Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

now that all melee weapons have like 30% base crit ive mostly turned all my old stand bys into pure cirt builds with steel/sac steel and blood rush and honestly im killing easier than before

probably a more optimal way but all melee just feels super good now so im not going to bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Vasca Kavats on the plains should have a chance of giving cattecodes when you scan them. They don't, because cattecodes are a plat market item, but they should.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

thats probably something they'll change

like how plains launch starchart sentient enemies didnt drop sentient cores but they eventually got around to adding that

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Avulsion posted:

How do you make Garuda unkillable? She seems uniquely vulnerable to being shot in the back.

Max strength and range, no duration, Quick Thinking, all umbral mods albeit not fully leveled up, and I use the Furis with the life steal augment and a decent Riven. One bullet fills my health to full so I have infinite energy, and because the ability that turns enemies into health scales off strength, you'll get crazy health per second with 200+% power strength. That's basically it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Anora posted:

Spy missions, crack vaults in your operator form.

that seems like way more effort than just sitting in eso in spoiler mode for a few waves

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I need to stop playing Wukong for everything but I love melee too much.

Gimme your best Valkyr builds. I have her prime cooking and never gave her much of my time.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

valkyrs exalted is supposed to be really good with melee 3.0 i hear

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Gimme your best Valkyr builds. I have her prime cooking and never gave her much of my time.

Eternal War, lots of duration, your favorite melee weapon.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Inzombiac posted:

Get your War Cry going as soon as you can, then keep the slaughter moving forward so that it never drops. Pair this style of build with an extremely slow, powerful melee weapon that you would find too clumsy to use otherwise - I use a Fragor Prime.

You can rely pretty much entirely on your melee throughout, only needing to dip into Hysteria in order to heal or protect yourself (or just for the style points). Still, if you're gonna go to town, might as well go in a Lincoln.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks!

Her style game is pretty great and I want to be more active than just letting my little brother shoot stuff while I check my phone.
drat Monkey King made me lazy.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Inaros with Rank 3 Arcane Grace seems like a glaring design flaw. I can AFK in the middle of 30 lvl 100+ grineer and my health goes up.

Any ideas for a good Drakgoon build? Gas/Slash 100% status?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Put my first prime (Saryn) in the oven. What are some good builds? At first glance, I feel like maximizing range is a solid plan for those spores.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ytlaya posted:

For those "invasion" things where you choose either the Grineer or the Corpus, do you only get the item if your side ends up winning (and you've done it three times of course)?

I recently reached MR6, which made quite a few new blueprints craftable. Increasing MR is actually more useful than I thought, now that I've noticed how quickly I hit the daily syndicate rep cap and noticed they apparently increase base mod capacity (I initially interpreted this as the number of mods you could have in your inventory lol). Do the MR exams ever become more difficult?

MR9 (the stealth test) is notoriously unfair, it's like someone ported a bad forced stealth sequence directly into Warframe. Insta-fail if you get spotted. No primary/secondary weapons, melee only, have to stealth kill everyone.

There are two ways people cheese it.

1) Use a throwing glaive. Wait around a corner until they turn their backs, throw your boomerang at them.

2) Use a gunblade, like a redeemer. Some people also like to run it with a Banshee, whose passive makes all her loud weapons silent.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I did the MR9 test yesterday, figured out a reliable route after a few tries without looking at any guides :shrug:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Put my first prime (Saryn) in the oven. What are some good builds? At first glance, I feel like maximizing range is a solid plan for those spores.

yeah get range as high as you can without tanking strength too much and you will wipe the map clean

just using it for a bit will give you a sense for when it's appropriate to just spore a single enemy and kill it to spread and when it's time to hit 4 and just annihilate everything.

it's an incredibly strong frame honestly, it's not my most played in terms of time played but in terms of enemies killed it's certainly #1 and it's not even close

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

BurntCornMuffin posted:

you 100% want 280 range over everything else

augment is kind of to taste, now that im done with ESO i mostly use her 3 aug with daikyu + augment and a nikana and just melee everything to death creating gas clouds and being immortal

i can post my build in a bit

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I could also use some saryn prime tips. Either I don't instagib the entire map like everyone claims or I die wayyyy too quickly for anything to happen. I got the regenerative molt augment which seems to help a bit, but it still seems ultra squish

I seem to do really bad with most frames that don't have a defensive mechanism

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

keep in mind that the molt is also a high threat target that enemies will want to attack over you. its not just there for the heal augment. drop that poo poo whenever you get in trouble

another popular option is running adaptation in place of the augment and just relying on repair/elevate for heals

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
What's a good build for Redeemer Prime? All 4 elements/status mods, primed pressure point, Primed Fury - but anything else?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

double arcanes just a QoL boost not needed, keep 3 up 100% while using daikyu/aug + a nikana so you can't die

obviously swap out umbrals and primed mod if you dont have them still be fine

just rely on melee and every time you hit an enemy you create 14m gas cloud and heal yourself to full

at that str everything will be dying pretty instantly to spores barring sortie/lich/eso missions so outside stationary stuff rely more on your 4 to clear rooms

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looks like a Forma/Exilus adapter invasion is going on.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Phobophilia posted:

MR9 (the stealth test) is notoriously unfair, it's like someone ported a bad forced stealth sequence directly into Warframe. Insta-fail if you get spotted. No primary/secondary weapons, melee only, have to stealth kill everyone.

There are two ways people cheese it.

1) Use a throwing glaive. Wait around a corner until they turn their backs, throw your boomerang at them.

2) Use a gunblade, like a redeemer. Some people also like to run it with a Banshee, whose passive makes all her loud weapons silent.

You can also deploy archguns in it; I cheesed the MR 19 stealth mission that way.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Berke Negri posted:

double arcanes just a QoL boost not needed, keep 3 up 100% while using daikyu/aug + a nikana so you can't die

obviously swap out umbrals and primed mod if you dont have them still be fine

just rely on melee and every time you hit an enemy you create 14m gas cloud and heal yourself to full

at that str everything will be dying pretty instantly to spores barring sortie/lich/eso missions so outside stationary stuff rely more on your 4 to clear rooms

I would say this is, perversely, too much strength. Which sounds weird to newbies, but if your spores kill enemies instantly, they'll be better against individual enemies at the cost of map clear.

200+ range and everything else closer to 100 is the more traditional way to get like 80% team damage.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Bloody Emissary posted:

You can also deploy archguns in it; I cheesed the MR 19 stealth mission that way.

I did the same recently, and am still a little stressed out about it. Even with the archguns I failed and got spotted several times, because the MR 19 mission is multiple vertical levels of wide, long planes broken up by narrow columns, and either there would be one guy in the back whose patrol route never took him into my sights until I moved forward, or he was far enough away that the game didn't load him in until I got closer.

I can't even imagine doing the MR 19 test the "proper" way.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Range is king and you may want to either not buff or even tank STR a bit. It's important to let the spores mature a but as new enemies spawn.
Too much STR and stuff will melt but you'll have to recast all the time.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Tulip posted:

I would say this is, perversely, too much strength. Which sounds weird to newbies, but if your spores kill enemies instantly, they'll be better against individual enemies at the cost of map clear.

200+ range and everything else closer to 100 is the more traditional way to get like 80% team damage.

its too much str if you're fighting like level 30 enemies but at that point who honestly gives a poo poo just hit 4 and kill them

1 isnt saryns only OP move

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

you definitely want 280 range on saryn though. if you can't fit close to 200% str doing that because of overextended its like, whatever, but you want maximum range as your first priority

edit: there's definitely a pervasive belief that you want to tank strength on saryn so her little spore meter never disappears but it's forgetting that what you want is everything to be dead as fast as possible

decaying spore rate doesnt mean you hosed up it means everything is dead

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 7, 2019

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

similarly I never really had much of a problem killing things too fast.

that is to say, saryn's 1 us a free handed move. so you press one and the shoot your target almost simultaneously and suddenly everything is spored and quickly dying. more strength means that damage ramps up more quickly, which sure that isn't really needed but it's nice and goes well with toxic lash and miasma, and I think increases the speed boost you get from molt.

my saryn is sitting at 250 or 265 range because I'm balancing that with 200ish strength and I think a single duration mod primarily for toxic lash, though this slightly helps with spore damage falling down and keeping it up between targets. I've found this to be far more than adequate for eso and other missions. in eso, rather than range being the determining factor between me and another saryn sporing the whole map and getting top damage, the important thing usually just cast timing wrt spawns.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

eso saryns get real butt hurt about other saryns stealing their kills or screwing up their spore counts but to me im like thank god, i can just tune out for this mission and maybe cast miasma a few times

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Berke Negri posted:

you definitely want 280 range on saryn though. if you can't fit close to 200% str doing that because of overextended its like, whatever, but you want maximum range as your first priority

edit: there's definitely a pervasive belief that you want to tank strength on saryn so her little spore meter never disappears but it's forgetting that what you want is everything to be dead as fast as possible

decaying spore rate doesnt mean you hosed up it means everything is dead

It's the difference between an ESO that feels like riding a bike down a smooth hill and an ESO that feels like riding a bike over gravel.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

if you're doing ESO you should be using a bomb mirage build at this point anyways that out damages saryn

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

My mirage runs I always get like 10% damage but most kills by a considerable margin, I don't loving know what's going on with that.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

are you running the 2 aug with max range? it turns all drops into mines in like a 100m radius with a 60 meter explosion radius that ignores LoS

so in ESO where things spawn consistently and densely the damage stacks stacks stacks

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Where is trading taking place in the game now? I lucked into a Redeemer and a Brakk riven last week and since I'm not that hot on those weapons and could use some plat, I felt I should pass them along.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

hello yes i am war fram

I have become so powerful that I have become the weapon.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

eso saryns get real butt hurt about other saryns stealing their kills or screwing up their spore counts but to me im like thank god, i can just tune out for this mission and maybe cast miasma a few times
if you cast miasma and hit somebody else's spored enemy does that mean those spores will now spread, or is it just your own spores it affects?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

honestly dont know

in actual play environments it probably doesn't super matter anyways since miasma is a 100% viral proc that also has a gently caress off damage tick

edit: i would guess...no, but i think anything dying still spreads the spores but still i think? spores spread if someone actually kills them, not if the spores kill them (or her 3 aug where any damage taken spreads spores) so its like a weird edge case

follow up edit: just play bomb mirage for ESO

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 7, 2019

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

bom mirage takes like 2 forma to make work and since its her 2 simaris wont even yell at you for spamming it unless you do it like 20 times

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Spores are pretty easy to understand but it's not made super clear anywhere because well we all know what game this is.

You cast spore on a single target. If this target dies from any player killing it, from the spore damage itself, or if someone just shoots a spore, the spores spread. There can be, and on your initial target there will be, three spores on a target so you can shoot one without hitting the others. But for the most part this part is simple, the initial target of spore, the one you cast it on, always spreads the spores no matter how it dies.

Everything that gets infected by spores by them spreading around, everyone you didn't initially cast it on, they spread spores when killed by players or when people pop the spores on them. If these targets die to spore damage then they don't spread the spore, but basically any other damage will spread the plague around.

Initial spore targets spread spores no matter what, everyone else will not spread spores if they die to spore damage, otherwise they will spread spores no matter which player kills them. I'm not sure if a second Saryn's Miasma will get the combo damage from the first's spores, but it'll still be a big viral nuke that spreads those spores around more. I'm also not sure about environmental damage but thats generally not a thing the enemies worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Berke Negri posted:

honestly dont know

in actual play environments it probably doesn't super matter anyways since miasma is a 100% viral proc that also has a gently caress off damage tick

edit: i would guess...no, but i think anything dying still spreads the spores but still i think? spores spread if someone actually kills them, not if the spores kill them (or her 3 aug where any damage taken spreads spores) so its like a weird edge case

follow up edit: just play bomb mirage for ESO

Wiki says:
Miasma deals 400% damage to enemies affected by Spores, and spored enemies that die while sickened by Miasma will spread spores.

So it's a way to speed up spore spread.

I'm of the opinion that xSO Saryn wants as much ability strength as possible, but for missions like exterminates, you don't want too much. Getting spore'd is a death sentence for any enemy it touches, and therefore your objective is not to kill enemies as quickly as possible, but to sprint to the next pack of enemies and spread spores to them asap before your initially spore'd pack dies and your spore damage starts decaying.