Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm like 6-8 years behind the curve when it comes to music, since that's the amount of time for all the fad type stuff to filter out and only the really memorable or good music is still floating around in the public consciousness.

However, that's the first Billie Eilish song I've ever heard and it sounds like something from a bad trip that would make you want to slit your wrists. Why has it been seen 620 million times :psyduck:

At first I thought Andy was just fumbling the pronunciation of Billy Idol.

Which is figuratively and literally Gen X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
My 13 yo daughter is way into B. E. So I have had to listen to all of it and take her to a concert.

This girls got pipes, writes all the music with her brother, hates female body objectification, is veg and anti drug. The rest is about 16 yo romance.

It's super duper harmless.

(Covering MJ's "bad" live)
https://youtu.be/Pv6Rt2x6kPg

My kids favorite song to blast when she's sad, and at 13 that's all the time.

https://youtu.be/pbMwTqkKSps

I don't know if y'all have seen what the rest of teen music looks/sounds like, but it's pretty gratting.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 7, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

so trump jr tweeted the whistleblower's name

Well what is it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im not posting it

fox news even has a memo out telling their anchors not to say it

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Just loving amazing...not that it matters but could that be considered intimidation of a witness? (if he even got the person right)

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm just going to get ahead of this and say don't post the name of the whistleblower in the thread.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Welp what can the whistleblower do?

Recourse wise.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Vas....u....dus?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

LingcodKilla posted:

Welp what can the whistleblower do?

Recourse wise.

Err, desperately try to not get shot? Nothing.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Here, have another contemplative cover by a girl with pipes. It's helping me to listen to this again while digesting today's news fire hose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ095S0MmnA

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Now how would Don Jr, a private citizen with no role in government (since he’s so busy running Daddy’s business for sure) and certainly no security clearance, know something that’s probably classified to hell and back? What a mystery!

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

dubzee posted:

Here, have another contemplative cover by a girl with pipes. It's helping me to listen to this again while digesting today's news fire hose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ095S0MmnA

I like that! My wife listens to her a lot but I struggle with the antonnal aspects of her album, but I'm getting passed it.

It's not a fire hose, it's the ocean.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Now how would Don Jr, a private citizen with no role in government (since he’s so busy running Daddy’s business for sure) and certainly no security clearance, know something that’s probably classified to hell and back? What a mystery!

This is what I’m very curious about.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It was in a breitbart article so a republican probably leaked it to them cause they already know who it is iirc

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1192246410349043714?s=21 :lol:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

And Barr wouldn't even do it!

Edit: Dude's gonna get Comeyed and it'll be lol

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 7, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

McNally posted:

I'm just going to get ahead of this and say don't post the name of the whistleblower in the thread.

ty dude

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

facialimpediment posted:

And Barr wouldn't even do it!

Someone help me, my brain can't keep up with all this. Exactly who is loving over who at this point. In my head, with every node as a person in the GOP, the gently caress you graph looks something like this:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Welp yeah he sure did tweet it, holy poo poo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hexyflexy posted:

Someone help me, my brain can't keep up with all this. Exactly who is loving over who at this point. In my head, with every node as a person in the GOP, the gently caress you graph looks something like this:

I'd say we're at about 3.5 Departeds of double crossing here.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Hexyflexy posted:

Barr's interest is dictatorship. If Trump wants to do stuff that helps Barr move the country in that direction, Barr will back him. If Trump wants to do stuff that will serve only himself, Barr won't back him.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

joat mon posted:

Barr's interest is dictatorship. If Trump wants to do stuff that helps Barr move the country in that direction, Barr will back him. If Trump wants to do stuff that will serve only himself, Barr won't back him.

How is “when it comes to national security if the president does it then it’s not illegal” not peak dictatorship?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

How is “when it comes to national security if the president does it then it’s not illegal” not peak dictatorship?

I think the last thing Barr wants to be seen as is Trump's toady, and “when it comes to national security if the president does it then it’s not illegal” has been hammered home pretty drat hard over the last 18 years. All that's left is this clearly personal illegality. The Ukraine stuff is more Trump's personal crimes than anything national security related.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Liz Goodwin (@lizcgoodwin) Tweeted:
Biden on getting things done post Trump: "With Donald Trump out of the way, you’re going to see a number of my Republican colleagues have an epiphany. Mark my words. Mark my words,” https://twitter.com/lizcgoodwin/status/1192182232368263168?s=17

Sanders says the same kind of poo poo about how if they’re (Sanders or Biden) president, GOP will suddenly teamwork it up with Democrats, and they’re both wrong as hell about it.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

There will be an epiphany but it will just be about how they need to stonewall against anything a (d) or (i) suggests even harder until they blame everything on blue hard enough they hold house senate and pres again. And the supreme court is definately going to do their part

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can't wait to respond to the next "We promise you the whistleblower process protects you" email I get from the IG asking if this is what their loving protection is worth

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiiEPSKrCMk

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So I read an article the other day saying that there's nothing criminal about naming the whistleblower, unless he also happens to be a covert agent. The whistleblower act apparently only covers workplace retaliation.

However, whoever chooses to do so, opens themselves up to serious civil liability if as a result the whistleblower faces some kind of damages. I'm pretty sure the constant death threats and harassment he'll now face will constitute some interesting damages. It's why most news outlets pulled the plug on ever naming him.

But if you dig up the dude's name and check out his resume, I would've shut the gently caress up if that's the guy I was trying to discredit. He most be one of the world's foremost experts in his field and has be lauded by everyone in government no matter the political lean.

Naming him literally helps no one and hurts everyone to some degree.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

not caring here posted:

world's foremost experts in his field and has be lauded by everyone in government no matter the political lean.

Oh that's gonna change real quick. Strong Daddy Trump is gonna say person bad, so person bad.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

What the gently caress ever, bro. My dad owns some apartment buildings.
/
/

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

not caring here posted:

Naming him literally helps no one and hurts everyone to some degree.

You mean to tell me that Donald Trump Jr. did something stupid? I don't believe it.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

There's an ever growing laundry list of laws and regulations that need to be overhauled at the federal level to address all the loopholes and 'technically not illegal' behavior Trump and his kids and underlings have been committing on a daily basis. :lol: if they'll actually get implemented though.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Gotta say, I'm a fan.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Billie Eilish is a kid who literally started by writing songs with her brother who is a producer so there's the indie cred and her latest single is about climate change and (boomers) can go gently caress themselves if they start panicking about it now

So yeah, she's good (even if she's not your thing)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also, jump on the Bill Gates discourse train everyone!

https://twitter.com/AnandWrites/status/1192218814643089408?s=19

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Eej posted:

Also, jump on the Bill Gates discourse train everyone!

https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/1192290506190942208

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I still would rather gates be richest man alive than bezos but thats not saying much

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My wife and I are big fans of the Amazon brand and it’s subsidiaries like Whole Foods. I honestly didn’t know Bezos was the richest man in the world. I thought it was still that Mexican telecom mogul. Is there some reason to hate him / Amazon et al.?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
He's the richest man in the world, what more reason do you need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

My wife and I are big fans of the Amazon brand and it’s subsidiaries like Whole Foods. I honestly didn’t know Bezos was the richest man in the world. I thought it was still that Mexican telecom mogul. Is there some reason to hate him / Amazon et al.?

Source your quotes