Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
If I had a career of 20 years that involved me groping pre-teens; I wouldn't be surprised when I ended up kicked out of that career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
also funny they use say halftime when there's never been a handegg anime so it's lost on the choir

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Alan Smithee posted:

also funny they use say halftime when there's never been a handegg anime so it's lost on the choir

So wrong there is an anime for everything.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My dad helps run cons. Like, actual fan conventions. Anyway, back in March when this whole kerfuffle was really blowing up, I'm out eating with him and suddenly, apropos of nothing at all, he asks me if I know who "Vic Mic-nog-na" is, and I just about lost my poo poo because not only did I absolutely know who that was, I couldn't think of any reason he would bring him up to me instead of vice versa until I remembered Vic had actually been at one of the shows my dad worked on doing press for Broly the previous year. I then explained to him the situation, and he said "so we probably shouldn't let this guy in the building, huh?"

Not a great story, but I'm glad this stuff is sticking. Completely forgot about it until now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Alan Smithee posted:

EYE.

SHIELD

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DesertIslandHermit posted:

He's probably going to try to create a 'let's move on together' kind of faux-positive atmosphere even when he crashed, burned and has to pay up.

Which, again, is what he did way back before the lawsuit. It would probably would have worked but welp.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
"I would love for as many of you guys to came out and see me as possible!"

It's not enough to know people like(d) you, you want as many (total strangers you've never met) to show up on their own time and tell you that in person...where did this guy's issues come from? It can't be the fact that his dad wasn't in the picture for his upbringing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Julias posted:

Yeah, as much as I believe Vic is a dirtbag, I also 100% believe he got swindled into this whole ordeal and was a victim of his own ego keeping him in a bubble, never fully realizing what the consequences of his actions were going to be or really any of the finer details in what was going down in his name essentially.

I don't really feel sorry for Vic though, since this is probably the closest form of justice that he can face for his actions though.

Maybe if they were the first lawyers he tried to hire, but he went through multiple lawyers who told him to not even try to start this case. He was set on suing from the beginning.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

My dad helps run cons. Like, actual fan conventions. Anyway, back in March when this whole kerfuffle was really blowing up, I'm out eating with him and suddenly, apropos of nothing at all, he asks me if I know who "Vic Mic-nog-na" is, and I just about lost my poo poo because not only did I absolutely know who that was, I couldn't think of any reason he would bring him up to me instead of vice versa until I remembered Vic had actually been at one of the shows my dad worked on doing press for Broly the previous year. I then explained to him the situation, and he said "so we probably shouldn't let this guy in the building, huh?"

Not a great story, but I'm glad this stuff is sticking. Completely forgot about it until now.

Your dad seems cool.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Schubalts posted:

Maybe if they were the first lawyers he tried to hire, but he went through multiple lawyers who told him to not even try to start this case. He was set on suing from the beginning.

I think Vic may have been about to drop it when Nick & Co. came swooping in with their offer of a free lawsuit. Plenty of celebs and business owners have fired up the old SLAPP engine then suddenly dropped it when they hit the first hearing and realized exactly how much this is gonna cost them. The GFM let Vic stay at arms reach and avoid the costs up till now.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Schubalts posted:

Maybe my post didn't express my point clearly-Vic was absolutely trying to intimidate his accusers into silence and send a message to other people to keep quiet unless they want to be met with retribution too. His lawsuit also sought monetary compensation (of one to five million dollars), though Vic claimed he wasn't aware of that during his deposition. His own egotism and lovely nature led him to ignore the advice of lawyers who advised him not to make a case out of it and brought him to Lionel Hutz Ty Beard and Nick Rekieta, where he got suckered into taking a losing court case, where he's going to eat a huge loss while these two conmen run out the door with money from a GoFundMe, from a YouTube channel and merchandising, and propping up an anti#metoo hysteria that radicalized people akin to gamergate and comicsgate. If Vic truly had any real humility and/or the brains to figure out he was being left in the dark by his lawyers, things could gave ended a lot less messy.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Agent Escalus posted:

"I would love for as many of you guys to came out and see me as possible!"

It's not enough to know people like(d) you, you want as many (total strangers you've never met) to show up on their own time and tell you that in person...where did this guy's issues come from? It can't be the fact that his dad wasn't in the picture for his upbringing.

Rich kid who was both a cop and a teacher for a period of time. The dude has had multiple positions of authority, which combined with his ego, leads to an incredible sense of self-entitlement. See to this day that he admits no wrong doing with being too touchy with people in public at cons.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Julias posted:

Rich kid who was both a cop and a teacher for a period of time. The dude has had multiple positions of authority, which combined with his ego, leads to an incredible sense of self-entitlement. See to this day that he admits no wrong doing with being too touchy with people in public at cons.

he was a cop wtf

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

He was a part time cop for a year or 2. Him switching jobs so often when he was young until he landed on voice acting mainly characters young women like is pretty yikes if you think about it at all.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 7, 2019

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

he was a cop wtf

He was a "summer seasonal officer" which prolly meant he was like a crossing guard when he wasn't teaching school.

EDIT: Really if you think about it most of the activities he participates in are to increase his contact with young women.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Mignogna taking a hands-off role in his lawsuit and keeping himself out of the loop (not even showing up at court) as Rekieta and Beard ran the case is because he is lazy and arrogant. He is a thoroughly mediocre man who believes his existence has been handed down from God and everyone else must suffer him. As the recent episode of the ALAB podcast went through, he had done so little preparation that the defendant's lawyer's deposition managed to get him to admit that he (a) has a bad reputation (rendering him libel-proof), (b) defend his hugging of children as not creepy, and (c) admit that he really did pull Rial and Marchi's hair.

Beard is also mediocre, but at least he attempts to show up. The ALAB podcast were completely yukking it up over Beard trying to pull a screaming hostile act trying to get Toye to admit that his tweets were his own, but confirming evidence is supposed to be completely elementary for a lawyer and Beard was completely hung up over it, when a competent lawyer would have realized that he was running himself in pointless circles and moved on.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

SoftNum posted:

He was a "summer seasonal officer" which prolly meant he was like a crossing guard when he wasn't teaching school.

EDIT: Really if you think about it most of the activities he participates in are to increase his contact with young women.

he was also a youth pastor, just to confirm all my stereotypes about those dudes

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1192270604294119424?s=21

So apparently Vig didn't even need to hide his assets under Texas law and this might actually come to bite him later. Ty is inept even at the part he's supposed to specialize at lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1192270604294119424?s=21

So apparently Vig didn't even need to hide his assets under Texas law and this might actually come to bite him later. Ty is inept even at the part he's supposed to specialize at lol

If they have it right, the house wasn't a siezable asset before, but now is. :allears:.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Seize everything. Kill Edward elric

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is it like cape fear where his lawyers took a dive because he's a bad person

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Boy, this suit is gonna cost him an arm and a leg!!!!!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Hub Cat posted:

Beard hasn't officially quit or been removed from the case they think he is being sidelined and told to go sit in the corner and be quiet basically.

I think it would be very unusual to have a situation where you hire new council and cut out your old council but well Vic is a unicorn.

Could it be Mom's finally realised what's going on and how much it's likely to cost her and these are her lawyers?

Though they don't seem to be doing anything like the amount of emergency damage limitation needed in that case.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ignis posted:

The minor flaw here is thinking it was about helping Vic and not 'more billable hours.'

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Beard is so loving bad at lawyering.

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1192547239316664329?s=20
https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1192548633171963915?s=20

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1192555799085821959?s=20

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Nick is going to end up the laughingstock of his own fanbase because he just pulled this estate lawyer that had ties to his family out of the blue. He was so dedicated to owning the 'SJWs' that he knew absolutely nothing of the standards of lawyering.

I remember Vic stans trying to make T-shirts of dumb things like 'FEAR THE BEARD' which is hilarious now because Ty destroys everything he touches that isn't his opponent.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

OJ got away with the financial circus

How likely will Vic

OJ's financial circus ended with him robbing a Las Vegas hotel room at gunpoint to get his memorabilia back

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

OJ's financial circus ended with him robbing a Las Vegas hotel room at gunpoint to get his memorabilia back

Would be a very Jojo way to end this

And I’ve never seen jojo

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Beard keeps finding more ways to gently caress up and it's truly breathtaking. :allears:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1192557038854950912

Hoping real hard for a transcript.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"Halftime"

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Check! Red card! Round 3! Yahtzee!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Well we're gonna know exactly how much Vic actually knew about this whole mess soon then. Under oath, no less :allears:.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Check! Red card! Round 3! Yahtzee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U9Yl5CXvcQ

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Just totally normal stuff here, doesn't every lawyer subpoena opposing counsel for the sanctions and fees hearing.

(Lemoine has issued a subpoena for Ty to attend on the 21st, albeit as a witness rather than in his role as Vig's lawyer).

https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1192664668256579584

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

PST posted:

Just totally normal stuff here, doesn't every lawyer subpoena opposing counsel for the sanctions and fees hearing.

(Lemoine has issued a subpoena for Ty to attend on the 21st, albeit as a witness rather than in his role as Vig's lawyer).

https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1192664668256579584

I'm having a hard time parsing everything so I was looking this up and found the wonderful subreddit.

redditor posted:

HOT OFF THE PRESSES!

The third lawyer added to Monica & Ron’s defense, Lemoine, has issued a subpoena to Nick Rekieta ordering him to appear to give an oral deposition and produce documents.

The documents being requested pertain to:

• Communications with Vic regarding the GoFundMe (including expenditures, anticipated or actual)
  • Communications with BHBH (Vic’s lawyers) concerning the GFM, Defendants, Petition (Vic’s pleading, I reckon), allegations in the Petition
  • Any documents and/or communications involving expenditures of money from the GFM.

Additional people have also been ordered to preserve documents, including:

• Vic’s mother
  • Vic’s current girlfriend
  • People running his fan club (Risembool Rangers)
  • Todd Haberkorn (Spock on Star Trek Continues, got #MeToo’d by Jessie Pridemoore, currently represented by BHBH)
  • the makeup artist on Star Trek Continues
  • Chuck Huber - fellow VA, has been quietly neutral, probably supports Vic
  • the owner of Kamehacon

Boy that sounds like they're gearing up for a serious deep-dickin--

same redditor posted:

Looks like they are grasping at straws here.

Oh ok.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Nov 8, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm having a hard time parsing everything so I was looking this up and found the wonderful subreddit.

Boy that sounds like they're gearing up for a serious deep-dickin--

Oh ok.

Don't orders to preserve documents require a Judge's involvement and a very good reason to do so?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't orders to preserve documents require a Judge's involvement and a very good reason to do so?

Nah if it was an actual court order one of the twitter lawyers would have posted it by now. Its probably just a preservation letter, basically the d's lawyers giving them an unfriendly reminder of their duty not to destroy evidence relevant to litigation, probably enumerating the kinds of documents they are interested in, and making sure they know litigation is pending.
If they destroy evidence after they know litigation is imminent the judge/jury legally assumes that it was bad for them.
If I was them I would be very concerned for Vic because Lemoine has consistently waited till he had everything wrapped up and just uses things to tie the bow.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 8, 2019

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Oh man, they're even dragging in the Risembool Rangers? That should be good. Their Facebook was a goldmine for a time when the accusations and lawsuit were first gearing up.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Lmao you've got to read their wiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Someone's been at the page for Ed, apparently. Unless the script was REALLY different in the dub.

also, oh man, that bible study sounds super awkward