Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Big moment for rope kid-a photo featuring a woman combat vet with a tattoo of the Joshua Graham Quote featured on Good Morning America, with the quote read aloud just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I think it's electro city, not nvinteriors, that started off fairly mundane and good, then went fuckin' bananas with bloat

but naming a mod that did that is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

El_Elegante posted:

Big moment for rope kid-a photo featuring a woman combat vet with a tattoo of the Joshua Graham Quote featured on Good Morning America, with the quote read aloud just now.

What quote?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

^^^ lol i have totally seen that quote used by some troop at one point

jfood posted:

I think it's electro city, not nvinteriors, that started off fairly mundane and good, then went fuckin' bananas with bloat

but naming a mod that did that is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Yeah, Electrocity added a poo poo ton of NPCs and buildings.

Simple Street Lights seems to be the recommended replacement for Electro City, it's what I use. Just be sure to get this small fix for it too. The original mod apparently broke the "Ant Misbehavin'" side quest when it removed a reference to a light in one of the scripts and the modder forgot to recompile the script.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, electrocity eventually added a ton of npcs and engineers who were supposed to fix the lights. Like, that’s kinda cool, but it didn’t shake out in practice.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Has this been done in any of the big animation packs already? I don't really use most of 'em, but this looks pretty good, and I always love Hitman's stuff; his animated condition/ammo check is one of my favorites.

Iron Sights Recoil Animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9qg5l6no-A

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What's the best mod to integrate GRA weapons into the game seamlessly now?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Crindee posted:

Has this been done in any of the big animation packs already? I don't really use most of 'em, but this looks pretty good, and I always love Hitman's stuff; his animated condition/ammo check is one of my favorites.

Iron Sights Recoil Animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9qg5l6no-A

Wasn't there a mod that introduced recoil and sway by script and removed the one that's inherent to the game mechanics? I tried it for a while but I was paranoid it'd affect game balance for the worst and dropped it. I'm very curious to see if with all the mods that are out these days, the gunplay can be made to feel decent without necessarily reducing the influence of skills or dramatically changing the balance though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
holy poo poo

[Inventory Search]

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Are there any mods to make the crafting menus less awful?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

watho posted:

Are there any mods to make the crafting menus less awful?

This mod has some minor improvements
  • You can craft as many items as you can (have the components for) of a recipe - all in one, single batch.

• You can keep crafting, uninterrupted - the menu will remain open until you select to close it.

• When using a mouse, you can simply click on a recipe, directly from the list, to select it. There is no need to also click 'Accept'.

• No corner-message spam when closing the menu.

[JIP Improved Recipe Menu]

e:I believe the mod I posted earlier (inventory search) also works during crafting

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Oct 23, 2019

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Skwirl posted:

What's the best mod to integrate GRA weapons into the game seamlessly now?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44587

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCEewyIE_0c
Is there a soundtrack mod that implements this completely new music genre? Or at least a radio channel?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Big Iron wins because it loving slaps, next

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

watho posted:

Big Iron wins because it loving slaps, next

Can we get Reel Big Fish to stop doing covers of songs from the 1980s for a moment to do a cover of a song from the 1960s?

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

So there are two tools out right now, Automaton and Wabbajack, that let you create a modlist based on your MO folder, which you can then share, with the tool automatically download, installing and generating all the files needed for you. Does anyone know of any modlists out there? They seem to hard to find bc Nexus nerds flip out over them.

Anyone had a chance to try either of them out?

FrancisFukyomama fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 8, 2019

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
I know Wabbajack in particular needs you to have nexus premium/whatever they call it in order to work. As far as I'm aware the first stop to look for relevant modlists is their Discord but otherwise I wouldn't know for sure.

No idea about Automaton

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Automaton is mostly dead, wabbajack is great. Head to the WJ discord to do find lists, though from what I remember there's only one fnv list.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
What is the best mod to resize/shrink the HUD elements now? I just want the bars & icons and poo poo on-screen to be smaller. Vanilla UI+ and condensed vanilla fonts helped some things but the HUD stuff is still gigantic.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So I've been trying to get back into this after I got a new computer, downloaded Vortex off Nexus and redownloaded a bunch of mods, but now when ever I boot up the game it immediately crashes to desktop. It ran fine without mods, then when I enabled everything and launched through Vortex/NVSE it started crashing, now it won't even work when I launch it through Steam. Can anybody help me with this?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

You’re gonna have to turn them all of and on to figure out which is messing up. There’s probably more than one installed wrong.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
If it's crashing when you launch it through steam it's most likely something wrong with your .ini files. See about deleting and recreating them.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

LashLightning posted:

Can we get Reel Big Fish to stop doing covers of songs from the 1980s for a moment to do a cover of a song from the 1960s?

Don't know why that's necessary, the definitive version already exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZfItlZG97Q

e: Comedy option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRa0KZsGhc

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

You’re gonna have to turn them all of and on to figure out which is messing up. There’s probably more than one installed wrong.

Thanks, I think I narrowed it 0to one of the graphics mods I had. Now the game only crashes every hour or so.

So, back to normal.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

FYI I accidentally used NVSR and New Vegas Tick Fix together and it's a total shitshow of random crashes to desktop and hard locks if you do that. So don't. :v:

Disabling NVSR instantly made it totally stable.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Don't know exactly what I did but the Tick Fix didn't work for me and neither did the Stutter Remover. What did work was the tweaks to the stutter remover made by that weirdo behind New Vegas ULTIMATE guide that promised the world and accomplished nothing.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Cynic Jester posted:

Automaton is mostly dead, wabbajack is great. Head to the WJ discord to do find lists, though from what I remember there's only one fnv list.

Do you have to go to their discord to find the instructions? reading a few pages back it sounds like the modlist was briefly on the site but was then removed.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Yes, you'll have to use discord for now.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Is there any mod for Fallout 3 that removes the unblockable damage bonuses given to DLC enemies?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I have built a monument more lasting than bronze,
higher than the Pyramids’ regal structures,
that no consuming rain, nor wild north wind
can destroy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1196147807633182725?s=19

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

StandardVC10 posted:

Is there any mod for Fallout 3 that removes the unblockable damage bonuses given to DLC enemies?

"Point Lookout Difficulty Fix" fixed the issues I had with it. Just searching "point lookout damage" on Nexus ought to give a selection of mods to deal with that issue.

The adventures of That Quote are hilarious largely because, in proper context, the first fire is metaphorical and the second fire is literal, but the quote in the wild treats both fires as metaphorical.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I’d argue that the moto firefighter hoody also treats the second fire as literal, but that Marine with it is definitely of the metaphorical interpretation

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Internet Wizard posted:

I’d argue that the moto firefighter hoody also treats the second fire as literal, but that Marine with it is definitely of the metaphorical interpretation

(Gun) fire.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You ever get those moments where you're browsing the nexus, see something that looks cool and you just start messing around? I was looking at some new head mods and I decided to give the TFH Rugged Faces mod a go. I saw an image that said it had the rugged face texture applied to Nuska's old "Men/ Women of the Wasteland" headmeshes, so I went into the mod files and swapped out the face textures. The results were actually pretty neat looking so I've been playing mix and match with face textures and headmeshes from a lot of mods.

This is an evolution of sorts. You start by playing dress up with all the outfits in the game. Then you move on to making better looking player characters with looksmenu mods. Then you start experimenting with headmesh and facial texture mods. Then you start mix and matching various mods. Then you open the GECK and you try to modify a ported headmesh to use vanilla eyes because the mod you're using made the race's eyes an equipped item and using vanilla eye textures gives your character a look like they've just had their brains hosed silly.

If I keep this up I'll be making my own weird fetish mods before long and I'll become a prestigious Slab member.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh god I am thinking of spending money on creation club.

They actually got a modder to do the Mercenary stuff from Fallout 3 and it looks good....but the quest to get it is painful.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They're not adding creation club stuff to New Vegas are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Wrong thread, but still.