Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

for star map stuff just use the same build like i posted you will be fine, you dont need huge spore stacks against enemies on level 30 sabotage or whatever when they die from casting 4

toxin lash aug and just killing everything around what youre meleeing because of the gas clouds is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Put my first prime (Saryn) in the oven. What are some good builds? At first glance, I feel like maximizing range is a solid plan for those spores.

My Build - 3 Forma, some maxed late game mods. Arcanes and/or Magus Repair to sustain hp.

Saryn Lite - 1 forma build with Regenerative Molt. Forma is just to let you slot Corrosive Projection.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Don't know if it's been brought up, but if anyone is having trouble getting their Condition Overloads running because of sub-par status chance, may I suggest taking a look at a Zakti? Lovely little dart gun with instant, guaranteed procs that you can fire off before dashing in for a murdering. Especially potent when combined with a Glaive.

Why yes this is just an excuse to verbally felate one of my favorite weapon combos again.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

As a relative noob, I was really looking forward to 'nuke frame' Saryn and realized it wasn't quite what I expected. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I guess I expected something like an overpowered Volt's 4 just destroying whole map's with the press of a key, and I'd sit there with a poo poo-eating grin homer-bird-tapping 4 every 15 seconds... which probably sounds way more fun in theory.

When I finally got Saryn (prime) and realized I had to actually work to stay alive and (somewhat) spread my spores, and (definitely) manage my energy, and that no, I wasn't going to easily solo ESO to round 8 while playing Neo Scavenger on my phone, I still didn't get that in Warframe there isn't really a true AFK type of nuke-frame (RIP ember?? I wouldn't know). At least, not at the level I'm at (MR12). And if there was, maybe it wouldn't even be fun to play because there would be no challenge.

Thanks for reading my blog, and as an addendum I wanted to add that I've still got a full Saryn Prime set to give away to any noobie goon who doesn't have it yet and doesn't want to crack 23 Neo S13 relics for the chassis like I had to, and nearly burn themselves off of Warframe in the process.

Also, I spawned my lich with a Nezha before realizing it was the spawning frame that determines the weapon's element. How can I figure out what my lich's is?

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Also, I spawned my lich with a Nezha before realizing it was the spawning frame that determines the weapon's element. How can I figure out what my lich's is?

The Warframe wiki has a table listing which frames spawn which liches. (Which lich is which?) Nezha, sensibly enough, produces liches with Fire on their weapon and Fire-themed abilities.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Thanks for reading my blog, and as an addendum I wanted to add that I've still got a full Saryn Prime set to give away to any noobie goon who doesn't have it yet and doesn't want to crack 23 Neo S13 relics for the chassis like I had to, and nearly burn themselves off of Warframe in the process.

If noone else wants it, I will grab it. Something new to focus on would be good for me right now. IGN is shootymcstab

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 7, 2019

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

NPR Journalizard posted:

If noone else wants it, I will grab it. Something new to focus on would be good for me right now. IGN is shootymcstab

No worries, I'm on the discord as 'Shatner's Shrimps' or IGN as 'chafingshatner' hit me up when you get a chance to dojo!

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

bom mirage takes like 2 forma to make work and since its her 2 simaris wont even yell at you for spamming it unless you do it like 20 times

Can you post your bomb build? Not seen one before.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

no, I wasn't going to easily solo ESO to round 8 while playing Neo Scavenger on my phone, I still didn't get that in Warframe there isn't really a true AFK type of nuke-frame (RIP ember?? I wouldn't know). At least, not at the level I'm at (MR12). And if there was, maybe it wouldn't even be fun to play because there would be no challenge.

Wukong with acceltra does this

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Berke Negri posted:

bom mirage takes like 2 forma to make work and since its her 2 simaris wont even yell at you for spamming it unless you do it like 20 times

Somehow this build flew entirely under my radar, but after looking it up, I'm gonna have to give it a try today.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Guilty posted:

Wukong with acceltra does this

yeah or duality equinox with acceltra

or outside *SO a specter with acceltra (btw Gauss as a specter is hilarious, he spams his 1 to zoom around, but he has no rules for turning so does constant 180s and sharper turns)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
What are some fun guns to run on Mirage? I was thinking that Lenz would be hilarious but have not tested it out yet.

Should I be buying any of the Vaubaun mods before the patch drops on consoles? I have a weird feeling that they might go up in price...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Lenz is good, yes

Edit: Anything explosive or AoE is good too.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mesadoram posted:

What are some fun guns to run on Mirage? I was thinking that Lenz would be hilarious but have not tested it out yet.

Should I be buying any of the Vaubaun mods before the patch drops on consoles? I have a weird feeling that they might go up in price...

The Tetra, with the augment that makes the projectiles bounce.

DE are cowards and gave the bouncy pellets a very short maximum range / number of bounces (I forget exactly which, and it might be both) but even crippled as it is, you can still accomplish beautiful things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzk_vX1Wgu8&feature=youtu.be

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Mirage with Acceltra is real loving good.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Avynte posted:

Somehow this build flew entirely under my radar, but after looking it up, I'm gonna have to give it a try today.

It's only really good in ESO and NSO.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sandweed posted:

It's only really good in ESO and NSO.

After playing around with it for a couple hours I can definitely see why. It was good fun in Kuva Surv though at least with that high enemy density.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Mesadoram posted:

Penta is my go to, Kulstar is hilarious but 100% will kill you, the gauss weapons are both great but I prefer Akarius because the homing gets really cool with clones, and Tuxedo mentioned the glorious Tetra combo but the same thing applies to Drakgoon w/fomorian accelerant.

Haven't tried Kuva Ogris but most AOE weapons are good. Also, Eclipse has a bunch of funky unstated rules but the top two are that it is a ton more damage than you think and also doesn't apply to your clones, so always be eclipsing but also know its limits.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

No worries, I'm on the discord as 'Shatner's Shrimps' or IGN as 'chafingshatner' hit me up when you get a chance to dojo!

Cheers, I will jump on when I next get the chance and hit you up.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

I still didn't get that in Warframe there isn't really a true AFK type of nuke-frame (RIP ember?? I wouldn't know). At least, not at the level I'm at (MR12). And if there was, maybe it wouldn't even be fun to play because there would be no challenge.

You should have seen Saryn 1.0. Her '4' was technically an AOE DOT, but you could use negative duration to compress all of the damage into a nuke-like burst. It was a beautiful thing with transient fortitude and fleeting expertise

But yea, DE's been slowly nerfing all of the big aoe nukes in favor of AOE dots. The best remaining ones are probably Equinox (but not spamable), Volt (with high enemy density), Gara (requires some setup)

It looks like Vauban's new nuke scales automatically with enemy level. I need to give that a try...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

DE are cowards and gave the bouncy pellets a very short maximum range / number of bounces (I forget exactly which, and it might be both) but even crippled as it is, you can still accomplish beautiful things:

I unironically like the feel of the Tetra, so I'm all in for something that makes it a better gun.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

gaj70 posted:

But yea, DE's been slowly nerfing all of the big aoe nukes in favor of AOE dots. The best remaining ones are probably Equinox (but not spamable), Volt (with high enemy density), Gara (requires some setup)

It looks like Vauban's new nuke scales automatically with enemy level. I need to give that a try...

Equinox is a really odd one since she operates more like a support frame in that Maim needs the team to kill things outside of maim to be particularly good, she just gets credit for the bonus damage.

Ember is likely the second most straight nuker after Volt now.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Rad ephemera get.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mesadoram posted:

What are some fun guns to run on Mirage?

Phantasma and Cyanex.

What's aiming?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Helter Skelter posted:

Phantasma and Cyanex.

What's aiming?

It's that thing you do when you don't run with an Arca Plasmor that's been forma'd into a tiny god.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Helter Skelter posted:

Phantasma and Cyanex.

What's aiming?

The Cyanex sounds like stupid fun.

Tulip posted:

Penta is my go to, Kulstar is hilarious but 100% will kill you, the gauss weapons are both great but I prefer Akarius because the homing gets really cool with clones, and Tuxedo mentioned the glorious Tetra combo but the same thing applies to Drakgoon w/fomorian accelerant.

Haven't tried Kuva Ogris but most AOE weapons are good. Also, Eclipse has a bunch of funky unstated rules but the top two are that it is a ton more damage than you think and also doesn't apply to your clones, so always be eclipsing but also know its limits.

Forgot about the Kulstar, gotta play around with that.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

:allears:

It's beautiful.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've been killing myself left and right running a mirage with a kuva ogris with the firestorm mod

highly recommended

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nalesh posted:

Rad ephemera get.

Guhhhh, I missed out on the Bat one since every time I played the third Halloween mission we failed.
I have the smoking body one but I cannot get the Ash part to save my life.

I'm dying here!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Mesadoram posted:

The Cyanex sounds like stupid fun.

it is, but be warned you will need to max and slot (primed) quickdraw for it to reach its true heights. Worth the endo cost, though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rhino's #2 skill seems ridiculously good. I have dramatically more survivability with him than my other frames. I like how the extra health stays indefinitely until it's been exhausted; how do you even die if you have a decent source of energy? Knocking people around with 1 and 4 is also fun.

I also have Frost, Ember, and Mag in the oven right now. And the Dread bow (which I'm looking forward to - I like bows in this). Also just started Uranus.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Generally the only way Rhino dies is either having low armor remaining and taking a really heavy burst damage hit (which you can prevent if you refresh your skin occasionally with one of his augments) or if he runs into a nullifier bubble by accident and gets pasted before he can get out and recast.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ytlaya posted:

Rhino's #2 skill seems ridiculously good. I have dramatically more survivability with him than my other frames. I like how the extra health stays indefinitely until it's been exhausted; how do you even die if you have a decent source of energy? Knocking people around with 1 and 4 is also fun.

I also have Frost, Ember, and Mag in the oven right now. And the Dread bow (which I'm looking forward to - I like bows in this). Also just started Uranus.

Rhino has the best complexity to survivability ratio.
Some other frames can handle more because they have better tricks but Rhino just doesn't have to care.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Night10194 posted:

Generally the only way Rhino dies is either having low armor remaining and taking a really heavy burst damage hit (which you can prevent if you refresh your skin occasionally with one of his augments) or if he runs into a nullifier bubble by accident and gets pasted before he can get out and recast.

I have gotten killed on kuva lich missions where there's more damage than energy coming at me. (I just can't solo the drat things. :saddowns:)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

All those Parazon mods that say "X on Mercy", do those apply to thralls as well?

Seems pointless to get an energy orb every time you Mercy a lich, considering how infrequently that happens.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

As a relative noob, I was really looking forward to 'nuke frame' Saryn and realized it wasn't quite what I expected. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I guess I expected something like an overpowered Volt's 4 just destroying whole map's with the press of a key, and I'd sit there with a poo poo-eating grin homer-bird-tapping 4 every 15 seconds... which probably sounds way more fun in theory.

When I finally got Saryn (prime) and realized I had to actually work to stay alive and (somewhat) spread my spores, and (definitely) manage my energy, and that no, I wasn't going to easily solo ESO to round 8 while playing Neo Scavenger on my phone, I still didn't get that in Warframe there isn't really a true AFK type of nuke-frame (RIP ember?? I wouldn't know). At least, not at the level I'm at (MR12). And if there was, maybe it wouldn't even be fun to play because there would be no challenge.

Thanks for reading my blog, and as an addendum I wanted to add that I've still got a full Saryn Prime set to give away to any noobie goon who doesn't have it yet and doesn't want to crack 23 Neo S13 relics forgot the chassis like I had to, and nearly burn themselves off of Warframe in the process.

Counter point: Nova

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

All those Parazon mods that say "X on Mercy", do those apply to thralls as well?

Seems pointless to get an energy orb every time you Mercy a lich, considering how infrequently that happens.

It applies to any parazon kill. You can even parazon kill normal enemies if you get them low enough (this never happens with even most boss enemies because they die in 1 blast out of your OP gun lol)

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

ya enemies seem like they have to get down to like 5 or 10% health in order to finisher them without sneaking up on them.

Frost and Mag are both real good and strong, personally Mag is probably one of my favorites. But they both take a little more effort and higher end mods to make them really shine, otherwise they can be a tad underwhelming.

Ember's recent rework is a ton of fun. Imo she probably still meeds a bit more damage but you probably don't really notice that until level 50 or 60+.

The Dread is fantistic and if you like bows it might end up being one of your favorite primaries. There are others, the diakyu is hot right now, I like the mutalyst cernos a lot, but the dread can hit over 100% crit with only a regular maxed crit mod. It's very good,especially early one. Dices people up good too. hell most of the times I've seen ultra wonky disection has been with the dread, shoot a dude in the head and watch one legless corpse go flying with the arrow while the bottom 2/3 of a headless corpse pops off in a different direction.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

in Warframe there isn't really a true AFK type of nuke-frame

That's more or less right, yeah. And deliberately so, as DE has been removing afk abilities like that one by one for as long as I've been playing. They want you to engage with the game if you want to play it. Rude of them, isn't it? :v:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
For the longest time, I thought it was "mutualist" instead of "mutalist".

It even makes sense if you look at the dictionary.

Definition of mutualism

1 : the doctrine or practice of mutual dependence as the condition of individual and social welfare
2 : mutually beneficial association between different kinds of organisms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there some way to know when you're going to get matched with a group for a level? At first I thought it was replaced to the number of "Open Groups" on a node, but that doesn't seem to be the case (I'll join a thing with 2 or 3 open groups and still go into it solo).

There've been a few times where there's been some node that looks like a pain in the rear end and I want people to join me to make it easier, and I'll just sort of restart it several times and hoping other people join (or I automatically join someone else).

edit: hahaha I looked up the boss I was running for Ember parts yesterday and noticed that apparently Rhino's Iron Skin protects him from all the fire damage stuff. I was wondering why I was able to just stand there while fire was being sprayed everywhere without taking damage.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 7, 2019