Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Aramoro posted:

Vote Leave Condoms.

You put them on in the dark, they’re nothing like you expected them to be, then you fumble for hours trying to figure out how you’re going to take it out, and in the end no matter what happens everyone involved is frustrated?

74% of UKMT posters agree this was a good snipe
Source: YouGov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Slack is a bit like a poo poo(tier) version of discord goddamn

^^^without a poo poo bar graph I'm not trusting that data

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd think leavers were far more into pulling out

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

OzyMandrill posted:

I'm in a village outside Bridgend and plusnet are good enough here. 25mb good, not 66mb good mind you.
Best bit is you get an email account that is anything_you_like@username.plus.net so when you sign up to sites you can see when they sell it on/get hacked (and don't tell you), and block them forever.

Edit: Plusnet also do a referral discount, so if you get someone else to sign up and they enter your username, they get 25p a month off their bill forever...

You can do that with gmail accounts too. Just when you enter your email in a website, use youremail+companyname@gmail.com and it will still go to you. Anything after the + is just for your reference.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

loving amazing

Fake Edit: I'm biased against Jo because she reminds me of the worst girlfriend I ever had.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Aphex- posted:

You can do that with gmail accounts too. Just when you enter your email in a website, use youremail+companyname@gmail.com and it will still go to you. Anything after the + is just for your reference.

That's super useful, thanks!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

malk83 posted:

Didn't realise Jo was Canadian

lmbo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:lol:

Now do her head doing the same.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Johnson really isn't a great speaker. The difference between him and Corbyn talking today is immense, he doesn't sound remotely Prime Ministerial.

Genuinely chuckling to myself all day today about everyone saying "Johnson won't run a terrible campaign like May did".

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Angepain posted:

The line of the window just where her mouth is is strangely unnerving. Not sure if there is really a good solution to where to place that big line over your picture but still. If only the window opened upwards you could move it up and down to make it look like Bus Swinson was talking

I just realised this was exactly what the previous poster meant by "Canadian" and indeed the whole point of posting that image in the first place. I am very smart.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1192071588163850246?s=19

Williamson won't be coming back

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

I just realised this was exactly what the previous poster meant by "Canadian" and indeed the whole point of posting that image in the first place. I am very smart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWg3OyY7nCQ

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
What's with Hepburn and Godsiff? Not heard of those two before.

Angepain posted:

I still don't get it. I'm not very smart today (did not sleep well).

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Hepburn got suspended in October over sexual harassment allegations and Godsiff was facing a trigger ballot after supporting the protests over LGBT+ education in schools

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Godsiff was the one who supported the anti-LGBT education protests.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'd think leavers were far more into pulling out

We all know how effective that method is.....

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Well I'll see who replaces Williamson before saying whether that's a good move or not but the other two seem very sensible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nice piece of fish posted:

Fake Edit: I'm biased against Jo because she reminds me of the worst girlfriend I ever had.

Serves you right for dating a Lib Dem

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

There’s no way the Conservatives will be able to maintain the pace of these self-owns until the election, they’re going to burn themselves out.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/NeepsnTatties/status/1192048739457875970?s=20

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Nice piece of fish posted:

loving amazing

Also the worst member of S Club

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

TACD posted:

There’s no way the Conservatives will be able to maintain the pace of these self-owns until the election, they’re going to burn themselves out.

Hopefully literally.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol Tom Watson spoke up in support of Roger Godsiff get in the loving bin

minema
May 31, 2011
My sister's partner is a lovely guy in every single way except that he used to vote Tory. Two years of my (very leftist, Corbyn supporting) sister trying to persuade him that they're evil bastards and he's contemplating voting Lib Dem this time. :rolleyes: Hopefully he can be brought round as he's a very reasonable man. Unfortunately everyone he knows is a Tory voter and one of his friends did an apprenticeship with Rees-Mogg so my sister's influence has a lot to fight against.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Grey Hunter posted:

We all know how effective that method is.....
Surprisingly high, 78% in typical use. Comparable to the femidom at 79% and male condom at 82%, and better than spermicide at 72% and the rhythm method at 76%.

Absolute garbage compared to proper contraceptive methods like the copper coil at 99.2%, vasectomy at 99.85%, and the implant at 99.95% though. (All cases represent typical rather than perfect use as per CDC.)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Former advisor to Brown and Blair on how the first week in campaigns is so important https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/06/campaign-rollercoaster-election-first-week-blair-brown

Specifically talks about how loving up early means the news talks end up referring to the pressure your campaign is under and focuses on the mistakes and who will be the fall-guy when you lose. Whereas if you are seen as the soaring campaign then, as he puts it, you can literally punch a voter in the face and the world will laugh with you.

And he's right tbf, when Prezza decked that egg man I was hooting and hollering at the drop in decorum.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have bad news about capitalism, lyle.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

minema posted:

My sister's partner is a lovely guy in every single way except that he used to vote Tory. Two years of my (very leftist, Corbyn supporting) sister trying to persuade him that they're evil bastards and he's contemplating voting Lib Dem this time. :rolleyes: Hopefully he can be brought round as he's a very reasonable man. Unfortunately everyone he knows is a Tory voter and one of his friends did an apprenticeship with Rees-Mogg so my sister's influence has a lot to fight against.

Have her do what that American woman did and go on a sex strike unless he listens to Corbyn's speeches willingly.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

Have her do what that American woman did and go on a sex strike unless he listens to Corbyn's speeches willingly.

I feel like this is going to lead to some weird Pavlovian conditioning for him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

quote:

A number of us who are fighting very, very tight marginal seats in Wales have felt increasingly anxious about the story - not just from a PR point of view, the story not going away - but the perception that the party itself isn’t addressing the issue in the correct way.

The nature of the story demands a far better response from the party … It shines a light on the party in Wales. It’s problematic we don’t have a woman in a senior position in Wales, we’ve never had a female Welsh conservative member of parliament and I think that reflects poorly on us in 2019.

-Crabby Steve, admitting the Rape Loving Guy might not be a great campaign mascot

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

Jizza Phwoarbyn

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I've mentioned before but I worked at a call centre for a well known high street brand, mainly checking on orders, ordering replacements & also putting orders in on the website for olds. It was about this time of year I got hired as they took on staff for the holiday season, it was shite dogsbody work but whatever. The centre was open 7 days a week but I never worked Sundays because I use public transport and the local bus service is loving useless on Sundays, thanks Stagecoach, it's definitely 1904 and nae oval office works on the Sabbath. That was fine, they hired me, I got very good at doing the soulcrushingly meaningless work and had excellent call times and responses from customers, etc. So come the end of my temp contract they offer me a permanent position. Not great, but better than signing on. And then suddenly a week before the new contract was due to start the guy from my agency asks me into a meeting room and says actually the contract offer had been withdrawn because they've suddenly decided they need me to do Sundays. Like they hadn't noticed in the previous 3 months, the loving cunts. And then they were like "oh yeah & you can't tell anyone" and I'm all "nope", go to my desk, get asked what that was about and said I'm getting let go because I can't work Sundays. And as a temp working I got gently caress all help from the union rep.

Definitely still bitter about that and I didn't even like the job.

Capita are shite.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Had a bit of a better canvassing session today, convinced a friend to vote labour and met a nice pro european man who seemed willing to give labour a shot based on the party giving him the best shot at staying integrated with europe.

Still frankly find it exhausting though, brings up so much anxiety, tightness in the chest and that. Urgh. Has to be done though. I did meet a nice man from momentum who laughed at my spanish civil war joke so that was pleasing. Never met another real life radical before.

They're gonna set me up with some admin accounts though so hopefully I can help out more there.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 6, 2019

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

-Crabby Steve, admitting the Rape Loving Guy might not be a great campaign mascot

stephen crabb's majority is 314 lmao

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

DesperateDan posted:

Slack is a bit like a poo poo(tier) version of discord goddamn

Other way round, Discord is gamer Slack. Reply threads are good, not have one central website you get on all your slacks through is bad.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Having sex with a Tory must be a lovely experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Necrothatcher posted:

He will only be able to get off to lectures on the benefits of taking public services back into state ownership and hell, :same: