Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

While writing my ongoing love letter to everything college football I just watched the the KU/TTU ending again and I can't get over how absolutely unimpressed the announcer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGTELj0r5c

To be fair, he's watching KU/TTU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scarf posted:

Oh hey, Playoff Rankings are tonight...

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Alabama
4. Clemson

Lord help NC State this weekend if Clemson is in 5. Dabo will spin that poo poo up so much and have them ready to rip flesh from bone with their teeth.

I'm going to go with

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Alabama

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
They'll put LSU in first for having the most good (for now) wins

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

vyst posted:

I'm going to go with

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Alabama

This is my view on the rankings

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Any reason CBS isn't using one of their primetime slots for Bama-LSU? Are they saving that for a week where there are two good games?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

General Dog posted:

Any reason CBS isn't using one of their primetime slots for Bama-LSU? Are they saving that for a week where there are two good games?
Burned their one afternoon/primetime doubleheader on the week with ND@UGA. They have a second doubleheader, next week for Florida@Mizzou and UGA@Auburn, but that has to be noon/afternoon per the SEC's arrangement with them and ESPN.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Grittybeard posted:

While writing my ongoing love letter to everything college football I just watched the the KU/TTU ending again and I can't get over how absolutely unimpressed the announcer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGTELj0r5c

This one is such a... O_o moment.

it's highly possible/probable that Texas Tech finishes with a worse record than Kansas. Yay!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Burned their one afternoon/primetime doubleheader on the week with ND@UGA. They have a second doubleheader, next week for Florida@Mizzou and UGA@Auburn, but that has to be noon/afternoon per the SEC's arrangement with them and ESPN.

Ah, okay. I thought they had two primetimes per year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michael Penix is out for the season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

penix down

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Oh hey, imma be at that game. Annual dude's overnight roadtrip from Denver to MO.

also :laffo: at the audacity of Mizzou sending this out:

Meanwhile I'm bringing 5 gallons of homebrewed Munich Dunkel and we're pregaming the gently caress out of this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Scarf posted:

Oh hey, imma be at that game. Annual dude's overnight roadtrip from Denver to MO.

also :laffo: at the audacity of Mizzou sending this out:

On the egalitarian side there are three stations by the people sitting on rocks and only one station by the new seats on the other side.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

Oh hey, Playoff Rankings are tonight...

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Alabama
4. Clemson

Lord help NC State this weekend if Clemson is in 5. Dabo will spin that poo poo up so much and have them ready to rip flesh from bone with their teeth.

lol if the committee ruins No. 1 vs. No. 2

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I saw some talking heads being like "Alabama #4??????????" and I was like "maybe if you're drunk right now, yes."

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Henchman of Santa posted:

this seems bad for Indiana

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Were the playoff rankings always on so late in previous years?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Were the playoff rankings always on so late in previous years?

They used to happen while I was at work so no. I don't think it'll be an every week thing though probably, they just have the biggest regular season day of college basketball to cross promote it with tonight

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

penix is insanely good; also having a prominent football player named "penix" is incredible

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Peyton Ramsey is pretty good too but I know hes been banged up

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/theothermegryan/status/1191562081130229765?s=19

Get that money before you finally play a team not starting a third string QB, PJ

Row that gosh dang boat I tell you h-what. I used to dislike PJ Fleck but then he kept beating Nebraska and now I like him

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol Rece Davis just said the best Ohio State win was Cincinnati. They just beat Wisconsin by 31 two weeks ago!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU in the top 4. God bless.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

PSU in the top 4. God bless.

Until 11/23 at least

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

the idea Penn St would beat Clemson is pretty funny

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

lamentable dustman posted:

the idea Penn St would beat Clemson is pretty funny

this doesn't mean they think that

downout
Jul 6, 2009

It's a safe top four. Each team plays each other, and if Clemson wins out then they'll be in.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Yeah, it just means that the molybdomancers interpreted one of the pieces to be a Penn State logo or James Franklin's head or whatever

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
It seems like they went really heavy on strength of schedule and how good the teams you've beaten are based on OSU being 1, Clemson being 5, and Baylor/Minnesota at 12/17. Of course, the one exception is Alabama who should probably be around 6 or 7 by that metric.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
lol at Palmer naming Indiana as a quality win because theyre 7-2. They have beaten zero good teams

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ace Jameson posted:

lol at Palmer naming Indiana as a quality win because theyre 7-2. They have beaten zero good teams

neither has alabama

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sash! posted:

Yeah, it just means that the molybdomancers interpreted one of the pieces to be a Penn State logo or James Franklin's head or whatever
Lol, tonight I learned about molybdomancy

downout
Jul 6, 2009

blackmongoose posted:

It seems like they went really heavy on strength of schedule and how good the teams you've beaten are based on OSU being 1, Clemson being 5, and Baylor/Minnesota at 12/17. Of course, the one exception is Alabama who should probably be around 6 or 7 by that metric.

I'd agree re: Alabama. It looks like the entire SEC got a boost with Auburn's win over Oregon. I'd also quibble with their Minnesota and Iowa rankings because Iowa has played absolutely no one. But we can't just rank those non-power-5 teams below a power-5 team!

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

MourningView posted:

neither has alabama

alabama doesnt have two losses

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

lmao Clemson

ACC is a bad conference of losers

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Current espn announcer on the ball state v w. mich game are salty that the Clemson and Alabama aren't ranked higher. "they're the defending national champions!"

edit: when his co-announcer pressed him regarding clemson he brought up a 50 pt win over wofford.

downout fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 6, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

downout posted:

I'd agree re: Alabama. It looks like the entire SEC got a boost with Auburn's win over Oregon. I'd also quibble with their Minnesota and Iowa rankings because Iowa has played absolutely no one. But we can't just rank those non-power-5 teams below a power-5 team!

Iowa played Michigan and Penn State!

(and lost, but, like, just barely!)

downout
Jul 6, 2009

MourningView posted:

Iowa played Michigan and Penn State!

(and lost, but, like, just barely!)

ahaha as if minny wouldn't have beat Michigan in week ~6. Now? Maybe Minnesota loses? And we shall see on PSU soon.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

blackmongoose posted:

LSU has beaten two teams that they think are better than Wisconsin, which is OSU's best win, so I'd say it's got more to do with eye test bullshit.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

downout posted:

ahaha as if minny wouldn't have beat Michigan in week ~6. Now? Maybe Minnesota loses? And we shall see on PSU soon.

Minnesota hasn't played a team with its starting QB since like week 4

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

LSU has beaten two teams that they think are better than Wisconsin, which is OSU's best win, so I'd say it's got more to do with eye test bullshit.

I think it's more that OSU is beating the absolute poo poo out of everyone they play. They're ranked 1st by the majority of computer polls too and I assume those are not using the eye test