Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Neo_Crimson posted:

Dexit sucks and people have a right to be mad about it, whether they post on Reddit or not.

They can be mad and I can make fun of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Is there any word on if the games can be played docked? IIRC Let's Go had some weird and stupid limitation to playing docked.

What? Why wouldn't they be?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Is there any word on if the games can be played docked? IIRC Let's Go had some weird and stupid limitation to playing docked.
Let's Go forced single joycon play while docked to accommodate the ball throwing. That isn't present in Sword and Shield so any controller should be fine.

EDIT: If I can play it with the ball again though, I will.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Let's Go forced single joycon play while docked to accommodate the ball throwing. That isn't present in Sword and Shield so any controller should be fine.

EDIT: If I can play it with the ball again though, I will.

Yea I didn't mind the catching mechanic, but I heard you can't use the pokeball in SwSh.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

That's a pretty morbid ability to give it. :catstare:

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
I'm an active Pokemon Go player and absolutely loved the catch system in Let's Go. I can see why some wouldn't like it, but I like having the option to casually catch. It would be cool to have the option to choose between the traditional method and the interactive method, but I don't know how to best implement it and balance the two. Quality of life improvements like that are great for people like me who don't have 6 hours a day to play video games anymore.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ZHamburglar posted:

I'm an active Pokemon Go player and absolutely loved the catch system in Let's Go. I can see why some wouldn't like it, but I like having the option to casually catch. It would be cool to have the option to choose between the traditional method and the interactive method, but I don't know how to best implement it and balance the two. Quality of life improvements like that are great for people like me who don't have 6 hours a day to play video games anymore.

I think having some sort of fatigue system for Pokemon would help, while also making the Go-style catching feel less RNG based. Use items like baits or pester balls to wear them down, use your own Pokeball to battle them, or just lob balls one by one until you get the Pokemon.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ZHamburglar posted:

I absolutely would not call the annoying motion-controlled minigame to be a quality of life improvement.
Especially so because I've talked to a few disabled people who were kind of pissed off about it - turns out people with nerve spasms or hosed up muscles enjoy turn based games without complex button inputs, and really hate precise motion controls. Who'da guessed.

That style of catching should stay in mobile games and spin-offs where it belongs.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Galar pokemon can be traded for their Non-Galar forms per the leaker guy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Araxxor posted:

That's a pretty morbid ability to give it. :catstare:

Interesting ability for something that is going to be murdered by anything physical

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Neo_Crimson posted:

Dexit sucks and people have a right to be mad about it, whether they post on Reddit or not.

Grown adults throwing literal baby tantrums over a loving video game and sending literal death threats to Masuda and co. absolutely deserve to be mocked relentlessly.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Framboise posted:

Grown adults throwing literal baby tantrums over a loving video game and sending literal death threats to Masuda and co. absolutely deserve to be mocked relentlessly.

There's a difference between being disappointed that their pals are AWOL and a bunch of sociopaths having a normal one. It's always important to disown the shitheads when you talk about that stuff. Sure some people overcooked it, but it is a collection game for a bunch of those people. Telling people why they should or shouldn't enjoy a game is kinda silly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm just bummed my boy Blastoise ain't gonna be joining my Dirty Half Dozen

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Dehry posted:

Galar pokemon can be traded for their Non-Galar forms per the leaker guy.
is there any confirmation over whether alolan forms of pokemon will be allowed in?
I need those nature candies so my shiny alolan raichu can be actually viable

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

d3lness posted:

There's a difference between being disappointed that their pals are AWOL and a bunch of sociopaths having a normal one. It's always important to disown the shitheads when you talk about that stuff. Sure some people overcooked it, but it is a collection game for a bunch of those people. Telling people why they should or shouldn't enjoy a game is kinda silly.

I get it. I'm bummed about the National Pokedex being butchered too. It's disappointing but I'll still buy it and play it all the same.

Don't make the mistake of thinking I'm equating the people "just disappointed" to those who have gone completely psycho over it-- but a lot of those "just disappointed" people are making pretty big fools of themselves throwing big fits about it too. And likewise, them saying the people who are excited for the game shouldn't be because it's just proof that Pokemon is ruined and Game Freak is evil and lazy and you're part of the problem if you buy the game is silly.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My son really loves Let's Go and played it all the way and beat the whole thing and I'm nervous that normal catching will bum him out. It's be much cooler if it was a choice to switch between Let's Go catching or traditional.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blaziken386 posted:

is there any confirmation over whether alolan forms of pokemon will be allowed in?
I need those nature candies so my shiny alolan raichu can be actually viable

Until a dataminer gets the game and sees what Pokemon are available beyond the Galar pokedex we really won't know.

It's not like there will even be a way to put Pokemon from other games onto the system without hacking for a few months.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Any more info on the Exp. Share? Is it really always-on now with no toggle? I really liked its implementation in Gen 6/7 where it was basically Easy/Normal mode toggle with the game clearly being balanced around not actually using it. I'm not sure how they could balance an always-on version with how the varying EXP curves work.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is Pokemon the only jrpg where players complain about party members getting experience outside of battle?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Is Pokemon the only jrpg where players complain about party members getting experience outside of battle?

Generally the other RPGs with shared XP are balanced around the assumption that everyone is getting XP, unlike pokemon

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Andrast posted:

Generally the other RPGs with shared XP are balanced around the assumption that everyone is getting XP, unlike pokemon

Well it sounds like the times, they are a changin'

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Even if ss is balanced around always on xp share there’s no benefit to not having it be a toogle that’s on by default.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

My stat estimates are 92/121/132/83/145/128 with rough estimates for IVs based on that purple graphic (slightly imperfect atk/def, middling spatk). I think it lost some speed and gains quite a bit of defense. It's still incredibly fast and stupidly bulky, while also having a solid attack stat.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Neo_Crimson posted:

ok rillaboomer

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What types are the legendaries? Fairy/Steel and Fighting/Steel?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

What types are the legendaries? Fairy/Steel and Fighting/Steel?

Mono Fairy/Mono Fighting in base form. They have a special held item that gives them the 2nd steel type, and seems to give +30 in 2 stats with -10 in another (Zamazenta appears to get +30 def/spdef while losing 10 speed).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Flapple and Appletun aren't exclusives, it's just a split evo depending on what item you give them. Also, Appletun is 1'4" tall and it's dex entry is pretty :stonk:

"Its body is covered in sweet nectar, and the skin on its back is especially yummy. Children used to have it as a snack."

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

Mono Fairy/Mono Fighting in base form. They have a special held item that gives them the 2nd steel type, and seems to give +30 in 2 stats with -10 in another (Zamazenta appears to get +30 def/spdef while losing 10 speed).

Interesting! Since the base forms are effectively different 'mons entirely, I wonder how they'll end up being used in competitive play? Generally a free item slot is considered more valuable than a forme change item, and their stats seem plenty badass before modification. I could see, ironically, base Zacian being built defensively over Zamazenta.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god every Pokemon center has a Name rater/Move relearner/Move deleter npc now.

EDIT: By the way the leaker said he has seen some non-regional forms of Pokemon for trade. Specifically he said he saw Mr. Mime and Cofagrigus. I suspect this will probably only be for the normal forms of Galar Pokes but I guess it's not impossible that you could get Alola forms too.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 7, 2019

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So are there traditional zones in this game? Like Route X flows into Route Y, where you have clear distinctions between the areas? Or is it one big open world? Cause I'm seriously considering Nuzlocke for my first play through.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Both. There’s regular routes then a largeish open area with overworld encounters. Dunno how exactly these will intersect.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

So are there traditional zones in this game? Like Route X flows into Route Y, where you have clear distinctions between the areas? Or is it one big open world? Cause I'm seriously considering Nuzlocke for my first play through.

That seems like a decent way to counteract the un-disablabe exp share. Though I'll be adding a "new mons only" caveat to mine.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Google doc with lots of new info https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f6nll_1FTDVYR2wVxUHuyqWxTOQtU6kO7_ibcY2Lf_0/htmlview

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Obstagoon's got some surprisingly good stats huh. Thought attack would be a little higher tho.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/puppsicle/status/1192224273999417344

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

"Cinderace" rhymes with "Liberace"

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

What if it rhymes with endurance?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

"Cinderace" rhymes with "Liberace"

:hmmyes:

Just like Phione rhymes with Hermione.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Shiny Lunala / Solgaleo codes:

A8993RK3286G7QRQ

A8993RL4ENTGS84P

Had to spoof my GPS then install the APK for Pokemon Pass. It's nice being able to do that without rooting. Maybe it'll be available in Canada one day.

For the starters, I'm not feeling any of the final evolutions, I was all in for Grookey, but now leaning Sobble. How many people just don't evolve them? Will they be completely useless by the end of the game? This goes for Yampers too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I was feeling Sobble and still am I guess, but Intelleon is kind of a boring design. All the starters this time are kinda dull imo. My enthusiasm for them are as low as it was for gen 5's lineup.