the weirdest part. Our governmental systems are such garbage.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/costareports/status/1191890235514400770

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

YES!!!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

evilweasel posted:

it's more that trump can't save someone unpopular by nationalizing the race rather than the state going blue - downticket republicans are winning handily. it's good news and suggests trump's power over his base is overstated but it doesn't mean KY is in play in 2020.

The other really big thing is that he'll still be governor for the next redistricting cycle and will be in a position to veto any ridiculous gerrymander. Oh, and he intends to re-enfranchise 140K Kentuckians.
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1191889867468398599

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

:sun:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

evilweasel posted:

Basically Trumps name and endorsement isn’t an asset and might actually be a detriment.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

evilweasel posted:

Doesn't have to be in play, just important that a bunch of congress folks remember that being wildly unpopular has consequences no matter what their little feel good fox-bubble says.

Yeah this. If unpopular pols are losing in 45 point swings what does that potentially mean for unpopular senators defending an unpopular president against popular charges

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 6, 2019

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

On the macro level if Trump can’t rally the troops using his own campaigning and personality in ruby red KY of all states it bodes poorly for him.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol the VA GOP's stupid transphobic bullshit is backfiring again, even harder this time. get hosed McGinn

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Basically Trumps name and endorsement isn’t an asset and might actually be a detriment.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Doesn't have to be in play, just important that a bunch of congress folks remember that being wildly unpopular has consequences no matter what their little feel good fox-bubble says.

yeah, that's the key part: the entire republican strategy right now is about nationalizing everything as ARE YOU WITH THE LEADER OR ARE YOU A TRAITOR and if that doesn't get you 50.1% in kentucky that's, uh, not super for republicans

but it does mean that dems everywhere still need to run good races instead of just hoping trump backlash wins

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Is Beshear a lock? He's only up by about 20,000 votes and the only counties still left to report are rural ones. :ohdear:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/parscale/status/1191567921992081408

Wormtongue reports.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Sydin posted:

Is Beshear a lock? He's only up by about 20,000 votes and the only counties still left to report are rural ones. :ohdear:

the people calling the race are aware of this and making basic guesses that it's wildly improbable for them to possibly break strong enough to save him

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
So let me get this straight: Kentucky changed elections so that governors are elected in the year before presidential elections, favoring GOP in these races.

But... The MAGA governor was such an unlikable shithead that people showed up in record numbers to get rid of him. And as a consequence, the new governor can restore voting rights to tens of thousands of black felons, who are about to be uniquely motivated to vote next year?

lol if KY goes blue in 2020

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sydin posted:

nobody itt is qualified to answer but the guy who is says that yes, beshear is a lock

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Not surprised, if they think trump isn’t bringing people out to vote and is possibly making poo poo worse than they will stab him the back.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

evilweasel posted:

yeah, that's the key part: the entire republican strategy right now is about nationalizing everything as ARE YOU WITH THE LEADER OR ARE YOU A TRAITOR and if that doesn't get you 50.1% in kentucky that's, uh, not super for republicans

but it does mean that dems everywhere still need to run good races instead of just hoping trump backlash wins

agreed. ironically this doesn't change much for dem calculus, it's really GOP who now need to factor in some pretty crazy new data points

E: A lot of people underestimate just how quickly senate Rs would gleefully stab Trump in the back the second they think he will sink their chances. Nearly everyone in congress on either side of the aisle cares about staying in office far, far more than anything else.

Also I would kill to be a fly on Costa's wall right now

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

oxsnard posted:

So let me get this straight: Kentucky changed elections so that governors are elected in the year before presidential elections, favoring GOP in these races.

But... The MAGA governor was such an unlikable shithead that people showed up in record numbers to get rid of him. And as a consequence, the new governor can restore voting rights to tens of thousands of black felons, who are about to be uniquely motivated to vote next year?

lol if KY goes blue in 2020

non-violent criminals, not 'black felons' wtf