Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shipon posted:

a little bit disappointed they ended the episode with a cruel angel's thesis instead of komm susser todd, but i guess felix hasn't seen end of evangelion yet so

That’s for the 2020 post election episode if Bernie isn’t the nominee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

That’s for the 2020 post election episode if Bernie isn’t the nominee

all of america dissolving into piss

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

how does Felix know who Boyd Rice is.

Felix has made tweets about Rome so I assume he at one point fell down the neofolk rabbit hole during his idle youth.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sana-kan posted:

Felix explaining NGE is loving gold

I liked that he genuinely didn't want to spoil it for people. You can tell how much he liked it just from that alone

coathat
May 21, 2007

Fall Felix that loves anime and packing a fat lip of dip is blessed

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Stuff like this was supposed to be the whole point of the twitch channel!!!

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
That would break up the daily six hour long geoguessr stream

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

coathat posted:

Fall Felix that loves anime and packing a fat lip of dip is blessed

He needs to watch Boogiepop Phantom next.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dimebags Brain posted:

Felix has made tweets about Rome so I assume he at one point fell down the neofolk rabbit hole during his idle youth.

it's like the time he talked about how he was reading those Knausgård books. our big strong gamer boy is full of surprises.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm holding out hope that Jim Sterling moves to MeansTV one day

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

I just want to emphasize for those outside of the circle of people who follow his life, The War Nerd literally came down with the bubonic plague (or a similar bubonic disease), I think some time after he was chased out of East Timor by genocide collaborators.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Paladin posted:

I just want to emphasize for those outside of the circle of people who follow his life, The War Nerd literally came down with the bubonic plague (or a similar bubonic disease), I think some time after he was chased out of East Timor by genocide collaborators.

Jesus Christ. That's a killer story.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Ten minutes into this latest episode, and I have no loving idea what the gently caress they're talking about. :corsair:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

prefect posted:

Ten minutes into this latest episode, and I have no loving idea what the gently caress they're talking about. :corsair:

Evangelion came out in 1995. You can't blame your confusion on being old this time.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gripweed posted:

Evangelion came out in 1995. You can't blame your confusion on being old this time.

Anime is bad.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think you'll find that, much like Felix said, it owns

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Chapo needs to pivot to old anime reviews imo.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

prefect posted:

I thought they were doing a bit as well.

prefect posted:

Anime is bad.

Never trust anyone with an anime avatar is advice to live by.

coathat
May 21, 2007

prefect posted:

Anime is bad.

So racism is to blame then

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I had never watched any anime and in high school my friend brought over End of Eva and I was terribly confused.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Apoplexy posted:

Jesus Christ. That's a killer story.

yea as much as piracy owns people probably should support War Nerd, the man keeps getting 16th century rear end diseases and running afoul of genociders. Also I forgot, isn't he a redemption story where he used to be all "AW YEA JUST GIVE US A FEW MARINES AND LOTS OF BOMBS AND WE'LL SETTLE THIS MIDDLE EASTERN NONSENSE" back in the early 2000's, or am I thinking of a different war dude?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sexpig by night posted:

yea as much as piracy owns people probably should support War Nerd, the man keeps getting 16th century rear end diseases and running afoul of genociders. Also I forgot, isn't he a redemption story where he used to be all "AW YEA JUST GIVE US A FEW MARINES AND LOTS OF BOMBS AND WE'LL SETTLE THIS MIDDLE EASTERN NONSENSE" back in the early 2000's, or am I thinking of a different war dude?

I think you've got to be thinking of someone else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

prefect posted:

I could be, there were a lot of those freaks back then and most of them have either faded away or made some level of 'oh woops this was a mistake that got millions killed' turn.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

prefect posted:

Nope, he used to do like that.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

sexpig by night posted:

He has mentioned a number of times on the podcast that he used to be an American nationalist, and that was always the voice in which he wrote the Brecher columns. But, if he was still sincere by the early 2000s, he/Brecher wasn't a very optimistic nationalist.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Gripweed posted:

The last animes I was into were robotech and star blazers.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/1192087328166166528?s=19

go on the pod

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

"Doctor Thrasher" is a great name, if it's really his name. :rock:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Unless he's a surgeon I guess.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

prefect posted:

The guest having to clarify if this is a thing they genuinely enjoy rather than a bit about some dumb poo poo like that terrible 'I hope they dont kill me' song is almost an unintentional commentary on irony poisoning and it kinda made me laugh

I remember watching the first half or so of evangelion back in my teens but never finishing it and then moving and forgetting the DVDs at my old place so a couple years ago I was like "I'll just read about the ending on wikipedia" and boy does that not translate to a concise text description

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/DSCDPAdmin/status/1192099484487933953

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Helpful and correct

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1192092264492937217?s=20

:bernget20:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'll give the Trump boys one thing - it's very obvious their poo poo wasn't ghostwritten like pa's.

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1191705086709370881

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Does Don Jr have any actual fans? Ones that would stick with him if his dad wasn’t around?

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but I have trouble enough getting into the headspace of people who find Don Sr admirable, so who am I to say?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Does Don Jr have any actual fans? Ones that would stick with him if his dad wasn’t around?

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but I have trouble enough getting into the headspace of people who find Don Sr admirable, so who am I to say?

He has a girlfriend if that counts. It's definitely not weird that she refers to him as "Junior."

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Dr Christmas posted:

The greatest welterweight in the ufc likes him
https://images.app.goo.gl/qKeeDeJidbVfKKMv9

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ron Jeremy posted:

The last animes I was into were robotech and star blazers.

They remade Star Blazers a few years back, it was really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51PjegTadWU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Henchman of Santa posted:

He has a girlfriend if that counts. It's definitely not weird that she refers to him as "Junior."

He was even married at one point, to a lady who was apparently a horny sex pervert. So yes, good things happen to bad people. And vice versa.