Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Not a single Winnie the Pooh? Disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the winnie the poo thing might not have what it takes to properly demonize xi as the big brother totalitarian leader he needs to be now. namely because winnie the poo is not in fact banned in china, and it might unintentionally make xi look like a playful, disarming and protective figure who is loved by children everywhere

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 11:41 on Nov 8, 2019

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What's the Disney analogy of Xi and Trump walking together?

Also

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
There’s plenty that could be said about the ADL and their position on a lot of issues but lol at saying a Jewish organization has no weight when discussing defining literal antisemitic nazi symbolism

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

LimburgLimbo posted:

There’s plenty that could be said about the ADL and their position on a lot of issues but lol at saying a Jewish organization has no weight when discussing defining literal antisemitic nazi symbolism

It doesnt count because counting it would be inconvenient to me and so on

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

LimburgLimbo posted:

it matters when someone is using that same organization to suggest that it's NOT anti-semitic Nazi symbolism

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
More searing insights from HK's best and brightest:

it's because the american chamber of commerce and business lobbies don't want to lose a money laundocracy in east asia

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ACAB LOL

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lady Galaga posted:

ACAB is regarded as a hate symbol, yet somehow it escapes critique when used on this very forum

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah all those cops shooting unarmed (and legally armed) black people for complying with their orders sure didn’t contribute to the resurgence of ACAB over the past five years, or anything. also blue lives matter has nothing to do with racism people just want to support their brave officers putting their lives on the line against street thugs and drug dealers

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The humble pepe is simply used to connote if something "Feels good man!" or "Feels bad man."

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Lady Galaga posted:

ACAB is regarded as a hate symbol, yet somehow it escapes critique when used on this very forum

Lady Galaga posted:

why would i care about american NGOs lol

i trust this poster they are acting in good faith and are being perfectly honest

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, you trust me dont you

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
FWIW, they call it a hate symbol because skinheads like to say it but also that you have to look at the context because non-skinheads like to say it a lot now too.

So even the ADL isn’t saying they’re not bastards.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's the dumbest timeline

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Mar 23, 2021

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

FWIW, they call it a hate symbol because skinheads like to say it but also that you have to look at the context because non-skinheads like to say it a lot now too

isn’t this the exact same point that lady galaga is making

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sincx posted:

Which article? This one?

https://www.economist.com/china/2019/11/07/mainland-chinese-are-being-attacked-in-hong-kong

So now will property prices come down from the stratosphere because 暴發戶 and their 富二代 spawn are too scared to buy condos in HK?

more likely that real estate prices continue to grind more and more HKers into poverty because the city’s localist oligarchs and government benefit from extreme housing prices

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sincx posted:

Which article? This one?

https://www.economist.com/china/2019/11/07/mainland-chinese-are-being-attacked-in-hong-kong

So now will property prices come down from the stratosphere because 暴發戶 and their 富二代 spawn are too scared to buy condos in HK?

No sorry. The dialect article. My phone spellchecked the word.

Thank you.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Mar 23, 2021

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

whatever7 posted:

No sorry. The dialect article. My phone spellchecked the word.

Thank you.

https://www.economist.com/china/2019/11/07/in-china-capitalism-breeds-new-respect-for-dialects

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/pdchina/status/1192703599047892993?s=21

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sincx posted:

My post had the entire article, not just that screenshot. It's not showing up for you?

Ok maybe it was the awful app problem thanks.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
people who are racists against Chinese people should not be living and working in China IMO

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMpe-TWbN1A

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Great Autismo! posted:

isn’t this the exact same point that lady galaga is making

I’m not totally sure what Galaga is arguing at this point. so maybe?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

The Great Autismo! posted:

people who are racists against Chinese people should not be living and working in China IMO

The Han are the majority though, :rimshot:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It does complicate the racism matrix

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Kill All Cops posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

die pig

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmfao

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
ahahaha

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:eyepop: that's a username lmfao

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/danieldumbrill/status/1192734336316919808?s=21

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
they're really bad at it

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1192910506723397632

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
goddamn even the rightist kids get it,

a revolution is not a dinner party. we should be out there beating landlords yet they out there beating grandpas and get TV spots featuring them while we ratio stuff on twitter

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

they're really bad at it

even state broadcasters like DW are turning on them lmao

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Modest Mao posted:

a revolution is not a dinner party. we should be out there beating landlords yet they out there beating grandpas and get TV spots featuring them while we ratio stuff on twitter
It seems like we are all far too comfortable and reliant on our income to sustain that lifestyle. Remaining ignorant of pervasive abuse of power means your life has less stress.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
wowee what a day this thread had when lady galaga gets a probe for being pro cop? the poe is outta control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I don't care if they're doing "violence" in the abstract only if its justified