Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Some of you may remember me asking for advice with an elderly downstairs neighbour who was having some problems with my and my partners footsteps in the flat above. We had a chat with her and we took thread advice of rugs and slippers and all that and after a couple weeks without any complaints we thought everything was sorted.

I came home from work yesterday to a threatening letter from our letting agent about noise complaints and continuing complaints may get us kicked out. We rang the letting agents and they said we've been making too much noise at 3/4am, untrue as we are never awake then.

We reckon the neighbour might be attributing noise from the students in the other upstairs flat. But she also seems unwilling to speak to us any more, so I think our only option might be to get the council involved, which was genuinely the last option we wanted but, again I dunno where to go from here and it's causing my partner a great deal of stress.

More of a vent post than anything, but advice would be appreciated again.

E: wow what a miserable snipe! The 101st Regiment of Foot known as the British Bengali Fusiliers was Britain's first non-native infantry regiment

Tiger Millionaire fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Nov 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Man this election is going hard on poo poo posts getting people to stand down. Tories saying heinous poo poo getting raked over the coals for it I don't mind, but that 'bang and the terf is gone' meme screwing over Frances Hoole is a nasty example of Internet culture clashing with the :decorum: of the olds.

This is a goddamn masterpiece from the Simpson thread:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

endlessmonotony posted:

Either extreme of the Bristol Stool Scale is bad, in the middle is the good spot, so you might be onto something :hmmyes:

So are you planning to write a journal article on the Bristol Centrism Scale?

Here is a bad Potatoshop I made ages ago:

Braggart posted:

The people's turd is deepest red
It shitted oft our martyred dead
And ere their limbs grew stiff and cold,
The beetroot dyed its every fold.

So raise the scarlet standard high,
Beneath its stench we'll live and die,
Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,
We'll keep the red turd flying here.

I am bad at fonts plz help.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Trying to memorise key talking points for canvassing. Does anyone know of there's a list anywhere of easily digestible "Tories want to gently caress is over with A, Labour will give X" type talking points for key?

Also a source for local figures for cuts to NH, police, etc as I'm canvassing in a marginal that's actually in a neighbouring county so I need to bone up a little on local deets

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

team overhead smash posted:

Trying to memorise key talking points for canvassing. Does anyone know of there's a list anywhere of easily digestible "Tories want to gently caress is over with A, Labour will give X" type talking points for key?

Also a source for local figures for cuts to NH, police, etc as I'm canvassing in a marginal that's actually in a neighbouring county so I need to bone up a little on local deets

Ask the local CLP people for the latter.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eschenique posted:

Can anyone clear up the whole "Corbyn did Iranian State TV for £20,000" thing?

Looks kind of a bad considering the Iranian regime at the time. I realize it's blown out of proportion on the google search results but are there any mitigating circumstances?

He was scheduled for interviews, he wasn't a presenter, but yeah he shouldn't have done it.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

what do you guys make of the trevor bastard accounts

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They're great.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

gh0stpinballa posted:

Write your own drat thesis.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

gh0stpinballa posted:

Really funny and an early warning sign that journalists wouldn't understand what shitposting is.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Its Trevor Bastards twitter world we just live in it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What surprised me with that thesis is that the TBEU is larger than I knew. Several accounts I hadn't heard of.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Podcast listener feedback question:

So we've been recording our news & other episodes mostly on Thursdays now. Due to various factors this means it usually comes out on Friday afternoon/evenings.

We were having a discussion about whether or not we should move the recording to a bit earlier in the week so you could listen to it during your work commute / during the week (and essentially avoid having it out over the weekend when we're drunk at the pub).

Is this something you would prefer (if you're listening to Podcasting is Praxis, which you should)?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Record it over the weekend when less news happens and you can digest the week imo.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Record it over the weekend when less news happens and you can digest the week imo.

Digest the week, then do a massive shitpod.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

finally, a good radmonger post

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Digest the weak, vote conservative

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Makes no difference to me, I'll listen anyway. Over the weekend I'll have it on when cooking/working the allotment/walking the dog and will pay more attention than when I'm driving.

Also can it please be longer, I spend a huge amount of time listening to podcasts and I am often content starved.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

He was scheduled for interviews, he wasn't a presenter, but yeah he shouldn't have done it.

No silver lining? No redemption arc?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eschenique posted:

No silver lining? No redemption arc?

He stopped in 2012 over their torture of a journalist.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Labour: "not fans of torture"

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

He stopped in 2012 over their torture of a journalist.

That's uh.... The bare minimum effort I guess.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What did he go on iranian telly to say?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

What did he go on iranian telly to say?

America/Saudi Arabia bad

Nick Ferrari and some Telegraph dude also went on it back in the day - they believed it was going to be like an Iranian al-Jazeera, or so they hoped.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Eschenique posted:

Can anyone clear up the whole "Corbyn did Iranian State TV for £20,000" thing?

Looks kind of a bad considering the Iranian regime at the time. I realize it's blown out of proportion on the google search results but are there any mitigating circumstances?

It's actually even worse than that... Corbyn has been on British state TV many times even though they constantly gently caress with him, and the brits have killed millions and were blowing people up and putting them in camps at the time...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Remember though it's fine Mike gapes had a bunch of free trips to various middle Eastern regimes accused of human rights abuses because those are ones aligned with the UK and US government's

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Now I'm wondering what the telegraph would have to say lol

I'm not enormously bothered by it tbh given that yeah, I somehow doubt he's gonna change his positions for being on iranian state TV. I wish I could get £20k for posting about amerikkka bad.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 8, 2019

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Don't see why he shouldn't.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Junior G-man posted:

Podcast listener feedback question:

So we've been recording our news & other episodes mostly on Thursdays now. Due to various factors this means it usually comes out on Friday afternoon/evenings.

We were having a discussion about whether or not we should move the recording to a bit earlier in the week so you could listen to it during your work commute / during the week (and essentially avoid having it out over the weekend when we're drunk at the pub).

Is this something you would prefer (if you're listening to Podcasting is Praxis, which you should)?

i would prefer early week for the commute tbh purely cos every other pod releases thurs/fri and sometimes i don't get to PiP until sat/sun

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

HorseLord posted:

More for optics than because I believe Iran should be held to a different standard. Also, this:

Jose posted:

Remember though it's fine Mike gapes had a bunch of free trips to various middle Eastern regimes accused of human rights abuses because those are ones aligned with the UK and US government's

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

winning here

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1192592665726070785

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

HorseLord posted:

Because the Iranian regime is atrocious and appearing on their official state TV while accepting their money is tantamount to support?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The Tories

https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/1192763731878588416?s=19

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Sanford posted:

Makes no difference to me, I'll listen anyway. Over the weekend I'll have it on when cooking/working the allotment/walking the dog and will pay more attention than when I'm driving.

Also can it please be longer, I spend a huge amount of time listening to podcasts and I am often content starved.

We went a few minutes minutes over the targeted hour and a half once and someone had a vocal gripe about it itt, so no.

However, we’re stepping up to probably two episodes a week over the election period (plus the livestream on election night) so there will be plenty of content coming your way!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Eschenique posted:

Because the Iranian regime is atrocious and appearing on their official state TV while accepting their money is tantamount to support?

While you're right, it's a double standard since nobody who criticises him for going on Iranian TV would bat an eye lid if he went on US TV, a country that has done much worse to far more people. The media there ranges between 'absolute denial' and 'somehow worse than Middle Eastern state sponsored propoganda' as well.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice
I just want to throttle LD supporters on my social media. I cant help it, it just rises up like bile. There's the delusional, that think they'll be in some "yellow wave" and the LD's will get a majority, so there's no reasoning there. And there's those FBPE asses that are adamant about Labour being some sort of ultra leave nexus despite the f*cking policy being "Peoples vote motherf*ckers". As much as my politics being aspirational, i am not blind to reality, but these shits all seem to be in some delusion land where its always a two horse race the the LD's are second.

The tories cannot win. I cannot bury any more of my friends. Whatever prevents that I'm all for, no matter what.

-----

I need to post more, i'm a horrible lurker, so expect my shite for the foreseeable.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How do you know who shylock is without knowing he's jewish, he's like if shakespeare time travelled to 1935 germany for his inspiration.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Miftan posted:

While you're right, it's a double standard since nobody who criticises him for going on Iranian TV would bat an eye lid if he went on US TV, a country that has done much worse to far more people. The media there ranges between 'absolute denial' and 'somehow worse than Middle Eastern state sponsored propoganda' as well.

But the Middle East (all of it) is The Bad Guys and "we" (the UK and the USA which are broadly the same) are The Good Guys so this is worse.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sanford posted:

Always leave 'em wanting more ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

StoicFnord posted:

I need to post more, i'm a horrible lurker, so expect my shite for the foreseeable.

We're all shite, :justpost: imo