Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not knowing any poor people that do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol poor people just call it being single

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

drat wonder if its because any time it comes up you make sure to let everyone around you that you hate anyone who tells you they are

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
All the ethically non-monogomous poly people I know were none of the things they pretended to be

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Varinn posted:

drat wonder if its because any time it comes up you make sure to let everyone around you that you hate anyone who tells you they are

i don't say that in real life I just nod and sip my beer and when I go for a cigarette I stare off into space and wonder if I'm even alive or if I fell into a portal to some kind of world of sex weirdos

Siljmonster posted:

Lol poor people just call it being single

yeah but at least nobody I know calls their fwb their Partner and then explains how actually its financially and indeed environmentally Optimal to not get married for reasons

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you make over 80k a year though? suddenly it's a Life Style Choice and the future and basically I'm a one man warrior against patriarchy, loving and sucking anyone I want, getting my girlfriend to babysit the kids from my old marriage sometimes, and it's Woke Actually

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

if you make over 80k a year though? suddenly it's a Life Style Choice and the future and basically I'm a one man warrior against patriarchy, loving and sucking anyone I want, getting my girlfriend to babysit the kids from my old marriage sometimes, and it's Woke Actually

basically anything well-off people with comfortable careers do has to have its own unique identity and constantly be talked about as a personality quirk

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Larry Parrish posted:

I do

Or did, they have somehow managed to escape povrty

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

we only ever hear about the bad polys like epstein and the clintons which makes it seem more dangerous and sinister than it really is instead of something very mundane that has been around since forever

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Larry Parrish posted:

smacks of bougioise excess tbh. i have limited time in my life and devoting it to my three separate 30 something poly girlfriends who are also queer somehow is not really my idea of a 'proletarian' action

And with that we're back to the old Soviet rationale for banning homosexuality

gh0stpinballa posted:

we only ever hear about the bad polys like epstein and the clintons which makes it seem more dangerous and sinister than it really is instead of something very mundane that has been around since forever

And let's compare them to serial rapists too, sure, why the gently caress not

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Goon Danton posted:

i'm saying this is why people have such a anti-poly tendency because of awful media narratives, we should work to debunk these myths by showing how historically polyamory is a pretty vanilla concept and poly people aren't weird and exotic creatures they're just people like you and i

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I think a lot of polycules are just people realizing that finding romantic partners is hard, finding roommates is hard, so why not kill two birds with one stone?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
gathering up a bunch of hunky dudes to form a lek and then just having sex with each other instead. NO girls allowed

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i cant believe being poly is still a thing. in my mind it peaked at about the same time as rage comics

Farm Frenzy has issued a correction as of 15:07 on Nov 8, 2019

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
podcasts are just polycules with microphones and a field recorder

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Turn up thread

THS
Sep 15, 2017

most of the gay couples i know are In semi-open relationships, seems to work ok. i dont think any of them identify as poly tho

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im gay

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I think a lot of polycules are just people realizing that finding romantic partners is hard, finding roommates is hard, so why not kill two birds with one stone?

And in a world where capitalism crushes all sense of community and drives alienation into everyone’s soul forming a communal bond over everyone loving is a pretty reasonable reaction.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

just do infidelity. like an adult.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Just form a meaningful relationship and get married to your best friend imo

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I do

Or did, they have somehow managed to escape povrty

yeah, me too. only on the east coast, tho, for some reason.

the antifada hosts don't seem to be exactly rolling in cash, but i forget what their family backgrounds were.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

deadtear's one of my faves from that time, haha. Come to #poligoon, you gently caress! #dota is dead now

I'm already there :toot:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doc Hawkins posted:

yeah, me too. only on the east coast, tho, for some reason.

the antifada hosts don't seem to be exactly rolling in cash, but i forget what their family backgrounds were.

The one I knew was in Toronto

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

im pretty sure monogamy is one of those things that actually is pretty normal for humans to do. theres cultures that didnt but they were the minority, or generally only practiced by the ruling class of that culture which makes it bougioise/aristocratic excess and therefore bad.

anyway like all sex stuff it's fine up until you start telling strangers about it unprompted in which case its very bad

the world's richest person is yelling about feet and they really, really will not shut up about it

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Victory Position posted:

the world's richest person is yelling about feet and they really, really will not shut up about it

I LOVE YOU, ALIVE GIRL

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I was this close to typing Jeff Bezos feet into Google to see what the hubbub was about. Nice try!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Farm Frenzy posted:

i cant believe being poly is still a thing. in my mind it peaked at about the same time as rage comics

it's because millennials all started getting old enough to have kids, which kinda puts a damper on random sex for most responsible parents

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The new Symptomatic Redness is really good. Derick gets into why American Christianity is in a bad place right now, then takes the discussion into weird places like how Mormons are probably the most Christian religion right now, and why the DSA is totally irrelevant at the national level despite being closely associated with high-profile politicians.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm gonna inject that two-parter on Gene Wolfe directly into my brain.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
This is bourgeoisie thinking but we live in a society and I cant share my benefits with my partners lover

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
polycruel

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Eventually we'll reach a tipping point where people complaining about poly are more omnipresent and annoying about it than actual poly people

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Halloween Jack posted:

Eventually we'll reach a tipping point where people complaining about poly are more omnipresent and annoying about it than actual poly people

...reach?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Goon Danton posted:

People making jokes about my stupid lifestyle is exactly the same as being sent to the gulag to die!!!!!!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

T-man posted:

...reach?

they want to kill us trans folk

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

interesting, did you know dogs are better than cats

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

interesting, did you know dogs are better than cats

Good point. Also, circumcision should be mandatory

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

All i'm saying is it would be really funny if some goon went for a threesome with katherine and will but just immediately made a beeline and started sucking wills dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A Russian troll farm posted:

All i'm saying is it would be really funny if some goon went for a threesome with katherine and will but just immediately made a beeline and started sucking wills dick

would