Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's too much wrestling on AEW and it is burning them out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The good news on the Jericho thing is must people are disgusted by it, so it turned out to be a bad move for him. Hopefully he listens.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I listened to the Jericho cast, here's some very brief notes:

-jericho says the interview was set up through the publisher of trumps book which is the same publisher as his own books
-talks about not being on a side in politics and having a journalism degree and having written four books
-during the interview jericho says almost nothing except for variations of oh wow and thats interesting
-jericho says canadian healthcare is good for if you if have an accident but bad if you have cancer
-trump jr talking about the rallys "its like wrestlemania on crack, theres 47000 people there, not even wwe does that", jericho doesnt correct him
-trump jr on linda mcmahon "that woman never failed at anything"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

she failed at wrestlemania 2000

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

senator linda mcmahon

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
An example conversation:

"John F. Kennedy today, he'd be viewed as alt-right"
"mhm"
"he'd be viewed as neo-nazi scum"
"interesting"

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Incessant Excess posted:

-trump jr on linda mcmahon "that woman never failed at anything"

lmfao

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Incessant Excess posted:

An example conversation:

"mhm"
"interesting"

*oh poo poo this was a bad idea. But I love me a payday...*

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Incessant Excess posted:

An example conversation:

"mhm"
"interesting"

Is that an actual quote or done for comedic effect I can't tell I'm afraid.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jordan7hm posted:

*oh poo poo this was a bad idea. But I love me a payday...*

“almost as much as I love Omaha steaks”

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Von Linus posted:

Is that an actual quote or done for comedic effect I can't tell I'm afraid.

It is pretty much verbatim and Jericho didn't sound sarcastic or dismissive.

EDIT: to be fair, Jericho also didn't sound that way when Bo Dallas talked about the mole people living in the earths core or whatever so who knows

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sounds like Jericho almost certainly knows it was a bad idea, but

Incessant Excess posted:

-jericho says the interview was set up through the publisher of trumps book which is the same publisher as his own books

:thunk:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pollyanna posted:

Jericho's publisher is a division of Orion, which is a gigantic publisher so I wouldn't look too much into that.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yeah there’s only like 5 or 6 publishing companies, they just use a billion different sub companies to make it look less monopolistic than it is

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

Bryan and Vinyn seemed almost ambivalent on this weeks AEW, in like grading on a curve here compared to other AEW reviews. It felt weird to listen to.

Didn't they also say that the Jericho promo was like the funniest thing in wrestling in 30 years or something?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Edge & Christian posted:

I know that this conversation was banned from the WWE thread, but am I missing something in the equation of

1) Dave Meltzer says based on his sources that there was a meeting at the Raw taping on Monday and that Seth Rollins gave a speech at said meeting.
2) Someone on Reddit posts that there was a meeting at the Raw taping on Monday and that Seth Rollins gave a speech at said meeting.

Apparently Seth Rollins did not give a speech at the meeting. Dave Meltzer has retracted this story.

What on this timeline suggests/proves that Dave Meltzer copy-pasted this story from Reddit? Are there timestamps? Similar wording?

My dad texted me yesterday to lament that it looked like Matt Bevin was going to win the KY governor race, several news outlets said the same thing early on. Turns out he did not win the election. Should CBS News apologize for stealing this [false] scoop from my dad?

The Assassination of Seth Rollins by the Coward Dave Meltzer

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Pollyanna posted:

:capitalism:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Initially I figured that his publisher browbeat him into doing it, but then I remembered he just likes getting money, so it’s still on him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

-jericho says canadian healthcare is good for if you if have an accident but bad if you have cancer

Personally I got my cancer treated on the NHS and it really terrifies me that if I had been living under an American system I wouldn't have even been able to go to the doctor because the only time I got to check what this weird new mole on my chest was was when I was made redundant from my old job and I was waiting to start my new one. I'd be dead. As it stands I got the Melanoma cut out of me as my choice even when my GP thought it might be a burst blood vessel under the skin, got a wider examination to cut out all remaining cancer cells, got all the lymph nodes around the area cut out to stop the chances of it spreading, got a reoccurrence dealt with quickly, a week long stay in hospital and multiple years worth of check ups and appointments with dermatologists and my surgery team all completely free and expertly dealt with.

But yeah I'm sure if you've got money the American version is great too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yes I can imagine how two very wealthy people with very wealthy parents can agree that American healthcare is great

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
My favorite thing is "The WWE Universe" thinking "they are biased against WWE" instead of just, y'know pointing out how even the indie darling yellow brand still has that WWE style that tarnishes creativity

"he did an move and then he did a move"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

As someone who has had cancer treated under the Canadian healthcare system this is bullshit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE stinks and the only enjoyment people ever get out of it is in spite of its best efforts.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The only time people seem to enjoy WWE is when they think the WWE won’t do what the WWE always does. It’s an abusive relationship and severing is the best option.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

"its like wrestlemania on crack, theres 47000 people there, not even wwe does that"

finally the truth about WM 3 attendance comes out. thank you don jr

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Sticky Nate posted:

"its like wrestlemania on crack, theres 47000 people there, not even wwe does that"

finally the truth about WM 3 attendance comes out. thank you don jr

I mean, downtalking the impressive attendance numbers of WWE shows is bound to piss off Vince off, so maybe having DJTjr on to make stupid comments is Jericho playing 14th dimensional chess to get Vince to stop being a Trump Fundraiser.

Oh who am I kidding, we're in Hellworld, this is probably 88th dimensional chess to get Vince to prove how great WWE is by donating even more money to Trump.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Pollyanna posted:

Initially I figured that his publisher browbeat him into doing it, but then I remembered he just likes getting money, so it’s still on him.

Yea someone in Jericho's position could easily say no so I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt in this case.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Publisher: "Hey, Chris, would you like a bunch of money t-"
Jericho: "YES AND HOW MUCH BOOZE DOES IT BUY?"

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
So did Dave address messing up the Rollins story on any of the podcasts? Bryan said he would on WOL but if he happened on WOR I must have missed it somehow.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he mentioned that he was high and drunk on a reddit binge and shouldn't have taken that story as fact and verified it just because he wanted it to be true

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Germansimp posted:

I mean, downtalking the impressive attendance numbers of WWE shows is bound to piss off Vince off, so maybe having DJTjr on to make stupid comments is Jericho playing 14th dimensional chess to get Vince to stop being a Trump Fundraiser.

Oh who am I kidding, we're in Hellworld, this is probably 88th dimensional chess to get Vince to prove how great WWE is by donating even more money to Trump.

🤔

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"My publisher set it up" is a pathetic excuse because duh, we're not idiots. We can plainly see Trump is on a book tour doing tons of interviews.

But hey, Meghan McCain and the View managed to push back a little bit against his bullshit. Chris Jericho is a bigger coward/pushover/rear end in a top hat than Meghan McCain.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

So did Dave address messing up the Rollins story on any of the podcasts? Bryan said he would on WOL but if he happened on WOR I must have missed it somehow.

No he never did.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Lid posted:

Bryan and Vinyn seemed almost ambivalent on this weeks AEW, in like grading on a curve here compared to other AEW reviews. It felt weird to listen to.

I don’t really see this, they both seemed to like it plenty. Especially the cody/Jericho parts. They called it the dues of the year.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Jericho had Don Trump Jr on because AEW has had a lot of issues getting visas for their international talent, and now Jericho can go to Don Jr for help.

Remember this when we get Hijo del Vikingo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Jericho had Don Trump Jr on because AEW has had a lot of issues getting visas for their international talent, and now Jericho can go to Don Jr for help.

Remember this when we get Hijo del Vikingo

Vikingo could get in real easy, he just needs some bolt cutters to get through the 'wall'.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
bryan alvarez just spoiled RAW on his twitter and people are whining about it, lmao

Bryan owns

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Vikingo could get in real easy, he just needs some bolt cutters to get through the 'wall'.

or he could walk through a checkpoint like a normal person.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Low Desert Punk posted:

bryan alvarez just spoiled RAW on his twitter and people are whining about it, lmao

Bryan owns

Did they seriously tape Raw and Smackdown on the same loving day? In the same loving building?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

or he could walk through a checkpoint like a normal person.

...it was a joke about how lovely even Tump Sr's key 'policy' has been executed.