Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

snoo posted:

I don't like those long bendy buses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bendy buses are weird ya

we'll never get them here tho because a lot of the roads are only just big enough for buses anyway and rely on people actually stopping for lights where they're supposed to stop

move in week is always a nightmare but I'll never not delight in the sight of some out of state UHAUL or huge SUV getting honked at mercilessly as they wait an eternity for a chance to back up out of a one way street or by a bus that they pulled too far up and now it can't make its turn

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bearjew posted:

wishing I could move to a city not in the south and with public transportation

come to minneapolis for the public transit, stay because you did not dress appropriately for the weather and have frozen solid

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nae! posted:

i should be impressed by this but i come from a long line and wide circle of alcoholics, so i personally know someone who wrecked his car and walked off a casual .42

i had a roommate in college that passed out in some bushes in a residential are with a .414 (from a blood test when he got to the hospital), was taken to the hospital, but he woke up was a huge rear end/beligerant, so they gave him an iv and released him with around a .20 6 or so hours later

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Bearjew posted:

come down to NC and i'll ride you around on my bike

it's not made for two so we're sharing a seat unless you call basket

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Plinkey posted:

*pukes on everyone else's term papers*

*shits in your breifcase*

wait is that not what you're usually supposed ot keep in briefcases

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nae! posted:

I know this makes me a piece of poo poo AND a filthy millennial, but sometimes I think about the tom green show where he found a guy who was terrified of pennies and dumped a billion pennies on him, and i laugh until i'm crying

drat that's like 10 million bucks who do I gotta tell I'm terrified of pennies

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

wait is that not what you're usually supposed ot keep in briefcases

whiskey is poo poo so yes :twisted: :can:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Plinkey posted:

i had a roommate in college that passed out in some bushes in a residential are with a .414 (from a blood test when he got to the hospital), was taken to the hospital, but he woke up was a huge rear end/beligerant, so they gave him an iv and released him with around a .20 6 or so hours later

holy poo poo, the .42 guy i knew was someone who'd been drinking nonstop from the age of like 15 to 55. how do you get up to that level in college? that guy mustve been a drinking savant.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bearjew posted:

it's a crapshoot in the north too, move to a college town but even then it's gotta be a college town that isn't total garbage

only real difference is that the north has a lot of cities with light rail it's just that it's all under 100 years of pavement

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

oh

MY GOD

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Epic High Five posted:

tom green, assuming he's still alive somewhere

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I got stuck in the bendy part of the bus the other day but it was pretty crowded so I had to have one foot on part that was spinning around and one part on the stable part of the bus, doing the little bus dance all along the ride

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

why were they filming

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Addamere posted:

come to minneapolis for the public transit, stay because you did not dress appropriately for the weather and have frozen solid

I really like Minneapolis. My college roommate was from Eden Prairie and I spent a few summers up there. I definitely couldn't handle the winters, though.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nae! posted:

holy poo poo, the .42 guy i knew was someone who'd been drinking nonstop from the age of like 15 to 55. how do you get up to that level in college? that guy mustve been a drinking savant.

he had to stop drinking for like 2 years at around 25 so he wouldn't die. I think that night he drank a bottle of gin in about 20 minutes

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

mad.radhu posted:

why were they filming

horrible noises of the bus falling apart over the preceding minutes?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday posted:

I got stuck in the bendy part of the bus the other day but it was pretty crowded so I had to have one foot on part that was spinning around and one part on the stable part of the bus, doing the little bus dance all along the ride

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

maybe these radical ideas need to be spread outside of cspam

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Plinkey posted:

he had to stop drinking for like 2 years at around 25 so he wouldn't die. I think that night he drank a bottle of gin in about 20 minutes

jesus, that dude must not've had a fun backstory if he was in death territory at 25

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nae! posted:

tom green, assuming he's still alive somewhere

Dear Thomas Green,

Xaris posted:

whiskey is poo poo so yes :twisted: :can:

bourbon lyfe, Evan Williams baby, the Worker's Bourbon

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

CODChimera posted:

im sleepy though

augias
Apr 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vl1m5FYlAo

i'll be dancing to this song when 2016 ends in a few months

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bearjew posted:

I really like Minneapolis. My college roommate was from Eden Prairie and I spent a few summers up there. I definitely couldn't handle the winters, though.

we are forecast to have one of the coldest winters ever this year! :peanut:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm listening to NPR while stuck at work and they're doing an entire story on "OK boomer" what the heck

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

great big cardboard tube posted:

So I'm listening to NPR

ok boomer

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

CODChimera posted:

i see people drinking piss all the time, thanks

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Minneapolis is for idiot loving cowards. St. Paul is pretty cool (Addamere is afraid to go there)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

snoo posted:

public transport should be widespread, accessible, and free

75¢ per stop passed billed straight to your RailMe app

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Epic High Five posted:

bourbon lyfe, Evan Williams baby, the Worker's Bourbon

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

holy poo poo i cant believe the mods have a pre-crime division, thats the only way this speed is possible

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh hell yes

E I was hoping for this every time I rode the bendy bus

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nae! posted:

jesus, that dude must not've had a fun backstory if he was in death territory at 25

never drank until he got to college, i went to hs with him too, and graduated with close to a 4.0 in hs, and basically did a canonball off niagra falls of drinking when he got to college

he was also into robotripping for a while, and lots and lots of coke

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calibanibal posted:

Minneapolis is for idiot loving cowards. St. Paul is pretty cool (Addamere is afraid to go there)

it is true. they make excellent burgs in st paul but i have them delivered because i cannot cross running water.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

You sure you want 5 million pounds of pennies dumped on you?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I think rum is good

augias
Apr 7, 2009

whats rum with u guys

augias
Apr 7, 2009

addamere go to the AEA conference in mineapolis and wear he piss tape hat

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Plinkey posted:

he was also into robotripping for a while, and lots and lots of coke

hoooooly poo poo i havent thought about robotripping in forever. i never bothered because the thought of that much cough syrup sitting in my stomach sounded disgusting, but im sure its still got its advocates.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

god imagine standing there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Addamere eat the burger