Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That being said I might actually listen to the podcast just to find out how big of a piece of poo poo Jericho really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm glad I don't know anything about Japanese politics. I'll never know if Tanahashi is the Japanese equivalent of a chud. And I can shout "go ace!" at my TV when he faces Jericho in January. (Actually whisper it at my laptop because my wife will still be asleep when wk is on.)

Japan is like the US in the 1980s, regardless of how much of a poo poo heel the current LDP PM is at any given time, people still respect the office. Very Reagan vibes. Tanahashi meeting Abe would be like when the 1980s Miami Hurricane teams presented Reagan with a custom jersey.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I'm disappointed in Jericho and I'm disappointed AEW hired Hager, but until AEW starts accepting blood money from a despotic kingdom and have one of the owners working on Trump's re-election campaign, I'll continue to give them the benefit of the doubt for now (though the fact that the Khans donated to Trump/the RNC is also another knock against them).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The reality is WWE's spent decades working up the ill will it has so AEW has a lot of rope to hang itself with.

None of that makes what Jericho did ok and gently caress that rear end in a top hat and I hope the backlash is bad enough that they decide to give Cody the belt.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

STAC Goat posted:

That being said I might actually listen to the podcast just to find out how big of a piece of poo poo Jericho really is.

All Jericho is going to do is go "hmmm yeah that's cool just like these knife sponsors I've got, buy em"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Abe though isn't super liked and Kidani seems to hate him so yay New Japan

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

This is not now, nor has it ever been, a good excuse for platforming white supremacists or fascists.

History has documented this time and again. We start building camps, and everybody goes "I don't want to talk politics," and then atrocities happen and history, if fascism loses, rightly shits on those people for standing aside and letting it happen.

This isn't even standing aside. This is handing Jimmy Hitler a microphone and your cultivated audience of fans and saying "go, fascist! Radicalize!"

I apologize for coming off like I was trying to justify it. It was more of a "this might be why" as opposed to "It's ok because".

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

here's the real question: would it be more or less gross if they mentioned the Don Jr. interview to get Jericho heel heat?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Didn't a NJPW guy get into some light social media bother for criticizing Abe a while back? Taichi maybe?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

here's the real question: would it be more or less gross if they mentioned the Don Jr. interview to get Jericho heel heat?

Equally as gross. Trumpist poo poo overloads the scales of awful.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

The reality is WWE's spent decades working up the ill will it has so AEW has a lot of rope to hang itself with.

None of that makes what Jericho did ok and gently caress that rear end in a top hat and I hope the backlash is bad enough that they decide to give Cody the belt.

Yeah, as much as I think it'd be a bad look for Cody to get the belt so soon, I can't say I'd have a problem with it now.

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

That'd probably be the thing that made me stop watching, if they did that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

It wouldn't be "more gross" so much as it would be "extra gross". If that makes sense. It would be just as gross as if Jericho just did it on his own but then would also be gross on new levels and with new assholes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gonna laugh my rear end off if Jericho chudded himself into Plans Changing at Full Gear.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Please try to find a version on somebody else's Youtube or something.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm disappointed in Jericho and I'm disappointed AEW hired Hager, but until AEW starts accepting blood money from a despotic kingdom and have one of the owners working on Trump's re-election campaign, I'll continue to give them the benefit of the doubt for now (though the fact that the Khans donated to Trump/the RNC is also another knock against them).
Bad things are bad even though there are worse things.

Nobody's going to make you stop watching AEW. But you don't have to talk yourself into thinking this bad thing isn't that bad. You can just be mad at Jericho for doing this and AEW for not stopping him or punishing him and then just still watch the show. You can even correspond with the company to let them know you don't think this is okay and still watch the show, and then you'd actually be doing something that isn't pointing at a worse thing to say the bad thing is okay, actually.

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

IF Jericho gave the kind of interview that made it clear he was making a fool of Don Jr., and undermining his message AND the company played it as if Jericho was buddying up to fascists AND this was obvious enough that most people got it?

It would still be bad. It wouldn't be as bad. But it would still be bad.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 6, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cody, playing 4th dimensional chess, convinces Jericho to have DTJ on his podcast so when he wins the title at Full Gear that's all people will talk about instead of the boss putting the belt on himself

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't a NJPW guy get into some light social media bother for criticizing Abe a while back? Taichi maybe?

first i've heard of it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That'd probably be the thing that made me stop watching, if they did that.
Yeah, it would be a real knock on my interest in AEW. It probably wouldn't like fully turn me away but I'm not exactly watching AEW religiously right now so it wouldn't help develop the habit. Its one thing for Jericho to be scum but if AEW is pulling poo poo like that gently caress them.

LividLiquid posted:

Yeah, that occurred to me after posting. I probably don't want to contribute to boosting his numbers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Just going to step in here to say, LL, this is where things usually end up becoming tense. Sydney was 100% saying the Jericho thing is bad, but that until they do something as bad as WWE, he will keep watching. He was saying 'thing bad, but not yet bad enough for me to give up'. This is what often happens and then you get upset because you think people are saying something else.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I can imagine most wrestlers just wanting to be silent just cause the Japanese media can be super lovely about harassing people if they have a hint of scandal. See how they handled the Kyo-ani fire reporting

I was actually expecting a huge anime/wresting media poo poo storm when Okada married Mimori but was super happy when it didn't happen

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

Cody, playing 4th dimensional chess, convinces Jericho to have DTJ on his podcast so when he wins the title at Full Gear that's all people will talk about instead of the boss putting the belt on himself

This would be the most Triple H thing yet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The words "benefit of the doubt" actually indicate that the transgressor is being absolved of fault until proven otherwise. LL is not wrong to take it that way.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If y'all are disappointed in this, the barest minimum of action is better than doing or saying nothing.

https://twitter.com/SofaJustice/status/1191909252174008322

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Gaz-L posted:

Funny enough that I was reading Taichi's Wikipedia page and it mentioned something about him being suspended for months with a 30% pay cut so I looked it up again and saw this instead. He cheated on his wife! That bastard!

I would like to know who this person is as well.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Schneider Heim posted:

Funny enough that I was reading Taichi's Wikipedia page and it mentioned something about him being suspended for months with a 30% pay cut so I looked it up again and saw this instead. He cheated on his wife! That bastard!

I would like to know who this person is as well.

Did he cheat on her with Miho?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Just going to step in here to say, LL, this is where things usually end up becoming tense. Sydney was 100% saying the Jericho thing is bad, but that until they do something as bad as WWE, he will keep watching. He was saying 'thing bad, but not yet bad enough for me to give up'. This is what often happens and then you get upset because you think people are saying something else.

Exactly. And for the record, when AEW had that survey, I absolutely noted that hiring Hager despite his transphobic views was absolutely something they needed to address. And I also feel that even with that, AEW is still light years beyond WWE in regards to being inclusive and progressive.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fatherofmustard posted:

Did he cheat on her with Miho?

I assume not, but that she was there looking alarmed as she carefully and apologetically cleaned up after him and his mistress in the motel room.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no but the leaked texts were pretty good. shibata had a chappin scandal too

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
they should have nyla beat hagar.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m gonna punch Jericho in the mouth when I see him next. I don’t care he’ll wreck me on the return but it’ll be worth it.

Trash.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

AkumaHokoru posted:

they should have nyla beat hagar.

And then fire him.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

For sure in a company where you can pick your champion Jericho shouldn't be representing it even as a "bad guy". Especially when there are more than a few better options.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

LividLiquid posted:

Bad things are bad even though there are worse things.

Nobody's going to make you stop watching AEW. But you don't have to talk yourself into thinking this bad thing isn't that bad. You can just be mad at Jericho for doing this and AEW for not stopping him or punishing him and then just still watch the show. You can even correspond with the company to let them know you don't think this is okay and still watch the show, and then you'd actually be doing something that isn't pointing at a worse thing to say the bad thing is okay, actually.

They didn’t say this. You should spend more time reading what you’re responding to.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I know. I saw.

This whole thing has really deflated me. I couldn't enjoy Dark. I hope I can check back in for Dynamite after a night's sleep. :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Real talk anything Trump touches rots on the vibe so AEW is done. Jericho was a WWE plant the entire time.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'm so mad I'm gonna boycott Full Gear and focus on a form of entertainment completely devoid of chuds, such as

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

Real talk anything Trump touches rots on the vibe so AEW is done. Jericho was a WWE plant the entire time.

Trump and vibe should never be used in the same sentence, as one brings women pleasure, and the other does exactly the opposite.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/1191738775031836678

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

An important and good post :hai:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Aprons are an important part of any chef's arsenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

IDK what this was a response to

https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/1191216963055489024