Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
The first volume of the Watchmen score is up, at least on Spotify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

jtr posted:

Awesome!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I would love to buy it from NIN.com in some kind of 24bit release. I don't want to go through Amazon for it, so hopefully it gets posted soon.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
All 3 vinyl albums are out of stock on Amazon now, holy crap. People really like this score.

I hope they do more pressings.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Brick is up there in my list of best Reznor Atticus songs

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Nail Rat posted:

All 3 vinyl albums are out of stock on Amazon now, holy crap. People really like this score.

Hasn't even appeared on Amazon.ca

weird

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Bad idea to have sound clips talking about “black filth” and “race traitors” in the release, imo

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

chime_on posted:

Bad idea to have sound clips talking about “black filth” and “race traitors” in the release, imo

source your dang quotes

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z74G6ZQ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this link works to order the first volume, but it probably won't be shipped for a while if you order now.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

jtr posted:

Do you have a link? All I can find are unofficial playlists.

Edit: nm found it in the Watchmen TVIV thread

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 6, 2019

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

chime_on posted:

garryowen

yeah this whole track could've been left out

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

Well the second two haven't even been released yet.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Molestationary Store posted:

Well the second two haven't even been released yet.

Sorry to ruin the snark but the product pages that used to allow preorders, no longer do.

These are the pages that are linked to from nin.com by the way for preorders.

That said, if you go to any of those pages and click the change format, there's a second page without any artwork (not even the "artwork unavailable" image) where you can do a preorder for a future pressing, but it looks like the first runs of all 3 have sold out.

edit: a bit more info, the new image-less product page for volume 2 says it comes out December 6 instead of November 25. The other two are just 4 days later than the original dates but that seems like it's just a placeholder, because it said it doesn't have an estimated ship date for my volume 1 order.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 6, 2019

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I found preorders for all 3 at srcvinyl for Canadians

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Donovan Trip posted:

garryowen

yeah this whole track could've been left out
Seriously, why is that track even on here? It barely sounds like Trent and Atticus contributed to it.

Objects In Mirror/Kattle Battle own, as do I'll Wait and this:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The Brick is up there in my list of best Reznor Atticus songs

Never Surrender, Muller Time and Owl Hunts Rat too.

Really there's several great tracks on here but also a number of spoken word things that feel like they should've been left out.

This sounds way more NIN-like than any Trent/Atticus score I've heard before. That's a good thing!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh also this is extremely good, my favourite thing on first listen I've heard from Trent in a long time. the first track is pretty cool to space out to while high but I was a bit worried at the direction the album might be going, but then it's just nin instrumental bangers after that for the rest of the runtime

really agreed on the spoken word tracks though, especially the first one. such a bizarre decision considering it's made to be played on vinyl where you can't really skip - does trent really expect us to listen to that garbage every time? I'm kind of ok with it on Mueller Time though.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 6, 2019

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Yeah I'm not a fan of having to listen to the 2 minute hate every time.

It also seems unlikely to be something that would be included on an in-universe album.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah i'm not regretting cancelling my vinyl order from Amazon now, having to hear the KKK hate speech would have been hard to swallow

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This may have been Trents worst call in his entire career on what goes on the record. In context that speech is chilling, on a cool record I'm enjoying the ambience of, hearing it is aggravating as hell

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I'm seriously considering canceling my volume 1 preorder over it. Any time I play that with people around it'll be awkward and alone it'll piss me off.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

just do what record labels would do when they'd send 45 singles to radio stations, scratch out the b-side or any other tracks they don't want played on the radio

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

That sounds really bad for the stylus though. And still annoying to listen to!

Yeah I'll cancel this and finally get around to buying Broken on vinyl instead. That'll put me at PHM through The Fragile on vinyl, plus the Closer to God EP. Gotta catch all the halos...

Hopefully volume 2 won't have any of this crap though since this is apparently Rorschach themed.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 7, 2019

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I can't tell anyone what to be comfortable with, but IMO this isn't exactly fun party music I'll be blasting out my car windows anyway, so I feel like it works just fine for setting the mood.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
I'm just gonna be streaming it on Spotify, so I just take the tracks that I like and add them to my various playlists anyhow, no need for skipping. Totally feel yall that are canceling your orders though. Physical media is different.

That said, Nun With A Motherfucking Gun, I'll Wait, The Brick, and Owl Hunts Rat are really loving phenomenal. Like, really fuckin good.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Soul Trailer

Though I don't think any Trent and Atticus is in it. Movie looks good though

https://youtu.be/4TojlZYqPUo

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 7, 2019

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

oh the rest of the tracks are loving bangers that I would legit spin all day since I work from home but not if that track is gonna be played every 35 minutes.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

trent, release the tension tour bluray

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Pontificating rear end posted:

source your dang quotes

ok it's pretty bad

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Pontificating rear end posted:

ok it's pretty bad

:lol: this is a good payoff.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It’s cuz the show is really bad. The music is the only high point

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

polyester concept posted:

trent, release the tension tour bluray

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Show's good. Music's great. One minute of dialogue on a soundtrack is fine.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I don't think you should use a vocal sample unless it's funny or cool but that's me I guess

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya I just skip over that 7th Calvary monologue, it's not even a good or cool clip. Feels really out of place.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Donovan Trip posted:

I don't think you should use a vocal sample unless it's funny or cool but that's me I guess

It reminded me of those early 2000's albums like Limp Bizkit where a couple tracks would be a dude talking with a modulated voice and it's supposed to be funny- but in this case it's supposed to be... meaningful?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I was just imagining John Williams releasing the Indiana Jones OST with a speech from Hitler in it and laffing

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
x-posting so we can all ride so high and achieve those goals

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Donovan Trip posted:

I was just imagining John Williams releasing the Indiana Jones OST with a speech from Hitler in it and laffing

Dad!

What?

Dad!

What?

Head to the fireplace!

*music starts*

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

algebra testes posted:

Dad!

What?

Dad!

What?

Head to the fireplace!

*music starts*

"We called the dog Indiana...."

*ba-ba-da-BAAAAAAH.... ba-ba-dahhhh... "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Haven’t heard the Watchmen OST but y’all are acting like this sort of thing is unheard of while things like Natural Born Killers and every Quentin Tarantino soundtrack exist