Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Daniel Bryan

Ryusuke Taguchi
The Young Bucks
Sonny Kiss
Randy Orton
Orange Cassidy
Jungle Boy

Darby/Taguchi was tough since Darby is rad and his matches on Dynamite have been super fun but I gotta go with my boy Tagooch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Daniel Bryan
King Corbin (Pity Vote)
Darby Allin
The Young Bucks
Sonny Kiss
Orange Cassidy
Jungle Boy

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Daniel Bryan
Timothy Thatcher
Darby Allin
Io Shirai
Sonny Kiss
Jacob Fatu
Orange Cassidy
Jungle Boy

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Daniel Bryan
Timothy Thatcher
Ryusuke Taguchi
Io Shirai
Taichi
Randy Orton
Orange Cassidy
Ricochet

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Daniel Bryan
Timothy Thatcher
Ryusuke Taguchi
Io Shirai
Taichi
Jacob Fatu
Taiji Ishimori
Jungle Boy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Reminder that you’re doing taichi fans a kindness by voting sonny kiss because that contrarian frisson is all they have in life

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Daniel Bryan
Timothy Thatcher
Ryusuke Taguchi
The Young Bucks
Taichi
Randy Orton
Orange Cassidy
Jungle Boy

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

jesus WEP posted:

Reminder that you’re doing taichi fans a kindness by voting sonny kiss because that contrarian frisson is all they have in life

i want to dispute this but this post did just push him over the top for me so

Timothy Thatcher
Darby Allin
The Young Bucks
Taichi
Orange Cassidy
Jungle Boy

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Daniel Bryan
Timothy Thatcher
Ryusuke Taguchi
Io Shirai
Sonny Kiss
Randy Orton
Taiji Ishimori
Jungle Boy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jesus WEP posted:

It should be a probatable offence to question the sincerity of Taichi fandom. He's too good for this world.

Reminder of this awesome Taichi related song: https://youtu.be/CSnB6gvUnjc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Miho Abe would vote to Taichi and quite frankly who are we to question her?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Vote

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Daniel Bryan
Timothy Thatcher
Darby Allin
The Young Bucks
Sonny Kiss
Jacob Fatu
Orange Cassidy
Jungle Boy

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Results:

Daniel Bryan 32, Masaaki Mochizuki 9
Timothy Thatcher 35, King Corbin 2
Darby Allin 26, Ryusuke Taguchi 16
The Young Bucks 23, Io Shirai 19
Taichi 23, Sonny Kiss 18
Jacob Fatu 31, Randy Orton 5
Orange Cassidy 30, Taiji Ishimori 12
Jungle Boy 35, Ricochet 7

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Special formatting request: Please only list the name of the person you are voting for from each match-up. This will be easier for me to count than bolding names from match-ups. I can work around this if necessary, but if you can vote by just listing the name of your choice, that would be great.

You can abstain from votes. You are not required to list that vote as ‘abstain,’ you just need to skip it.

Shingo Takagi
Finished 11th in Favorite Active Wrestlers thread
Did not appear in 2017 WH-128

Shingo used the 2019 G1 to put on a masterclass in BEEF, having tremendous matches every night. His matches with Ospreay, Naito, Ishii, and Goto are among the very best of 2019. Promoted from the junior division, Shingo should continue to climb the ranks of New Japan into the future.

Akira Tozawa
Eliminated in Round 2 of 2017 WH-128 by Kota Ibushi
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2015 by Kota Ibushi
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2013 by Kassius Ohno
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2011 by William Regal

Yes, Akira’s stuck in 205 Live hell. But he’s still an amazing wrestler, putting on great matches whenever given the opportunity. Look no further than this year’s matches with Buddy Murphy and Adam Cole, plus the various multi-man matches he’s been a key part of which have garnered praise. Just 34, he should be a great wrestler in his prime for a few more years.

Roman Reigns
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Lio Rush
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2015 by Dalton Castle
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2013 by Samoa Joe

OOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHH

He’s returned after beating leukemia for the second time. He puts on good matches, is charismatic, and seems like a genuinely good person. It’s a shame he was pushed so drat hard by Vince early on; he deserves success. He should be a player in the main event scene for years to come.

Shota Umino

Umino is in the process of graduating from young lion status. He’s become a cult favorite already thanks to his bizarre adoption by Jon Moxley. He’s had very good singles matches with Hiroshi Tanahashi & Zack Sabre Jr. this year.

Samoa Joe
Finished 24th in Favorite Active Wrestlers thread
Eliminated in Round 3 of 2017 WH-128 by Katsuyori Shibata
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2015 by Dean Ambrose
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2013 by Yuji Nagata
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2011 by The Undertaker
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2009 by John Cena
Eliminated in The Semi-Finals in 2007 by CM Punk

Joe may not be at his peak of popularity on these forums, but he’s still a great talent. Possibly the best promo in WWE, he can work around the limitations of their style and still shine. A very intimidating presence.

Kairi Sane

Sane had a great 2018, winning the NXT Women’s Championship from Baszler in a solid series of matches. She’s since been promoted to the main roster, where she’s in a tag team with Asuka. Despite their copious talents, Sane has not been appearing on television regularly recently.

Brock Lesnar
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Marty Scurll
Eliminated in The Quarter Finals in 2015 by Shinsuke Nakamura
Eliminated in Round 4 in 2013 by Minoru Suzuki

:f5:

Juice Robinson
Eliminated in Round 2 of 2017 WH-128 by Hiromu Takahashi

Juice’s career rejuventation continues in New Japan. He’s become a cult favorite there and is one of the highlights of their midcard. He has two reigns with the United States championship under his belt, and had very good matches with Jon Moxley, Jay White, and Tomohiro Ishii during the G1. He has an amazing amount of charisma and has a good argument to be the best promo in wrestling today.

Luchasaurus
Finished 27th in Favorite Active Wrestlers thread

Luchasaurus has gone from largely unknown to a cult favorite in a short period of time. He combines a great character with size, athleticism, and charisma. His team with Jungle Boy in AEW has shown signs of becoming one of the hottest acts in the industry.

Mercedes Martinez

Martinez has spent most of the past decade plus as one of the top female independent wrestlers in the United States. She, and Cheerleader Melissa, have spent almost a full year as the SHIMMER Tag Team Champions. Martinez appeared in both Mae Young Classics so far, reaching the semifinals in the first one.

Tommaso Ciampa
Eliminated in Round 2 of 2017 WH-128 by Tomohiro Ishii
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2015 by Dolph Ziggler

Ciampa was able to return from neck surgery early on last week’s NXT show, and hopefully he hasn’t come back too soon. Ciampa and Gargano had a great feud in 2018 with an amazing trio of matches. Ciampa also had great matches with Velveteen Dream in ’18 and, extending into January ’19, Aleister Black. And then the weird tag team with Gargano happened. A great team, but a weird storyline turn considering what the previous two years had been. With his return from injury, let’s hope that he can return to his Goldie-obsessed character.

Tam Nakano

A disciple of Atsushi Onita, Tam was a late starter in the world of pro wrestling at the age of 28. Despite being the same age as the likes of Kazuchika Okada in a promotion where many wrestlers are veterans by the time they reach their 20s, Tam has come into her own in 2019, starting the year with a great match with company ace, Momo Watanabe. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

Minoru Suzuki
Finished 8th in Favorite Active Wrestlers thread
Eliminated in quarter finals of 2017 WH-128 by Kento Miyahara
Eliminated in Round 4 in 2015 by Shinsuke Nakamura
Eliminated in The Quarter-Finals in 2013 by Hiroshi Tanahashi

Still the scariest motherfucker on the planet.

MJF

Saving the best for last, at least in MJF’s mind. A tremendous heel, MJF is great on the mic and looks to be pegged as a future star for AEW. Just 23, he’s showing an increased ability in the ring. It wouldn’t be surprising at all to see him be a main eventer in the near future.

Shinsuke Nakamura
Eliminated in Round 3 of 2017 WH-128 by Chris Jericho
Eliminated in semi-finals of 2015 WH-128 by Kevin Owens
Eliminated in Round 4 of 2013 WH-128 by Prince Devitt

Nakamura is still very charismatic, but he’s clearly taken a step back in ring work. After years of working the intense New Japan ring style, he’s gone to WWE and eased up. In his NXT days and even his WWE Title run in 2018, he was putting on great matches regularly. But 2019 has been kind of a lost cause. He teamed with Rusev for awhile early this year, and then both left TV. Shinsuke came back in June and won the Intercontinental title, which he still holds, but his matches have not been as praised.

Momo Watanabe

The protegé of Io Shirai took full advantage of the departure of her mentor in 2018 to establish herself as the face of Stardom. Fresh out of high school, Momo took the Wonder of Stardom Championship and leadership of Queen's Quest and embarked upon an almost year-long title run proving herself as one of the most talented wrestlers in the world today in fantastic matches with the likes of Jungle Kyona, Tam Nakano, Jamie Hayter and Mayu Iwatani. Despite losing the title to Arisa Hoshiki, Momo has continued to show her dominance in the Stardom ring. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

Your ballot:

Shingo Takagi vs. Akira Tozawa
Roman Reigns vs. Shota Umino
Samoa Joe vs. Kairi Sane
Brock Lesnar vs. Juice Robinson
Luchasaurus vs. Mercedes Martinez
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki vs. MJF
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Momo Watanabe

Voting closes at 7 p.m. Eastern on Friday, or whenever I get in front of a computer after that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Luchasaurus
Tommaso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki
Shinsuke Nakamura

Sorry Kairi, but Joe is just so loving great. :smith:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Kairi Sane
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez
Tommaso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki
Shinsuke Nakamura

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez

Minoru Suzuki
Shinsuke Nakamura

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Shingo Takagi
Roman Reigns
Kairi Sane
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez
Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Luchasaurus
Tommaso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Kairi Sane
Juice Robinson
Luchasaurus
Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shingo Takagi
Roman Reigns
Kairi Sane
Brock Lesnar
Mercedes Martinez
Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Luchasaurus
Tommaso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Kairi Sane
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez
Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Shingo Takagi
Roman Reigns
Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Luchasaurus
Tommaso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Kairi Sane
Brock Lesnar
Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Kairi Sane
Brock Lesnar
Luchasaurus
Tam Nakano
MJF
Momo Watanabe

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Kairi Sane
Juice Robinson
Luchasaurus
Tomasso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez
Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Samoa Joe
Brock Lesnar
Luchasaurus
Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez
Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shingo Takagi - BEEF
Shota Umino - he only just left and I already can't wait for the return of the Death Shooter
Kairi Sane - one of the few people in WWE I really miss
Juice Robinson - Brock couldn't rock those outfits
Mercedes Martinez - hate to vote against a wrestling dinosaur but Mercedes is an all time fave
Tommaso Ciampa - pretty much held NXT together in 2018
Minoru Suzuki - the Royal Quest entrance is my favourite live wrestling moment ever
Momo Watanabe - I'm happy Nakamura's happy but yeesh

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Kairi Sane
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez
Tommaso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Takagi/Tozawa: I love both my DG boyz very much... but Tozawa is my favourite
Reigns/Umino: uuuuaaaa deez nuts.
Joe/Sane: He's slow, old and in a bad company, but he's still Joe.
Lesnar/Robinson: Juice deserves so, so much more
Luchasaurus/Martinez: One of these wrestlers is a shoot dinosaur, so it's an easy round.
Ciampa/Nakano: Despite the lackluster ending, Ciampa/Gargano was good poo poo. So, yeah.
Suzuki/MJF: MJF might be the most heel, but no. Just no. Kaze ni nare, mate.
Nakamura/Watanabe: I just watched purowave's Nakamura video and it reminded me about the good times. So there.

Akira Tozawa
Shota Umino
Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Luchasaurus
Tommaso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki
Shinsuke Nakamura

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Kairi Sane
Juice Robinson
Luchasaurus
Tommaso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez
Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Kairi Sane
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez
Tam Nakano
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

A vote for Tam is a vote for pandas. Andreza and Producer P are counting on you.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shingo Takagi
Shota Umino
Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez
Tommaso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

Takagi vs Tozawa is a great match. They were tag partners, they were rivals, they had a No Rope No DQ match, they had an ace match at King of Gate 2015. But Shingo has had a great 2 years on top of DG, leading ANTIAS, & then on top of that he goes to New Japan has an absolutely incredible run through the Junior division and then a dope transition to Heavyweight and G1. Meanwhile Akira is on 205 Live & no one is watching. If Akira Tozawa vs. Drew Gulak vs. Humberto Carrillo vs. Oney Lorcan happens in a forest and no one is there to see it, can it really be a good match? Hopefully Tozawa gets free when his deal expires and can get a chance to rebuild himself.
Shota Umino is a very good Young Lion, he does a lot within that regimented formula and has oodles of promise. Roman Reigns is fine but :shrug:
Samoa Joe vs Kairi Sane is tough because they are both excellent & probably Sane is better at this point in ring but I just watched the first Samoa Joe vs CM Punk match from 2004 where they make a 1 hour draw incredibly exciting and tense. Also he's one of the best promos in the business. And I have an inherent bias towards people who were in ROH in that era because it was my intro to indy wrestling. In fact Joe vs Kobashi was the match that got me to watch ROH for the first time despite knowing gently caress all about Kobashi except "he's a legend".
Brock Lesnar has really high highs, when he can be arsed he can do really fun things. But Juice is more consistent, he's one of the best promos around at the moment, and his matches can be great. It's so funny that this guy who is a quintessential American style wrestler washed out of NXT.
I don't get Luchasaurus, sorry. Meanwhile Mercedes is a cool vet.
I've not seen very much Nakano so she loses by default. Ciampa vs Gargano eternal feud was a big part on me tapping out on even just watching Takeovers.
Minoru Suzuki is scary and violent and he has a unique charisma. MJF is a good character but no, he's not beating one of my absolute faves.
I dunno, Nakamura is kinda like Brock in the sense of really high highs but a lot of not giving a poo poo, which is fine. Enjoy your retirement Shinsuke. Momo Watanabe is not just cruising on charisma though.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Shingo Takagi

Samoa Joe
Juice Robinson
Mercedes Martinez
Tommaso Ciampa
Minoru Suzuki
Momo Watanabe

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014