Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

12 eve accounts? I made billions hand over fist and all I needed was one account with directorship in Goonfleet :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:reddit: posted:

CIG has already proven everything they need to for me. But that's because I have been paying attention and have watched them build their game from the ground up and have seen the progress.

Are you guys seeing this incredible progress? lol this one is going to age quite well.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

DigitalPenny posted:

How fast do I need to nerd, to be a turbo nerd?

I often refer to my push bike as a twin turbo because of because of the engines pushing it... Do I qualify?

It depends of the level of rubbing and if you are able to triple it every second.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Jeep and Astronomy. LMAO.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:homebrew: :argh:

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

That thread is stuffed with gold.

Some Redditor posted:

That was a very long-winded way to say you're happy to sit in the cheap seats and enjoy the same game, while working your way up to the fancier seats. I have absolutely no issue with that and admire it! I, however, have less time to slowly work my way up to the better seats and have the ability to trade money for time. This trade also benefits all the others that are willing to wait since it helps fund the stadium and game we'll all enjoy.
"Helps fund the stadium" except said stadium is still just a huge landfill zone, approximately 7 years later.

Another Redditor posted:

I have contributed what this meme I made said ( approx), now if I didn't pledge this amount, and all the other people who have bought more on from the base package hasn't, where would the game you bought be in development right now?
It would be in the exact same place: Nowhere.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

i am harry posted:

12 eve accounts? I made billions hand over fist and all I needed was one account with directorship in Goonfleet :shobon:

Hi Kartoon.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

He has put up with it for years - it's going on 8 now?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

S1rmunchalot posted:

Exactly so.. how quickly they snap your insubordinate rear end into line is up to them but we shouldn't forget the original complaint above.. endless repetition of instruction to carry on the mission. That won't happen because the missions are time sensitive, they are not simply triggered by a player performing a certain action or going to a certain place. You will be told, you failed. Whether they then let you go-a-roaming until capture after that is debatable. There is no real reason to black screen you. There is precedent for this, missions in GTA take place in the game map, if you 'fail a mission' you just go back to roaming around for as long as you like. Will they let you take the jump gate to Terra? maybe not since technically you are a fugitive deserter now but you can pootle around wherever you are for as long as the military police take to come and get you.

Another thing is that the Squadron 42 play space is not the small map play space of most AAA games. We saw Gainey, it's a whole moon, it's not a textured ball with a cut-scene to a ground map of a few kilometres square (that WAS Chris' original plan for the whole game). Will they let you go roaming around while Trejo is getting the poo poo kicked out of her? I doubt it too, but there may be opportunities to go explore after you have done your duty. Sean Tracey told us that when they put the 'Good Doctor' map into Arena Commander they put in the whole planet (a copy of Hurston but smaller) because it is actually cheaper to do it that way, it makes sense why we would have whole planets in Squadron 42. Chris loves giving the player choices and spectacle. His first description of the game that he planned to make was a 'drop in, drop out mission based experience in a game universe'. In the vertical slice he said that there would be multiple ways to go down to the slavers base of operations on Gainey. There will be plenty of optional non-essential side missions to do and this will also probably facilitate some sight-seeing.

You'll hear people quote the 30 hours of game-play for Chapter One, this is only a partial quote from Erin Roberts, what he actually said is that 'the essential missions only speed-run version is around 30 hours'. Each chapter on the road-map is NOT one mission, it's one area in the game universe. You arrive in an area, then the timeline clock starts. You cannot leave the game during the action periods in a mission, when you leave you pause the game universe time. When you log back in time starts again. If you did log out during a mission you'll get put back in time to when there was no combat.

Anyone who has played Hitman will know that often when you go to a place for a mission there is a 'real place' with people doing what they do, and events happening. For example one mission is during Mardi Gras in New Orleans. The same is true for Squadron 42, when you arrive in system there will be a populated area and things will be going on around you - annual holidays etc. You will have reason to go to places while things are happening. You will have time off duty. The shops, bars and restaurants etc will have NPC's going about their lives. Chris wants you to feel this living breathing universe, he wants you to have a connection to places so that when the Vanduul roll in and destroy it, you will feel it, you will be angry about it. They will kill the friends you made and desolate your favourite places to visit. Chris is aiming to give you the 'feels' big time.

I have my own reasons to know that there will be a lot more places to go and see in Squadron 42 than people think, you will be living a life inside the game universe rather than simply carrying out a campaign like Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The events of the Vanduul War take place inside 'A Living Breathing Universe'. When Chris says that most assume he is only talking about the living breathing multiplayer universe, but he isn't. In Chris' mind he doesn't make the distinction between the PU and the Squadron 42 universe, to him they are the same. Whenever he talks about the game he is referring to the whole game universe where everything takes place.

All the things that you would love to see in other games that usually get left on the cutting room floor will be in Squadron 42. All those little quirky things they put a little bit of in some open world games, there will be lot's of it in Squadron 42. Even now in the PU everywhere you go there are pool tables, arcade game cabinets, basketball half courts, card games in progress. There will be bars and bar fights, dancing girls and perhaps even 'live entertainers' for the troops, you know? Did you ever skip through the TV channels on GTA? Listen to the chatter of the crazy radio DJ's? Players are gonna go nuts when they see what's coming on the Spectrum. The Spectrum is the players window onto the whole UEE and beyond universe for entertainment and information. Players are going to be pointing at the screen and yelling.. "I know that guy! I know that woman! I recognise that voice!" The characters you meet and the relationships you forge with them during the experience are what is going to make the Squadron 42 game have mass appeal, not the pew pew.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/this-video-tripped-across-my-recommended-i-challen/2499472

MostlyRandom
Nov 1, 2019

Agony Aunt posted:

pfft, what do they know about fidelity? In SC your sphincter will pucker when in combat!
horseballs

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Star Citizen Fornever

mjotto fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 6, 2019

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Agony Aunt posted:

Fizz gives you wings!

So now they have archered from Red Bull?

Also regarding RDR2 pupil dialiation... pfft, what do they know about fidelity? In SC your sphincter will pucker when in combat!

That kind of muscle control needs some serious modeling, I want to know that argon levels have an effect on sphincter puckering or my immersion is ruined.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You're all on my KOS list, you bastards12!#!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i am harry posted:

You sound like a man who should have a SC org, buy himself an Idris, and get peons to crew it!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Jason Sextro posted:

That kind of muscle control needs some serious modeling, I want to know that argon levels have an effect on sphincter puckering or my immersion is ruined.

Making a mental note to ask the techs about the argon levels in the room before I lose consciousness during a routine colonoscopy. It's all part of space games.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Where the gently caress is he getting this stuff? Did CIG ACTUALLY promise this complete garbage or is he pulling it out of his rear end?

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Enjoying a piece of media and then moving on? Those monsters. Real fans stick with a property, that's why I watch the same movie every single night.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Plebs play games. Citizens live them.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

12 Eve accounts over 11 years? Show me on the doll where the bad goon touched you :pedo:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Where the gently caress is he getting this stuff? Did CIG ACTUALLY promise this complete garbage or is he pulling it out of his rear end?

He’s talking out of his rear end. Almost nothing is known about the actual gameplay of SQ42, the last vertical slice they showed off years ago was basically an interminable hallway walking and conversation simulator, with a short on-rails flight and FPS mission. Apparently it’s all been thrown out and “refactored” since then, but CIG has never once come out and explained what kind of game it’s going to be. 90% of what they show is just cutscenes with all of the A list actors they spent millions on.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

colonelwest posted:

90% of what they show is just cutscenes with all of the A list actors they spent millions on.

Or maybe that's exactly what Chris wants sq42 to be. Player just walks from cutscene to cutscene and once in awhile he gets ambushed on the way and has to shoot a couple braindead ai npcs to get to the next one.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
All the turbonerd chat really offends me. I'm a turbo geek, not a nerd :catbert:

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016

One in the Bum posted:

Or maybe that's exactly what Chris wants sq42 to be. Player just walks from cutscene to cutscene and once in awhile he gets ambushed on the way and has to shoot a couple braindead ai npcs to get to the next one.

I've lately realized that i hate long cutscenes. I do not have the whole day to play video games, just let me do something dammit. If i wanted to watch a movie id do so.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

crisp roberts posted:

I've lately realized that i hate long cutscenes. I do not have the whole day to play video games, just let me do something dammit. If i wanted to watch a movie id do so.

:same: I now skip every cutscene in any game, fullstop. I pissed off a friend of mine while playing destiny 2 coop because I skipped like half the campaign.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I know my refund is still in there somewhere.
:negative:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

One in the Bum posted:

All the turbonerd chat really offends me. I'm a turbo geek, not a nerd :catbert:

Just turborub. We are all equal when turborubbing.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

DapperDon posted:

I know my refund is still in there somewhere.
:negative:

Sell your jpegs on the grey market

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

crisp roberts posted:

This is why the prospect of playing Death Stranding in the near future just exhausts me. The weird, QWOP meets truck simulator gameplay sounds bizarrely compelling, but I just can't handle 8+ hours of stilted, pretentious Kojima cutscenes. Again.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Quavers posted:

Sell your jpegs on the grey market

Let's see. I got the Aurora starter with the Avenger Titan upgrade. That should fetch me what, around tree fiddy?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

CIG's 12 month marketing contract expired:

https://twitter.com/Rexzilla/status/1190366887600951301

Since Rexzilla's move to Facebook Gaming on Nov 1st, he's only streamed the new Call Of Duty

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Quavers posted:

Since Rexzilla's move to Facebook Gaming on Nov 1st, he's only streamed the new Call Of Duty

loving lol

This is good.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Quavers posted:

:lol:

Pure gold.

I thought he was 100% organic and just doing it for the love of the game?!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Quavers posted:

The Calder's marketing injection was never going to last forever.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

MarcusSA posted:

loving lol

This is good.

Aww, but I was just about to join the Zilla Drop Forces for some hot player-vs-cave action

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

intense gamer eyebrows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
gently caress Facebook. Delete your loving accounts