Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
In my opinon all it needs is a reduction of stats/limb hp for the hazard units and the thrashers should always be 1-2 max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Alright, I've got a long weekend, so I'll check out what I can do with it then.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

These guys have a 2x natural str multiplier, several hundreds hp for all limbs, have natural regeneration and insane armors. Also the NPC ones that roam the world have 150 str and toughness by default. Why? Theyre so cool and fun looking and the tower they have is cool too with spooky red lights. But its so broken and unbalanced the mod is unuseable.

It seems like it'd be pretty easy to edit the mod file to change the values, it's just numbers so comparatively easy.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Whenever modding games you usually have to dial back the insane numbers the modder puts in by about 75% so i'm not surprised tbh.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dogstile posted:

Whenever modding games you usually have to dial back the insane numbers the modder puts in by about 75% so i'm not surprised tbh.

look man it's only fair that Beep has 255 strength he is the strongest warrior

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

going to give Steady negative stats

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hmm. I have a collection of nobles, but I'm missing Lord Yoshinaga of Heng.

Heng still belongs to UC, but half the buildings are in ruins. World State Checker says Yoshinaga is alive... not sure where to find him.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Zesty posted:

Hmm. I have a collection of nobles, but I'm missing Lord Yoshinaga of Heng.

Heng still belongs to UC, but half the buildings are in ruins. World State Checker says Yoshinaga is alive... not sure where to find him.

A lot of times the nobles won't spawn/respawn when a worldstate change overwrites their city.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I made a mistake. I made fishman playable and gave them hair.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FrickenMoron posted:

I made a mistake. I made fishman playable and gave them hair.

oh dear

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
So what mistake did you make?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
It's pure horror. I'm currently trying to figure out how to make the buildings in the town purchaseable for free. I added a 2% chance that you can talk to any fishman if they're allied and they will join you instantly.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Factions have a price modifier for buildings, but I don't know if it is in addition to the regular price or not. I'm messing with item prices and they get weird fast.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'm not familiar with that scripting function, is that per-character or per-click? It's probably not a working as intended if you can theoretically just click on any random fishman 50 times and, on average, get a free recruit out of it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Plek posted:

Factions have a price modifier for buildings, but I don't know if it is in addition to the regular price or not. I'm messing with item prices and they get weird fast.

I know that item prices are heavily affected by ther value of their ingredients.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Yep, and it seems simple, but I don't think they're uniform. Changing the profitability on wheatstraw from -.2 to -.8 game me things from 12000c per strawflour to -8000 depending. I should probably write it all down instead of eyeballing it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I once tried to make Repair Kits much less valuable so they weren't insane as loot, but I did not succeed.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Taking out the trash.

Emperor Tengu watches from a cage on the left.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 8, 2019

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm not familiar with that scripting function, is that per-character or per-click? It's probably not a working as intended if you can theoretically just click on any random fishman 50 times and, on average, get a free recruit out of it.

No it's a permanent chance that only every 50th fishman even gets the dialogue bubble appearing.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
So after fooling around a bit i actually made a legit Fishman game start. So far:

-start on fish island as a fishman
-Fishmen are your allies
-Everyone else hates you
-You can rebuild all buildings in the town
-Every fishman has a 1% chance to be recruitable

Does that sound fun as a gamestart? thinking about uploading it to the workshop perhaps.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That actually does sound really. I jury-rigged a similar Fogman start once, although instead of scripting a recruit dialogue I just used prisoner recruitment and pretended.

Also put it on the Nexus please, I bought the game on GOG.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yeah I didnt want to do the recruit prisoners thing so Instead i gave the fishmen a shortened version of the agnu recruit thing and it only works if they're friendly. Basically if you hover your cursor over them and they get a dialogue bubble you can recruit them, you click and get the "name character" window.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

FrickenMoron posted:

Oh yeah definitely. It bothers me about some youtube video series too, unless theyre narrated well with a good reason for the big skips etc. On the other side you have youtubers that spend 40 minutes in a video shoving people into cages and micro their inventory around...

I've already got a plan where to go next, I'm also gonna try to edit the wandering recruits squad so the skeletons are all kinds (p4 unit, screamer, etc) instead of just the default 3 eyed skeletons. I also need to uninstall this https://www.nexusmods.com/kenshi/mods/501 mod because these are completely broken.

These guys have a 2x natural str multiplier, several hundreds hp for all limbs, have natural regeneration and insane armors. Also the NPC ones that roam the world have 150 str and toughness by default. Why? Theyre so cool and fun looking and the tower they have is cool too with spooky red lights. But its so broken and unbalanced the mod is unuseable.

It's the same with the Thrashers mod this guy made, they are robotic walking turrets but for some reason he thought it would be good to have them be barrel harpoons, so they can rapidly empty 6 shots of 100+ damage into your guys and they travel in packs of 4.

This one bothers me so much, because I'd LOVE to love the idea. But they raid in large groups, it takes a team to focus-fire a single one down and even then they're only down for a few seconds because their HP KO point is -100. I have a mod that tones down weapon AOE so they at least can't solo entire cities, but yeah I think the person who made this has the assumption you either run 100+ guys or have triple-layered killbox walls.

So far I've been having a fast runner distract them and lead them away from my base, and then they get bored and go home. Which is pretty funny.

If anyone does tweak their stats so they aren't each the most dangerous things in the world and sneaks it somewhere that would be fantastic. I went through that thing of modding other people's mods back in Morrowind to make them reasonable and oh goodness I don't want to get caught in that rabbit hole again.

There's just so many cases of modders going "I added this neat thing! It's your new God."

I have the same problem with ikahurula's mods, who adds a bunch of really nice looking weapon types... which are all straight upgrades to all the other weapon types in the game, with no downsides in comparison.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Someone already did the work!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1910

Lowers their stats on average considerably and nerfs their armor which had better coverage than even crab armor.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Someone already did the work!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1910

Lowers their stats on average considerably and nerfs their armor which had better coverage than even crab armor.

That's a TF2 mod?

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

That's a TF2 mod?

I searched it and found this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1910723550 which looks like it's it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Ah the link got messed up my bad. I always forget you have to select the entire bar when copying links from the steam Browser. If you just double click it won't grab it all despite being marked.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Lone Badger posted:

That's a TF2 mod?

What we really need in Kenshi is silly hats.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Playing around with the xml files for the body proportion sliders is too much fun.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I've also uploaded my gurgler gamestart on the workshop!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1910822157
I'll look into getting it on the nexus too somehow for the non steam players.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Playing around with the Hazard debuff mod, they're still honestly bullshit. A group of 3 destroyed my squad of 9 without any of them dropping below 100HP in any part. And they still do 100-150 damage a hit, which is enough to OHK anyone not wearing layers of the best armor. I just don't think there's any salvaging that mod.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Did they "fix" stealth training on prisoner poles and in cages? If they did, how do I undo it.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Recent patch made it so you shouldn't gain infinite free stealth for stealthing in a cage, yeah. I don't think there's a way to undo it, I'm pretty sure they changed stuff the FCS can't reach.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The most obvious solution would be to downgrade to a previous version. I haven't patched my game since the beginning of February because I like where it's at and I don't want it to change anything I've gotten used to.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
It turns out it isn't really needed, anyway. There's a dead end path in Rebirth that the guards never go on but if you stealth from one end to the other you get mad xp gain for some reason, I got my guys into the 60's after about 10 minutes.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I think getting stealth xp requires you to move now, but it does seem like the range that it counts other creatures for xp is bigger. Or maybe I just never noticed. Either way, getting stealth xp isn't terribly hard.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Yeah it turns out it's really easy to grind stealth on anyone, just find a large group of enemies in the distance and sneak around behind them. Your stealth will rocket up with little risk, though keep out you don't bumble into another cannibal horde or something

edit: Next thing, training up martial arts on my 2 starting rebirth slaves. I've got the training mat mod that'll take them up to 10, will it work better if I tank thier MA with armor and heavy crap?

Carcer fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 13, 2019

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

One of my current goals is to assemble a "collection" of major characters in my settlement to use as trophies/training dummies. So far I've just started out and captured Valamon and the heads of the Ashland Domes. I was going to capture Holy Nation leaders next but when I went to Blister Hill, Holy Lord Phoenix was nowhere to be found; I couldn't find him anywhere in town and some random High Paladin was sitting in the throne. I tried importing the game with everything checked and Phoenix came back, but I also lost all of my prisoners in the process.

Is there any way to do an import so that I don't lose my prisoners? (also on that note what doesn't "count" when "dead NPCs" is checked? Do all the ruins I've cleared out fill up again?) Alternatively is there any way to dig around in the save file with the mod tools to find out exactly where the Holy Lord Phoenix (or anyone else for that matter) is, since he's clearly still alive?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Nope, importing means everyone gets teleported back to their starting locations, if theyre imprisoned theyre also accounted as "dead".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It definitely is possible to use the mod tools to dig around in save files and even edit active squads and such, but I'm not sure it would do you any good to try to find him that way because all data is put down in X/Y/Z absolute positions, since the map is one contiguous piece with no real named areas as such. I actually haven't got a save right now where I've messed with any named NPCs, funnily enough, but the platoon data is saved that way and the same thing would probably apply to NPCs also.