Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I mean someone has to be the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Lurdiak posted:

My favorite part about them changing their mind about his suicide at the last minute (a terrible decision even in a vacuum) is that now Hawkeye's got 5 years he spent as a serial killer that everyone is just going to ignore. You can sweep that under the rug if he sacrifices himself heroically, but it's real awkward if he's still around for it.

They've said that one part of the show is dealing with the fallout of his time as Ronin.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fangz posted:

I mean someone has to be the worst

Dr. Druid is right there.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Dawgstar posted:

Dr. Druid is right there.

The man knew how to hook up an entertainment center tho'.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

howe_sam posted:

They've said that one part of the show is dealing with the fallout of his time as Ronin.

Put him back on the Ark or the Raft, or whatever the mid-Atlantic prison from Civil War was.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
I don't dislike Hawkeye in the MCU at all. But at the same time, he would have been a lot better with literally anyone else playing him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CityMidnightJunky posted:

I don't dislike Hawkeye in the MCU at all. But at the same time, he would have been a lot better with literally anyone else playing him.

I want to see MCU with Weird Al as Hawkeye now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just remembered Jeffrey Wright is playing Commissioner Gordon and got really excited

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'd take Hawkeye over Hope. I don't dislike that character, but I can't say she does a ton for me either.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Farscape era Ben Browder.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sean Bean, so that everyone would be expecting him to die at the snap, the cliff, that scene in AoU where quicksilver bites it...

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Sean Bean would act circles around Renner in that role.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SonicRulez posted:

I'd take Hawkeye over Hope. I don't dislike that character, but I can't say she does a ton for me either.

Her character mildly improved when they gave her an ant-man suit so she'd stop complaining about not having one every 30 seconds.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I always get Renner and Karl Urban mixed up so just swap the two and I won't be able to tell the difference.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Madkal posted:

I always get Renner and Karl Urban mixed up so just swap the two and I won't be able to tell the difference.

Dan Didio posted:

Karl Urban would act circles around Renner in that role.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Madkal posted:

You take that back right now. Karl Urban managed to have more charisma in a movie where he was a grim dude with a face concealing helmet than I’ve ever seen Renner have.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
No way, Urban is 10x better in every way.

I was gonna argue with everyone hating on MCU Hawkeye but now I'm thinking about Karl Urban and I'm sad.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0irSIFaUQ

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I actually liked Hawkeye at first? Like, "you better call it Coulson, cause I'm starting to root for this guy", that was a nice intro line. But the more time he got the less I liked him, culminating in Avengers 2.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I still think Alan Tudyk would have been the best MCU Hawkeye. He's hilarious, charming, and goofy, but can be really threatening and intimidating too, he can get jacked, worked with Whedon in two shows, and looks more or less like comic book Clint, and seems like a cool and genuine dude, from all accounts.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Also correct.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I still think Alan Tudyk would have been the best MCU Hawkeye. He's hilarious, charming, and goofy, but can be really threatening and intimidating too, he can get jacked, worked with Whedon in two shows, and looks more or less like comic book Clint, and seems like a cool and genuine dude, from all accounts.

I think if Hawkeye had been introduced in Avengers instead of Thor, there is a good chance Wheadon would have pushed for Tudyk to be cast.
I also think he would have been more like classic comics Hawkeye too.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
After all the ledger bullshit in the first Avengers movie, I would have been very happy to never see Hawkeye or Black Widow again.

I think Hawkeye in particular is a hero concept, similar to the likes of the Black Knight, that has aged poorly and does not translate well to movies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Counterpoint: Hawkeye rules and you smell like butts.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I actually think Whedon’s throughline for Hawkeye in Age of Ultron was really good: it’s interesting to have a guy whose superpower is having a family on a team like the avengers. It’s just a shame that the character was kind of poo poo I. The other movies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tudyk would be such a great alternate Clint.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
A big issue is that you just see very little of Hawkeye relative to the other avengers. Even people like Nat who don't have their own movie have significant roles in e.g. Winter Soldier. Clint has nothing. I mean he was brainwashed for half of the Avengers even.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

drat this would be cool

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Alan Tudyk would have been perfect.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
There is a god.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

If they just referred to the Toei Spider-man as just Spiderman, it would simplify that article.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

No, you're thinking of the Emissary of Hell

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

God is dead, Leopardon preserve us.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

kaesarsosei posted:

After all the ledger bullshit in the first Avengers movie, I would have been very happy to never see Hawkeye or Black Widow again.

I think Hawkeye in particular is a hero concept, similar to the likes of the Black Knight, that has aged poorly and does not translate well to movies.

They already had very efficient guns when Hawkeye was created. He was already a dated concept, that's why he's cool.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hawkeye is Green Arrow if you take away the Robin Hood theming, the left-wing activist beliefs, and Black Canary.

Aka everything that makes Green Arrow cool. Hawkeye is lame as hell. :colbert:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Hawkeye is Green Arrow without being shamelessly a second Batman :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hawkeye is Green Arrow if you take away the Robin Hood theming, the left-wing activist beliefs, and Black Canary.

Aka everything that makes Green Arrow cool. Hawkeye is lame as hell. :colbert:

Hawkeye grew up in a circus and is not a billionaire fuckboy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Hawkeye grew up in a circus and is not a billionaire fuckboy.

So did Dick Grayson so both Nightwing and Green Arrow are better.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kevin Feige said in an article about Bob Iger for Bloomberg that the Loki Disney+ series is also going to tie into Dr. Strange 2. It had previously been revealed that the Wandavision series would tie into it, but this is the first time they have said anything about the Loki series connecting to anything. We do know that this series involves the Loki who steals the Tesseract in Endgame and what happens to him after he grabs it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/11/07/disney-plus-loki-series-will-tie-into-marvels-doctor-strange-and-the-multiverse-of-madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Great, maybe MCU movies can just start putting big yellow caption boxes in corners. "Confused? See Loki, True Believers! - Smilin' Kevin Feige"