Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

sleeping on a cold rear end train

Are you homeless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Are you homeless?

im just not a morning person!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

JUST LMAO IF YOURE NOT USING AN EXTERNAL DAC

YOU MAY AS WELL START WIPING YOUR rear end WITH YOUR EARS IF YOU DONT USE ONE OF THESE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the kentucky quid posted:

YOU MAY AS WELL START WIPING YOUR rear end WITH YOUR EARS IF YOU DONT USE ONE OF THESE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC

Spotify? Lol no, I only use the finest FLAC files on my Sony Walkman

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

you mean you don't play all your FLAC's on neil youngs PONO player? seems fairly hosed up to me

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"Things that are objectively better are just for nerds, I buy Apple as I am cool" -- thread dipshits.
Buy some bose QC35's or the 2nd generation Sony MDR-1000x for about the same price as those apple buds and they'll, as I said, be literally better in every metric.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

UHH I ONLY LISTEN TO MQA SONGS ON TIDAL. LMFAO AT USING FLAC

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Just lol if your smartphone doesn't have an integrated 24-bit USB C DAC, rendering such dongles useless.

Posted from my Razer Phone 2.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

"Things that are objectively better are just for nerds, I buy Apple as I am cool" -- thread dipshits.
Buy some bose QC35's or the 2nd generation Sony MDR-1000x for about the same price as those apple buds and they'll, as I said, be literally better in every metric.

i love how you still totally ignored the fact that i dont want to wear big over ear headphones while commuting

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

i love how you still totally ignored the fact that i dont want to wear big over ear headphones while commuting
"I want to buy an objectively worse product because *gulp* strangers might judge me OMG"

No one cares if you're wearing larger headphones, if you look around you most people with their head screwed on right are.
Hipster dipshits and teen girls though?

Airpods.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Khablam posted:

Bose is just as poo poo as Apple OP. Sorry you had to find out this way.

1500 quid is right and anything over bluetooth is poo poo enough audio quality to make stuff like sennheisers and EKC and whatever other audiophile jerkoff headphones largely a waste of money. Apple airpods are a waste of money as well just because they are way too loving expensive for what they are, but like I'm not going to get mad at people for buying them. There are apparently some really good noise cancelling earbuds on AliExpress for like $70 but I haven;'t tried those out yet so YMMV.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Haas is “re-assessing” F1 plans.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

"I want to buy an objectively worse product because *gulp* strangers might judge me OMG"

No one cares if you're wearing larger headphones, if you look around you most people with their head screwed on right are.

Airpods.

i never said anything about how I look, i find over ear headphones uncomfortable when comuting and the fact that they have anc while being compact sounds appealing to me. i don't give a poo poo about having the best sound quality as i mainly listen to podcasts when i comute and maybe i'll use em at the gym while blasting poo poo from youtube

i wasn't going to buy a pair anyways, but seeing as you hate them so much I decided to order them!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

track day bro! posted:

i never said anything about how I look, i find over ear headphones uncomfortable when comuting and the fact that they have anc while being compact sounds appealing to me. i don't give a poo poo about having the best sound quality as i mainly listen to podcasts when i comute and maybe i'll use em at the gym while blasting poo poo from youtube

i wasn't going to buy a pair anyways, but seeing as you hate them so much I decided to order them!

For $20 you can't really lose
someone in the AliExpress thread recommended these as well

It's your money, do what you want but if you're not looking for audiophile quality, I bet these will meet 99% of your expectations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ive already got a pair of dirt cheap bluetooth ones for the gym!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DO NOT BUY loving ELECTRONICS OF ALI EXPRESS PLEASE CHRIST

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Bose make the best sound products and they work best if they have bluetooth. Checkmate, nerds. It's almost as if the best sound quality is the only thing fit for the best driver ever. :lewis:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

LITERALLY HAD TO gently caress STOP THE KART CLUB FROM ORDERING loving SAFETY BARRIERS OF ALI EXPRESS LAST NIGHT. WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE JESUS

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I once bought a USB C charger from Ali Express for $15 and it blew up my $2,500 Macbook Pro.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

LITERALLY HAD TO gently caress STOP THE KART CLUB FROM ORDERING loving SAFETY BARRIERS OF ALI EXPRESS LAST NIGHT. WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE JESUS

oh sweet i've been looking for some cheap safety barriers and didn't even think to check aliexpress!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Top tip: fill your headphones with nitrogen

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

Top tip: fill your headphones with nitrogen

Pro tip: inject nitrogen into your veins.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

I once bought a USB C charger from Ali Express for $15 and it blew up my $2,500 Macbook Pro.

lmao you retard

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I remember a study they did on wine tasters where they blindfold them and these experts were unable to accurately tell a goddamn thing about any wine they tasted- up to and including "is this wine white or red?"

Apply that to audiophiles and headphones and then go home and cry into your anime pillow if you have ever spent more than £50 on headphones because of "audio quality" (active noise cancellation is cool though so that's fine)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
more importantly is that the Utah expansion is now out for American Truck Simulator on steam! Also if you haven't got it yet there's a free weekend for American Truck Simulator so you can try it out and then buy it and all the expansions

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

lmao you retard

I don't understand the question?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

I remember a study they did on wine tasters where they blindfold them and these experts were unable to accurately tell a goddamn thing about any wine they tasted- up to and including "is this wine white or red?"

Apply that to audiophiles and headphones and then go home and cry into your anime pillow if you have ever spent more than £50 on headphones because of "audio quality" (active noise cancellation is cool though so that's fine)

this is why I drink box wine or 5 bucks a bottle wine.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

DO NOT BUY loving ELECTRONICS OF ALI EXPRESS PLEASE CHRIST

Those Xiaomi ones I linked earlier are just the Chinese Domestic Market versions of the exact same ones they sell here for like $100. Some electronics are fine to buy off AliExpress, you just have to do more than 30 seconds of research on what you are buying and don't buy the absolute cheapest version on the site.

Obviously yes, don't buy anything from there you would trust your life on and consider everything disposable.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
You can get a very reasonably priced seatbelt from Ali Express. And fire extinguishers too. I don't understand why people say it's expensive to compete in motorsport.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what does gently caress stop means?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

this is why I drink box wine or 5 bucks a bottle wine.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF EXCELLENT CHEAP EUROPEAN WINES AVAILABLE

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

what does gently caress stop means?

It's a solution to the Northern Ireland border issue for Brexit.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

THERE ARE PLENTY OF EXCELLENT CHEAP EUROPEAN WINES AVAILABLE

is it 5 bucks cheap? if not I don't wanna hear about it

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

Airpods.

AirPods are insanely convenient but feel free to spend all your time giving a poo poo what other people do lmao

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

Hey hey this isn't audiophile wankery dude.
Airpods (non-pro) are literally just the free earbuds apple used to supply, but without wires. They sound pretty bad to most people and you can trivially measure the difference in sound they make compared to better headphones.
If you spend £90 or so, you get the Sony MDR7506 headphones that are still used in studios today, as they offer an accurate sound.
This is how you know audiophiles are idiots, because the music they're listening to is mastered on those, but they think they need 10k headphone and amp combinations wherein said measurement techniques will fail to see an improvement, but they will nonetheless claim it's there.

If you spend £20-30 on something with a 30mm driver, or ~£100 on something with a 40-50mm driver, the difference between those and the lovely little off-the-shelf Chinese drivers apple stick in their products is very significant.

re: bluetooth audio, LDAC and aptx(HD) is a thing. The former will do lossless transmission of most(all) 44hz/16bit content. Nearly every device/headphone combination will also stream AAC audio, so if you have them compressed as AAC files on your device, they aren't re-encoded to go over bluetooth.

Everyone ITT has knowledge rooted in technology 10 years ago I swear.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

Hey hey this isn't audiophile wankery dude.
Airpods (non-pro) are literally just the free earbuds apple used to supply, but without wires. They sound pretty bad to most people and you can trivially measure the difference in sound they make compared to better headphones.
If you spend £90 or so, you get the Sony MDR7506 headphones that are still used in studios today, as they offer an accurate sound.
This is how you know audiophiles are idiots, because the music they're listening to is mastered on those, but they think they need 10k headphone and amp combinations wherein said measurement techniques will fail to see an improvement, but they will nonetheless claim it's there.

If you spend £20-30 on something with a 30mm driver, or ~£100 on something with a 40-50mm driver, the difference between those and the lovely little off-the-shelf Chinese drivers apple stick in their products is very significant.

re: bluetooth audio, LDAC and aptx(HD) is a thing. The former will do lossless transmission of most(all) 44hz/16bit content. Nearly every device/headphone combination will also stream AAC audio, so if you have them compressed as AAC files on your device, they aren't re-encoded to go over bluetooth.

Everyone ITT has knowledge rooted in technology 10 years ago I swear.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I give a poo poo what people do cause idiots like you eat a load of poo poo and then go "actually yummy this poo poo is good actually wow yeah I like it hahahahahahah"

And then other companies go

"well seems users will pay a lot of money for literal actual poo poo"
"yeah"
"R&D please stop making good products and make a literal pile of poo poo to eat"
"ohhh ok.."

[some time later, in a store / web retailer near you]

*actual person with a brain walks in*
"hey... why is everything here literal poo poo or a crappy copy of literal poo poo??? what gives??"
"oh well hurgh its reall hurhg convenient and when you tell HURGHHHH people enough that they want poo poo and all the cool kids want poo poo they HURGHHGHGH eat poo poo just to fit in!"
"are you.. are you literally eating poo poo right now?"
"yes its HURGHGHG its HURGHGHGH its all we have"

*actual person with brain walks out*

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I mean im talking to the person who uses cast iron because some other hipster dufus did before you, and it's just part of the 'uniform' you have to wear now.

HURGHGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I like the AirPods because they work seamlessly between my Apple devices.