Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-06/nsw-police-strip-searches-on-underage-girls-revealed/11675914

"I've got young children and if I thought that the police felt that they were at risk of doing something wrong I'd want them strip searched". Not only in the case police suspected they'd done something wrong?

Holy gently caress

Take this mother fucker's kids away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Chief Piggum posted:

"The strip-search laws we have in NSW have been well used. Of course, they haven't always been according to the standard operating procedures and anybody that feels that has been done erroneously has got some reply to that."
Word salad.
The laws have been well used but also not followed.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Inceltown posted:

Not that this needs background but have some anyway because it makes it worse. NSWPol have been making a lot of news lately for illegally strip searching minors. A lot of them. We're talking girls as young as 12 here.

So here's what they've decided to post.

Also the number of people responding to this on Facebook with some variation of "omgyaaaas" is WILD.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Then wtf was that election result you toads.

Bleeeeeh

Hnnnnng

:vomarine:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

cohsae posted:

Also the number of people responding to this on Facebook with some variation of "omgyaaaas" is WILD.

Cool and normal.

Anidav posted:

Bleeeeeh

Hnnnnng

Daddy needs a tax break!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Bleeeeeh

Hnnnnng

The beginning of ecofascism

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cohsae posted:

Cops need to be destroyed

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GoldStandardConure posted:

Didn't that Christchurch nutcase cite ecofascism as his core ideology or some poo poo?

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

JBP posted:

Didn't that Christchurch nutcase cite ecofascism as his core ideology or some poo poo?

Not sure if it was his main point but it was definitely mentioned, El Paso shooter cited it as well.

It fits perfectly with the "gently caress off we're full" mindset.

Reffos want to come here and take our jobs
to
Reffos want to come here and take our welfare
to
Reffos want to come here and take our water
to
Reffos want to come here and take our cockroach paste

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

cohsae posted:

It's like the otherwise left leaning folks who have a soft spot for Julie Bishop because they like her fashion choices.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Yeast posted:

If it had happened at an under 16's netball game in Toorak, yeah.

Buuuut it was a music festival, ergo, they're all drug addicted miscreants.

This is it, I think.

I guarantee there are people reading the story that says "Police strip searched 12 year old girl", and instead of thinking "This is outrageous! Police have overstepped their bounds.", are thinking "This is outrageous! Criminals are getting younger and younger these days."

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

Yeah but he cited basically everything from ecofascism to pewdiepie in an effort to make his manifesto as media unfriendly and random as possible, so Fox News etc would double down on the eco bits and scream "HE IS A LEFTIST, AOC CAUSED THIS!" ignoring all the parts about The Great Replacement and The Zionist Media.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is it, I think.

I guarantee there are people reading the story that says "Police strip searched 12 year old girl", and instead of thinking "This is outrageous! Police have overstepped their bounds.", are thinking "This is outrageous! Criminals are getting younger and younger these days."

the digital licence thing sparked a bit of a discussion in my office. as soon as I arrived one of my co workers was very excited to ask me if I had got mine yet. I told him I didnt want any reason for police to have me unlock my phone and present it to them.

he didnt really understand why. hes not originally from Aus so I explained that it could mean the police take your phone and go through it, even though it says you dont have to hand it over etc. and cited the strip search stuff as evidence of cops knowingly breaking the law.

all he could say was 'but cops are the good guys. why would they do any of that?'

then we had a long talk about why you shouldnt talk to strangers, especially the ones that have a blue shirt and a badge.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Anidav posted:

Bleeeeeh

Hnnnnng

The most reasonable response to the climate emergency is to place the transition away from plastic straws in the hands of a government with strong credentials as responsible economic managers

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

JBP posted:

Hell, Prince William made a speech at an Obama Foundation event that was about the need for African Malthusianism, you don't have to go that fringe

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

"Ecofascism is a theoretical political model in which an authoritarian government would require individuals to sacrifice their own interests to the "organic whole of nature"."

not a real thing and never gonna be a real thing. we're just getting the regular kind that'll double down on coal until the oceans go anoxic.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

The Peccadillo posted:

Hell, Prince William made a speech at an Obama Foundation event that was about the need for African Malthusianism, you don't have to go that fringe

Thread Favourite David Attenborough

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

"Ecofascism is a theoretical political model in which an authoritarian government would require individuals to sacrifice their own interests to the "organic whole of nature"."

not a real thing and never gonna be a real thing. we're just getting the regular kind that'll double down on coal until the oceans go anoxic.

Closing down borders, evicting migrants etc in the name of a climate emergency is ecofascism.

How long do you think it will take for Dutton or another jackbooted fuckwit to go "ok, you want us to declare a climate emergency? You loving got an emergency" and begin to pass awful laws (like uranium mining, and clamping down on civil liberties etc) all in the guise of 'the environment'

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Closing down borders, evicting migrants etc in the name of a climate emergency is ecofascism.

How long do you think it will take for Dutton or another jackbooted fuckwit to go "ok, you want us to declare a climate emergency? You loving got an emergency" and begin to pass awful laws (like uranium mining, and clamping down on civil liberties etc) all in the guise of 'the environment'

no its not.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I don't think there's any doubt that there's going to come a day where even if governments aren't full on authoritarian nightmares, they'll at the very least just cut off the third world or wholesale take their poo poo.

Like we might hit targets or whatever and manage things here but the environment will change to some extent and trigger selfishness. I think the only variable is what level of gently caress you got mine manifests in tHe gLoBAl WesT

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

yes it is

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
one of you is saying 'ecofascism' and meaning 'fascism with ecological characteristics'

the other is saying 'ecofascism' and meaning 'fascism with the central pillar being ecology and all fascist action focused on said ecology'

you're welcome

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
grand council of fascism with the planeteers and captain planet as il duce?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

ungulateman posted:

one of you is saying 'ecofascism' and meaning 'fascism with ecological characteristics'

the other is saying 'ecofascism' and meaning 'fascism with the central pillar being ecology and all fascist action focused on said ecology'

you're welcome

no we're not

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Economists from the Commonwealth and Westpac banks are urging the government to bring forward its tax cuts, arguing the push for a budget surplus is "sucking" money out of the economy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I wonder how much the F35s will go for on eBay in 2050 when they arrive

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

JBP posted:

I wonder how much the F35s will go for on eBay in 2050 when they arrive

optimistic to suggest they will arrive by then tbh

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The CFMMEU helped the Coalition win two key seats back from Labor at the May election by funding the campaigns of two independents who sent 1757 votes between them to the Liberal Party.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

The CFMMEU helped the Coalition win two key seats back from Labor at the May election by funding the campaigns of two independents who sent 1757 votes between them to the Liberal Party.

https://twitter.com/PollBludger/status/1191991724052103169

https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC/status/1192017848534585345

And thread:
https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1191993765868621824

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Nov 6, 2019

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...y-came-from-aec

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

very cool that journalists reporting on australian politics just straight up don't understand australia's voting system

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yeah no poo poo

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

We all knew it since the other option was these where made from Beijing, and than it would of been a totally different and louder story

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
it hasn't quite broken to the public yet that the drought in australia, which is killing our proud farmers, is the same drought that's driving the mass wave of migrants from the equatorial regions (and killing the ones that don't leave, via increasingly desperate fights for water and fertile land) and it's all caused by the same thing, which is climate change

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i swear if i see one more article that's titled like "scientists prove drought may be linked to climate change" or "experts say that increasingly devastating bushfires may be linked to climate change" or "opinion: climate change contributes to extreme weather events" i will go instantly insane

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Stevefin posted:

We all knew it since the other option was these where made from Beijing, and than it would of been a totally different and louder story

Even if Gladys did nothing weird that election she should still be stood down, because she is clearly some sort of weird Beijing connected lady.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
On the off chance PPJ reads this, thanks for getting rid of that idiot

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

kirbysuperstar posted:

On the off chance PPJ reads this, thanks for getting rid of that idiot

Empty quote.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nah we all coordinate disciplinary action on discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JBP posted: