Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

Very well, where should I begin? My sister bought me a nintendo switch. My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. A sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. If I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fifteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shaven scrotum. At the age of eighteen, I went off to evil medical school. From there..

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Very well, where should I begin? My sister bought me a nintendo switch. My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. A sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. If I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fifteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shaven scrotum. At the age of eighteen, I went off to evil medical school. From there..

Lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmfao

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/1194405229883576320

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh poo poo finally

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh hell yeah.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bad rear end

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1194528522582347776

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1194625590860627968

the spoiler was that princess peach gets saved at the end

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

My sister gave me a Switch last year, played some Mario: Hat Edition on it and put it in a drawer. Then this year she gave me BotW. I'm a little ways into it and I'm wondering what the big deal is. The entire story is about 100 words long, and every character you meet rehashes it verbatim while you mash A. The puzzle shrines are uniformly easy. Besides the shrines, every task and combat encounter in the game seems to either be impossible or trivial, the difference being whether you've pumped enough spirit orbs into stamina or stockpiled enough good weapons. A good example of this is horse taming: a pure stat check, but with button prompts that misleadingly suggest you could tame a difficult horse if only you mashed Soothe faster. Whoever decided that the main way to craft food (that you need in huge quantities) would be to navigate 3 menus in order to drop 5 physics-enable items at a time into a fire should be shot. The low-contrast art style combined with poor lighting causes many scenes to appear muddy and flat.

The game's structure per se is nothing new. Like any Ubisoft open world game, you have roughly 5 categories of thing to do scattered at regular intervals across a number of regions that you explore by climbing towers. Then it mixes in the Arkham games' [array of gadgets that can bypass certain repeated obstacles], but only a couple of them are as useful or neatly integrated into other gameplay — that is, the bat-cape and grappling hook, e.g., added a lot to both mobility and combat, whereas the Slate gadgets are only rarely useful outside of their specific exploration/puzzle niches. The Slate is a gimmick, and I was sick of the unskippable "blue data drop" cutscene the second time I saw it.

I have other problems with BotW that I'd categorize as matters of taste: I wish weapon durability was much, much higher, for example. But I'll leave it there. The game is still basically fun to gently caress around in, and I love exploring its world, but I cannot understand all the superlatives you nerds heap on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtpgt0xWF2g

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

greetings

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/mariobrothblog/status/1195309685672427520?s=21

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gah!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

👀

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Before time began, before spirits and life existed, three golden goddesses descended upon the chaos that was Hyrule..

Din, the goddess of power...
Nayru, the goddess of wisdom...
and Farore, the goddess of courage...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Control Volume posted:

Before time began, before spirits and life existed, three golden goddesses descended upon the chaos that was Hyrule..

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmfao

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Control Volume posted:

Lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Control Volume posted:

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1195752772114755590?s=19

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dragon Quest Monsters is freaking sweet Lois.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUoYihB9Na4&t=35s

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

o_O

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Dragon Quest Monsters is freaking sweet Lois.

dang you made me think the switch or android port came out over here already.

unless they did and i'm blind.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

dang you made me think the switch or android port came out over here already.

unless they did and i'm blind.

Nah I picked up a DS cart of 2. Playing on 3DS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And yes I'm holding select while it boots

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

And yes I'm holding select while it boots

what does that do

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

what does that do

ive never had a 3ds but i instinctually know it forces it to boot in the native res

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had Dragon Warrior Monsters for GBC as a kid and it was such a fuckijg weird game. I had no idea what to make of it and couldn't get very far, but it was really memorable. Then my save deleted itself lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I just beat bayo 2 with Jeanne and I feel powerful. Only on hard tho I am not sure I could handle a infinite climax run with the timings tho

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my morning jackass posted:

I just beat bayo 2 with Jeanne and I feel powerful. Only on hard tho I am not sure I could handle a infinite climax run with the timings tho

its really sick that infinite totally reworks enemy spawns to be batshit crazy, its almost a new campaign

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1198000240319590400?s=20

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Looks off to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The Mario is not a cube