Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What?
San Diego Chargers
Los Angeles Super Raiders
Philthyseventy Sikxtyflyers
The Rams
View Results

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Intruder posted:

lol rivers angrily clapping for the ball as the play clock expires and his center turning around like "what the gently caress do you want?"

well drat he's always so mad about poo poo, guy needs to relax and take it more slowly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Refs not even jogging in to tell em the play is dead

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I will fondly remember Rivers throwing fits on the field at some point in my life should I live long enough, but that time will come after he's retired.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Dr. Cuddles posted:

hello i just got home and missed everything

has this game been good in a bad way or bad in a good way

The former.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Was it Rivers or Cutler who spiked the ball then kicked it like a toddler

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Troy Aikman has not quite reached Terry Bradshaw levels of "whoa, where am I and why am I here" but he sounds like he's on his way.

He's also a crank on Twitter too. He's probably going to be a senator soon or something.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Intruder posted:

Was it Rivers or Cutler who spiked the ball then kicked it like a toddler

I miss cutler

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dr. Cuddles posted:

hello i just got home and missed everything

has this game been good in a bad way or bad in a good way

Rivers has tried to throw 5 interceptions, completed two. The Raiders offense has turned back into a pumpkin mostly.

It's goodish, some clownball some football.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

GrimGypsy posted:

Cena hasn't done full-time work in 2-3 years now, and has only done a handful of appearances in that time - generally episodes of RAW that have some particularly special gimmick about them. He never "retired" and was honestly doing some of the best work of his career toward the end(while regularly saying he'd NEVER LEAVE after lambasting The Rock for ditching WWE for hollywood and only moonlighting occasionally).

He apparently isn't willing to do Vince's Saudi Arabia shows and has also missed a lot of fairly "big" shows in the interim. His last "big" match, if I recall correctly, was against the Undertaker a couple Wrestlemanias ago. It would have been a dream match 10 years prior, but this was just a weird sad squash where Undertaker kicked Cena's rear end in 5~ minutes.

I guarantee you he'll do a bit more wrestling at SOME point, but I think the days of seeing him weekly for more than a month are long since past.

Good on him for telling Vince to gently caress off.

I always look for him because people keep telling me how amazing it'll be for Cena to turn heel, but I missed the boat during his heyday so I don't really know how good of a babyface he was to begin with, other than from how popular he is even now, and all the stuff he does for Make-A-Wish and other charities. John seems like a good dude.

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010

hell yeah brother

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Troy Aikman has not quite reached Terry Bradshaw levels of "whoa, where am I and why am I here" but he sounds like he's on his way.

At least he was cool enough to poo poo on Doug Gottlieb when the dude called Luck a pussy for retiring

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Lol that pass

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

sleeper agent cable strikes again

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

Good on him for telling Vince to gently caress off.

I always look for him because people keep telling me how amazing it'll be for Cena to turn heel, but I missed the boat during his heyday so I don't really know how good of a babyface he was to begin with, other than from how popular he is even now, and all the stuff he does for Make-A-Wish and other charities. John seems like a good dude.

Decent guy, could be very good in the ring with the right people when WWE wasn't having him just demolish everyone. He also had a lot of charisma and could generally cut good promos and do good expressions and stuff in-match, and good promos/storytelling are in dire shortage these days in WWE. He got pretty stale after a while because WWE refused to take the risk of changing his character much, so he was just a hybrid Boy Scout/Marine who kept having the same feuds with the same guys forever, to the point where him having the same feuds with the same guys became its own storyline a time or two. I was pretty tired of him, but watching Roman Reigns sleepwalk through matches or Seth Rollins whine on the mic makes me miss him.

I guess what I'm saying is watch AEW.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Kalli posted:

.... some dude working at a Buffalo Wild Wings here mixed ammonia and bleach and mustard gassed the entire kitchen, killing himself and sending a dozen people to the hospital.

Thats a hell of a way to try forcing overtime

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

the RG Jackson who’s back from injury is getting abused

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress is the point of the stupid chargers if they won't give the ball to justin jackson the ball carrier

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

got any sevens posted:

Thats a hell of a way to try forcing overtime

:ocelot:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GrimGypsy posted:

Decent guy, could be very good in the ring with the right people when WWE wasn't having him just demolish everyone. He also had a lot of charisma and could generally cut good promos and do good expressions and stuff in-match, and good promos/storytelling are in dire shortage these days in WWE. He got pretty stale after a while because WWE refused to take the risk of changing his character much, so he was just a hybrid Boy Scout/Marine who kept having the same feuds with the same guys forever, to the point where him having the same feuds with the same guys became its own storyline a time or two. I was pretty tired of him, but watching Roman Reigns sleepwalk through matches or Seth Rollins whine on the mic makes me miss him.

The US Open Challenge did a lot to rehabilitate him, but he killed a ton of careers in his time at the top

Reigns is fine when he isn't reading promos written by Vince, Seth has turned into even more of a bootlicker than when he was the corporate champ

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not sure about that choice.

2nd and 8 vs 3rd and 2. I guess it's about the same.

Worked out to be slightly worse.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

*puts on TMQ hat* The average play goes for 6.5 yards so- *gunshot*

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

and now its 3rd and 5 lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

I really need to, other than being unmotivated to watch any network/cable TV other than football/basketball. I unironically watch more wrestlers' YouTube channels than anything they do in their wrestling leagues.

Asuka's YT channel has almost nothing to do with wrestling, and if you didn't know who she was, you'd think she was just some random Japanese celebrity.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Flag, successful play over 5 yards. Put 25 minutes back on the clock and lose 7.8 yards~

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
:flag: football

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 8, 2019

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Raiders are going to blow this aren't they?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Qwijib0 posted:

was this ever in doubt

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

I wouldn't trust either team at this point.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Qwijib0 posted:

Real chance for a tie still

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Drink every time there is a flag

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

this is a messy, awful game

its hard to watch

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Peachfart posted:

I dont want to add to the BWW body count

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Peachfart posted:

But I'm at an AA meeting!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Intruder posted:

The US Open Challenge did a lot to rehabilitate him, but he killed a ton of careers in his time at the top

Reigns is fine when he isn't reading promos written by Vince, Seth has turned into even more of a bootlicker than when he was the corporate champ

its hard to say he killed a lot of careers when theres no chance that vince would have let any of those victimized succeed anyway

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Peachfart posted:

Listen I'm already drunk, no need to add onto it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
this game and both of these teams sucks rear end

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I really need to, other than being unmotivated to watch any network/cable TV other than football/basketball. I unironically watch more wrestlers' YouTube channels than anything they do in their wrestling leagues.

Asuka's YT channel has almost nothing to do with wrestling, and if you didn't know who she was, you'd think she was just some random Japanese celebrity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P7WV2UC6l4

aew is rad as gently caress

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Peachfart posted:

Sorry fam, got a kid on the way. I need to live.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

this game and both of these teams sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

wwe is beyond bad and you should feel bad for posting this