Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Just saw in Missisippi the Dem governor canidate is anti abortion and pro gun. So gently caress that

Yup yup. We yearn for a candidate as leftist as Buttigieg. The third party candidates are all right, as far as I'm aware. The race is coming down to the expected 55/45 split that is the usual for state-wide elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Lol

https://twitter.com/bgpolitics/status/1191913365506912256?s=21

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

She blew out her previous numbers too, right? By like, a lot.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Trump should come here and do a rally for Ben Sasse next.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/JulianCastro/status/1191911651794137091

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sydin posted:

Metcalfe County is the only precinct left in Kentucky that isn't 100% in. Bevin currently leads it with 2,185-1,413 with 92.3% reporting. There's no way that remaining ~8% will get him 5,800 votes he needs to make up the difference.

Barring absolute horseshit recount shenanigans, Beshear has mathematically locked it up.

Why is it always down to these comically tiny margins though

Why are we split so freakishly down the middle as a populace

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Huh, that election tightened up a close while I wasn't paying attention for the last hour. What't the threshold for a recanvas/recount?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Man, for guys that love Jesus and Bethlehem, they sure do hate sanctuary.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More flips

https://mobile.twitter.com/DLCC/status/1191912006418341889

https://mobile.twitter.com/DLCC/status/1191913279293153280

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Data Graham posted:

She blew out her previous numbers too, right? By like, a lot.

She is extraordinarily well liked in her district because well...she is loving amazing

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In case you were curious Fox News doesn't seem to realize there were elections today.

Apparently Democrats and the media are working with the Mexican Cartels and China to bring down Trump and Jesus or something.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

friendbot2000 posted:

She is extraordinarily well liked in her district because well...she is loving amazing

The first time she just loving campaigned on "hey this road sucks lets fix it" and the other guy ran on not letting people pee where they want and surprise people said "yeah she's right that road does suck."

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

friendbot2000 posted:

Danica has the smart electoral strategy of "address the issues my constituents care about like traffic" and it worked well for her. Meanwhile her opponents tried culture war anti-trans bullshit two times in a row and got destroyed.

Take a shot a listen to Danica's cool metal band Cab Ride Home \m/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

Danica has the smart electoral strategy of "address the issues my constituents care about like traffic" and it worked well for her. Meanwhile her opponents tried culture war anti-trans bullshit two times in a row and got destroyed.

Take a shot a listen to Danica's cool metal band Cab Ride Home \m/

This GOP canidate in this election had waaaayy more anti trans attacks from what I saw too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Beshear’s giving a good victory speech.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Huh, that election tightened up a close while I wasn't paying attention for the last hour. What't the threshold for a recanvas/recount?

There isn't one. Bevin can pay for a recount if he wants, but I don't see him conjuring up 6,000 votes that don't exist.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Slowpoke! posted:

I imagine they have primaries and Mississippi Dems backed him for reasons. Maybe because a traditional Dem can’t win the general.

I wouldn’t poo poo on them too much. We might end up nominating Joe Biden for similar reasons.

Mr Interweb posted:

one side wouldn't gerrymander the dems out of existence

skeleton warrior posted:

In the South?

* Environmental laws might exist under Dems
* Black people might be considered something close to humans under Dems
* Medicare money from the government won’t be refused by Dems

All right, thank you all! My apologies if that was a silly question, it can sometimes be hard to unpack what exactly people consider distinguishes a Republican from a Democrat aside from larger hot-button issues such as the second amendment and abortion. Especially now, considering how keen the GOP is (has been?) to crowd out anybody who doesn't steadfastly follow the Trump administration's lead.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo virginia is having a good night. Wish Mississippi would do that but that'll never, ever happen.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i guess we can call the kentucky election the bowling green massacre

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

In case you were curious Fox News doesn't seem to realize there were elections today.

Apparently Democrats and the media are working with the Mexican Cartels and China to bring down Trump and Jesus or something.

Bless you for your service! :)

https://i.imgur.com/uCIWHni.mp4

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Isn't one.

He'll definitely demand a recanvas. They'll just make the voting machines recount the votes, the same numbers will pop up and nothing will change. It costs the state money, it doesn't cost the person asking for the recanvas anything.

Then he can pay for a recount to be done. Bevin has already spent a poo poo ton of money on this campaign, so he'll probably do that too.

After that, he can file an election contest with the courts, again on his own dime. He's already claiming that there were irregularities with the election process, so maybe he's planning on going this route.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
VA will find out quick.

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1191917075264155648

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Bevin can gently caress off back to Colorado.

Here's hoping Beshear's victory stands.

E: 'sup Lexington goons

NecroBob fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 6, 2019

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Goddamnit Mississippi. This state loving sucks. I'm leaving.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

NecroBob posted:

Bevin can gently caress off back to Colorado.

Here's hoping Beshear's victory stands.

Heres not wanted here either.

Pal.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

evilweasel posted:

yeah, that's the key part: the entire republican strategy right now is about nationalizing everything as ARE YOU WITH THE LEADER OR ARE YOU A TRAITOR and if that doesn't get you 50.1% in kentucky that's, uh, not super for republicans

but it does mean that dems everywhere still need to run good races instead of just hoping trump backlash wins

Yeah, this is his strategy, but if they don't turn out it's worthless

https://twitter.com/guycecil/status/1191730388693073920

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mayor flip in Kansas

https://mobile.twitter.com/DKElections/status/1191918292933496832

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Hey, so it's not Kentucky level news, but lemme talk a bit about the Philadelphia elections.

It was a municipal election. City council, judges, other judges, more judges, and the mayor. This is an election everyone in the city knows doesn't matter, because the Democrats will sweep everything and the republicans will get their three pity seats on the council. This time four years ago, I had a turn out of 48 in my district, and spent most of it napping.

Two hundred and nine people voted! God drat. People were excited to get out and vote today. I've completely lost my voice from shouting nonsense at the public and as far as I can tell, the same happened everywhere in the city.

There was no big get out the vote effort--right now, the vote WANTS to get out.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Boston city council looks like it'll be majority female for the first time ever. A few years ago Ayanna Pressley was the only female member

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

Hey, so it's not Kentucky level news, but lemme talk a bit about the Philadelphia elections.

It was a municipal election. City council, judges, other judges, more judges, and the mayor. This is an election everyone in the city knows doesn't matter, because the Democrats will sweep everything and the republicans will get their three pity seats on the council. This time four years ago, I had a turn out of 48 in my district, and spent most of it napping.

Two hundred and nine people voted! God drat. People were excited to get out and vote today. I've completely lost my voice from shouting nonsense at the public and as far as I can tell, the same happened everywhere in the city.

There was no big get out the vote effort--right now, the vote WANTS to get out.

The energy is incredible folks. I have never in my life seen the democratic party so goddamn energized.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also the Dem probably wouldn’t refuse Obamacare for his state out of sheer spite.

The Republican Insurance Commissioner who wrote and submitted an Obamacare exchange is winning by the biggest margin so far. He got overruled, of course. Even if Hood wins, he won't have the authority to expand Medicaid. That's still up to the legislature.

Also, no joke, any serious statewide candidate that's pro choice and pro gun control is going to have serious assassination attempts. You need a no kidding John Brown I want to die making this happen person if you want to hear those positions out loud.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

friendbot2000 posted:

The energy is incredible folks. I have never in my life seen the democratic party so goddamn energized.

Now to keep it up and build off it for 2020. Not just for the Presidential but for the other House and Senate races.

Keep that momentum, take it back.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I can't wait to vote for Biden in 2020!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

FizFashizzle posted:

The first time she just loving campaigned on "hey this road sucks lets fix it" and the other guy ran on not letting people pee where they want and surprise people said "yeah she's right that road does suck."

I remember when she won in 2017, her victory speech started off with all the historic moment stuff before veering off onto how the roads suck and teacher pay. She’s god drat inspiration of great campaigning and I’m glad she won.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Charlottesville City elected 3 Dem candidates including one DSA.

https://twitter.com/AnnieOnTV/status/1191895236018085889

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Other news: Monroe County, NY (contains Rochester) gets the first Democratic County Executive since 1991.

https://www.democratandchronicle.co...lfo/4171877002/

(County legislature has tons of close races, but not sure of overall direction).

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The DSA in MI got trounced

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Fox News is portraying it as "AP has just reversed their calling the race to too close to call" and emphasizing Bevins not conceding. Is the bit about AP true? I couldn't tell looking at AP's site.

Even if one candidate doesn't concede why don't the news orgs call it when all the votes are in and counted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I can't wait to vote for Biden in 2020!

It takes real strength of stupid to nothing matters in the face of a huge victory. But you do you I guess.