Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Amazing graphics: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1089100/Power_Block/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Being able to cut yourself in a video game sets my teeth on edge.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

quote:

MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION
The developers describe the content like this:

This game does include the use of strong, mature language.

Somehow I think that only one of those adjectives is actually right.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Please God, let Mario Kart come to PC one day.

*Monkey's paw curls*

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Palpek posted:

*Monkey's paw curls*

The reviews are quite good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Jamfrost posted:

The reviews are quite good.
Looks like it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

irony will be the death of us all

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hwurmp posted:

irony will be the death of us all

the thing about people who want to ♥♥♥♥ garfield is that they're rarely being ironic

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Palpek posted:

*Monkey's paw curls*

I can't get over how neotenous Garfield looks in the title graphic. He looks like Nermal with an orange coat of paint.

Maybe Garfield Kart - Furious Racing takes place before he reaches his canonical surly adulthood.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Still looks better than whatever the hell this is. Far as I can tell the kid is a Youtube superstar who now has his own game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgOdS_ZwC6k
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1054990/Race_With_Ryan/

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Palpek posted:

Looks like it

this game takes people on a journey

quote:

07/27/1978
When I was 18... 18 years old, I saw for the first time in my life... I saw an image of clarity. I saw a comic strip... a three panel comic strip that, though simple as it seemed, changed me... changed my being, changed who I am... Made me who I am...
Enlightened me...
The strip, Garfield, the comic strip was new... no more than maybe a month and a half since inception, since... since coming into existence... and there it was before me in print, I saw it... a comic strip... What was it called?
Garfield.
The story here is of a man, a plain man. He is Jon, but he is more than that... I will get to this later, but first let us say that he's Jon, a plain man.
And then there is a cat... Garfield.
This is the nature of the world, here. When I see the world, the politics, the future, the... the satellites in space, and... the people who put them there...
You can look at everything as a man and a cat... two beings, in harmony and at war...
So, this strip I saw; this man, Jon, and the cat, Garfield, you see...
Yes... hmm...
It is about everything. This... little comic is, oh, lo and behold... not so little anymore.
So yes, when I was 18, I saw this comic... and it hit me all at once, its power. I clipped it, and every day, I looked at it, and I said "Okay... let me look at this here. What is this doing to me? Why is this so powerful?"
Jon Arbuckle, he sits here, legs crossed... comfortable in his home, and he reads his newspaper... The news of the world, perhaps... and then he extends his fingers lightly, delicately... he taps his fingers on an end table, and he feels for something...
What is it? It is something he needs, but it is not there.
And then he looks up, slightly cockeyed, and he thinks... His newspaper's in his lap now, and he thinks this...
Now where could my pipe be?
This... I always come to this, because I was a young man... I'm older now, and I still don't have the secrets, the answers, so this question still rings true, Jon looks up and he thinks...
Now where could my pipe be?
And then it happens... You see it, you see... it's almost like divine intervention, suddenly it is there, and it overpowers you...
A cat is smoking a pipe.
It is the man's pipe, it's Jon's pipe, but the cat... this cat, Garfield, is smoking the pipe... and from afar, and someplace near, but not clear... near but not clear... The man calls out... Jon calls out, he is shocked. "Garfield!" he shouts.
Garfield. The cat's name.
But, let's take a step back... let us examine this from all sides, all perspectives... and when I first came across this comic strip, I was at my father's house... a newspaper had arrived, and I picked it up for him, and brought it inside.
I organized its sections for him and then, yes, the comic strip section fell out from somewhere in the middle, and landed on the kitchen floor... I picked up the paper pages and saw, up somewhere near the top of this strip... just like Jon, I was wearing an aquamarine shirt.
So I thought, "Ah, interesting. I'll have to see this later." I snipped out the little comic, and held on to it... and five days later, I reexamined it... and it gripped me, I needed to find out more about this. The information I had was minimal, but enough...
An orange cat named Garfield...
Okay, that seemed to be the lynchpin of this whole operation, yes. Another clue... a signature in the bottom right corner, a man's name...
Jim Davis.
Yes, I'm on to it for sure.
So... one: Garfield, orange cat, and two: Jim Davis, the creator of this cat...
And that curiously plain man.
I did not know, at the time, that his name was Jon. This strip, you see, had no mention of this man's name, and I'd never seen it before.
But I had these clues; Jim Davis, Garfield.
And then I saw more, I spotted the tiny copyright mark in the upper left corner. Copyright 1978 to... what is this? Copyright belongs to a... PAWS Incorporated...
I use the local library and mail services to track down the information I was looking for...
Jim Davis, a cartoonist, had created a comic strip about a cat, Garfield... and a man, Jon Arbuckle. Well, from that point on, I made sure I read the Garfield comic strips, though as I read each one, as each day passed... the strips seemed to resonate with me less and less...
I sent letters to PAWS Incorporated, long letters, pages upon pages... asking if Mister Jim Davis could somehow publish just the one comic, over and over again... "It would be meditative," I wrote, "the strength of that."
Could you imagine?
But... no response... The strips lost their power, and eventually I stopped reading, but... I did not want my perceptions diluted, so I vowed to read the pipe strip over and over again... That is what I call it, "The Pipe Strip."
The Pipe Strip.
Everything about it is perfect. I can only describe it as a miracle creation, something came together... the elements aligned... It is like the comets, the cosmic orchestra that is up there over your head... The immense, enormous void is working all for one thing, to tell you one thing...
Gas and rock, and purity, and nothing.
I will say this... When I see the pipe strip... and I mean every single time I look at the lines, the colors, the shapes that make up the three panel comic...
I see perfection.
Do I find perfection in many things?
Some things, I would say... Some things are perfect... and this is one of them. I can look at the little tuft of hair on Jon Arbuckle's head... it is the perfect shade... The purple pipe in Garfield's mouth... How could a mere mortal even MAKE this?
I have a theory, about Jim Davis...
After copious research and, yes, of course, now we have the internet, and this information is all readily available, but...
Jim Davis, he used his life experiences to influence his comic...
Like I mentioned before, none of them seem to have the weight of the pipe strip... But you have to wonder about the man who is able to even, just once, create the perfect form, a literally flawless execution of art, brilliance! Just as in a ward... I think there is a spiritual element at work...
I've seen my share of bad times and... when you have something... Well, it's just... emotions, and neurons in your brain, but... something tells you that it's the truth...
Truth's radiant light.
Garfield, the cat? Neurons in my brain, it's... it's harmony, you see? It... Jon and Garfield, it's truly harmony, like a... continuous, looping, everlasting harmony... The lavender chair, the brown end table, the salmon-colored wall, the fore's green carpeting, Garfield is hunched, perched... perhaps with the pipe stuck firmly between his jowls... His tail curls around. It's more than shapes too, because... I...
Okay, stay with me... I've done this experiment several times.
You take the strip. You trace only the basic elements. You can do anything, you can simplify the shapes down to just... blobs, just outlines, but it still makes sense...
You can replace the blobs with magazine cutouts of other things, replace Jon Arbuckle with a... car parked in a driveway sideways, cut that out of a magazine, stick it in... Replace him there in the second panel with a... a food processor... Okay, and then we put a picture of the planet in the third panel over Garfield...
It still works.
These are universal proportions. I don't know... how best to explain why it works, I've studied the pipe strip, and analyzed Jon and Garfield's proportions against several universal mathematical constants.
E, Pi, the Golden Ratio, the Feigenbaum Constants, and so on... and it's surprising... scary even, how things align. You can take just... tiny pieces of the pipe strip, for instance, take Jon's elbow from the second panel... and take that, and project it back over Jon's entire shape in the second panel, and you'll see a near perfect Fibonacci sequence emerge...
It's eerie to me... and it makes you wonder if you're in the presence of a deity, if there is some larger hand at work...

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lodin posted:

Still looks better than whatever the hell this is. Far as I can tell the kid is a Youtube superstar who now has his own game.

Sleeveless posted:

Context is that this is from the game Race With Ryan, which is a kart racer whose license is an insanely popular childrens YouTuber who goes by the handle Ryan ToysReview. His character model is the one being ripped, so this is ostensibly a portrayal of a real living seven year-old boy.

https://twitter.com/TiniestTurtles/status/1190415712977932288

https://twitter.com/TiniestTurtles/status/1190432300149985280

:dehumanize:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I feel this is the perfect time to introduce you all to something amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lodin posted:

Ryan is in fact one of the highest paid YouTube personalities ever.

I guess this is inevitable if PewDiePie has his own game.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The first Garfield Kart isn't that bad. It's not going to win any awards for being innovative or fresh, but for what it is it's pretty solid.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ultrafilter posted:

The first Garfield Kart isn't that bad. It's not going to win any awards for being innovative or fresh, but for what it is it's pretty solid.

At this point, what would be the best way to really innovate on a kart racer?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

The Bee posted:

roguelike/metroidvania

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Diddy Kong Racing was the kart metroidvania

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The Bee posted:

Make it into an AR experience that pops up randomly when you're driving your actual car

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

bullethell too

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

The Bee posted:

Alternate VR input peripheral that uses the movements of your rear end to shift your vehicle's center-of-mass for cornering/friction control. IoT Teledildonics Vulnerabilities optional.

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 7, 2019

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

What if I told you that somebody made a Dark Souls clone and called it Vicious Gambling Agreement?

quote:

Vicious Gambling Agreement,Dark and fantastic style,The difficulty has a degree of challenge,evil open punishing system to players in the fighting.It is subject to relying on weapons and fighting with many BOSS many times and then approaching to evil step by step and challenge the world governed by evil.

quote:

[Story background]
In old centuries, Orcs lived with human beings harmoniously in the world imbued with disorders, and they stayed long with each other under any circumstances of pleasure, sadness or anger.

However, an incidence happened and led to the collapse of the world; the divine lights radiated from the heaven and black smoke roared on ground. Such wonderful scene has never been seen by anyone occurred, when raged yelling from all sides and various fighting voices, arms hitting voice and desperate calls mixed together. Blood light dyed all over the world and the world was being changed by a power. Orcs and human beings were infected, swallowed and wondered around after fight at a closed quarters. The only idea is pursuing power.

The angels govern the world since a long time and caused their ignorance to the power of evil who had arranged a firm net covering all sides.

Angels were lured by evil as their ignorance and trapped by evil tricks, agreed the gambling agreement.

A soldier consistently fight in the war can not only keep calm but gained strong power, he didn’t know what he can do in this desperate world and what to do next except struggling, but a mysterious force continuously pioneered him forward.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

It's been a while since I played any Dark Souls game, but some of those textures are just straight lifted from them, aren't they?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I want to play whatever game that monster in the third screenshot is from.

Assuming it's not a very high-quality Unity store asset.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Bee posted:

Track changes between laps like in Sonic Transformed

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

The Bee posted:

Literally just make Split/Second 2.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Too Shy Guy posted:

I want to play whatever game that monster in the third screenshot is from.

Assuming it's not a very high-quality Unity store asset.

I'm pretty sure it's just Nito from Dark Souls

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Palpek posted:

What if I told you that somebody made a Dark Souls clone and called it Vicious Gambling Agreement?

Is the gambling agreement "you must do whatever you can to pay back the money you borrowed from me and gambled away, including making a Steam game with stolen assets"?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, Sonic Transformed and the sequel actually did some new stuff with the genre.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sonic Transformed was one of those games where I've been a casual fan of the genre for a long time and after my first play session, I was like "that's it, everything from here is going to have to settle for being a variation on this."

I don't think I'm gonna get the Garfield Kart games, but if they'd made Garfield DLC for Sonic Transformed, well.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I feel this is the perfect time to introduce you all to something amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

My life is better for this.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
https://store.steampowered.com/app/833530/Make_Zombies_Great_Again/

I recommend the character trailer.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I can't watch that. I can't.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172940/Cockwork_Industries_Complete/

I can't fault the marketing, I clicked just because I wanted to know if it was a typo or not.

Cockwork Industries Complete is an erotic adventure game where you play as Dwayne, winner of the Willy Wanker's Golden Ticket, invited to attend the mysterious event that's about to take place in the infamous science facility - Cockwork Industries.

Learn the mysteries of Cockwork Industries and romance its steaming-hot employees in this thrilling tale of sex, science, deception and panda plushies!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also have the Samba Studios song. That's as good as it gets

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

BEARS, VODKA, BALALAIKA! 🐻 - The year is 1941. You play as russian soldier in times of nazis occupation.

Soviet Bear Uni Adventure- Soviet Bear is on his daily commute to the circus, and it ain't easy.

Both released on the same day.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I don't get it. The joke is that Butch is insulted when people call Pedro a gardener? Why is that so funny to the creator?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Palpek posted:

BEARS, VODKA, BALALAIKA! 🐻 - The year is 1941. You play as russian soldier in times of nazis occupation.

Soviet Bear Uni Adventure- Soviet Bear is on his daily commute to the circus, and it ain't easy.

Both released on the same day.

They should consider a whole range of Nationality, Animal, Alcohol, Weapon, Musical Instrument games. Just flood the market with ‘em until the ironysphere collapses.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I don't get it. The joke is that Butch is insulted when people call Pedro a gardener? Why is that so funny to the creator?

Maybe he's a woke redneck.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

The White Dragon posted:

the thing about people who want to ♥♥♥♥ garfield is that they're rarely being ironic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Thanks, community.